Marshall

ImageImageImage
Peaches

Marshall

Post by Peaches » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:53 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:The fact we controlled the first 30min certainly had nothing to do with Marshall.

Unless you consider his ridiculous grubber kicks a positive.
Well it must have been a pre-thought thing and they dropped their first 5 efforts with the ball and our only completed sets in the first 10 were when we kicked early so handling was clearly very tough.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:54 pm

For me Bengi dogged it tonight i don't know if he is still sick or what he did nothing,and as far as teddy goes don't blame him blame the same boofhead that gave away two penalties on the 5th tackle.We need some grunt up front i said it before Anasta and Fulton are to light and tonight proved it to me they got smashed. Sorry to say we do need change for one Thompson.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:56 pm

Benji needed to put his hand up and have a massive dig,in reality he went through the motions.
Look at any of Benji highlight packages,they are usually against weak teams

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:59 pm

I wanted to start this thread
But i would of titled it differently
' Benji Beautiful'
that was until farah came off
Benji was graceful tonight.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Post by Guest » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:00 pm

TIGER wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:When is the last time Marshall played an outstanding game against quality opposition, not garbage like Parramatta and Penrith?
When was the last time he played he played good against anyone?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:03 pm

marshalls defence all year has been crap and his attack well lets just say there is no ATTACK, he and miller do the same thing crap across field and turn a poor forward into a waiting committee, to get smashed. now this is where the coach comes into this how to hell can he not see what is going on and why is there no sign of it changing.
sorry to say this but its time for benji to follow mr sheens.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:12 pm

Agree wholeheartedly HT, Marshall was truly woeful tonight.

For the past year, I've thought he'll get himself out of this mire but I'm starting to believe he is in decline as a player.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:26 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:When is the last time Marshall played an outstanding game against quality opposition, not garbage like Parramatta and Penrith?
Theyre the only teams we get go forward against...something in that.

everett

Post by everett » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:30 pm

Maybe Harry should remind him we have Anasta and Siro who can play 5/8 and if you don't start performing rather then live off past glories then you will be replaced.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:32 pm

everett wrote:Maybe Harry should remind him we have Anasta and Siro who can play 5/8 and if you don't start performing rather then live off past glories then you will be replaced.
yup, that would be a good start. so is moltzen, with teddy at the back.. we do have options without benji, this time
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:35 pm

citizen cub wrote:Agree wholeheartedly HT, Marshall was truly woeful tonight.

For the past year, I've thought he'll get himself out of this mire but I'm starting to believe he is in decline as a player.
Starting to think so too. Lets face it, he's been awful for nearly two years now.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:36 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:Benji isn't too blame for tonight everybody's love child tedesco has been the biggest weakness responsible for 3 manly tries
Agree 1st try Boonboon

Last two were numbers issues .Manly had a 5 on 3 three first try they scored on Tedesco and a 5 on 4 second time

It is the inside players and the fullback who decides on numbering up

If you listen closely during a game you'll will hear players screaming "I've got 13 ,I've got 6" and then the fullback screaming for them to slide or number up

Teddy looked far more comfortable when in his rightful position

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:38 pm

Again Benji doesn't aim up against a Top 4 side

And how much are we paying him again ??

Enuff said

Kurriboi

Post by Kurriboi » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:46 pm

bp tiger wrote:marshalls defence all year has been crap and his attack well lets just say there is no ATTACK, he and miller do the same thing crap across field and turn a poor forward into a waiting committee, to get smashed. now this is where the coach comes into this how to hell can he not see what is going on and why is there no sign of it changing.
Couldn,t agree more, benji the movie star should be shown the door ASAP. Hasn,t had a decent game since he joined the footy show. Maybe a big pin inserted into his cranium might improve his arrogant self centred attitude.

LCA

Post by LCA » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:19 am

Both Marshall and Farah were very flat in attack and that spells certain defeat when that happens. At least Robbie made up for it in defence. Benji influenced the outcome again...in a negative sense. He was missing in action most of the night, put in some ridiculous kicks and missed the goal that could have given some reward for all that time in possession within the Manly 20m line. All up, they played like they didn't think we could win it.

cunno

Post by cunno » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:47 am

bp tiger wrote:marshalls defence all year has been crap and his attack well lets just say there is no ATTACK, he and miller do the same thing crap across field and turn a poor forward into a waiting committee, to get smashed. now this is where the coach comes into this how to hell can he not see what is going on and why is there no sign of it changing.
Good points but imo this is an important area where Potter can show his ability as a coach and stamp his mark. Benji has not played well when it counts if Potter can work on this and turn him around it will be a major achievement.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:04 am

Marshall has stagnated or even gone backwards as a player. Never, ever thought I would say this but I think he's currently one of our biggest problems.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:13 am

Again Marshall bashing Jesus, yes drop the best rated half statistically last year and the one ranked #2 on kpi stats this year. Some of you are brain dead. You would probably drop thurston to after his last 2 games