Positives (and there are a few)

ImageImageImage
MacDougall

Positives (and there are a few)

Post by MacDougall » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:07 pm

1. Surely the penny has dropped. Surely a clean out will ensure. Surely some plodders will be dropped.

2. Tedesco was outstanding and we saw his potential tonight. Imagine how he'd go behind a team that wins!

3. Woods continues to amaze.

4. Sironen was also good tonight but as a fringe runner. He is clearly a back rower and clearly a good one.

5. Koroibete won't play that bad again in his career.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:10 pm

6. I tipped the bulldogs
7. I didn't have to watch the game

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:13 pm

koro wasnt that bad... and Siro runs well but doesnt capitalise off it by passing at the line enough. Agree Teddy had a good run, and Woods, well did his usual.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:18 pm

Do you have an eyesight problem? Koribete was horrible in defence. Why he was played as a ruck runner in attack I don't know

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:19 pm

despite what is happening , our young stars will prosper from this experience
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:23 pm

Can forgive Koro. He's still a rookie and he was first game back from injury in a team that was significantly overmatched. I would forgive him anything because without him we have little to no speed or x-factor.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:26 pm

Reddy is turning into a good centre as well and is safe under the high ball.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:26 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Do you have an eyesight problem? Koribete was horrible in defence. Why he was played as a ruck runner in attack I don't know

If you understood the role of centre and/or sliding defence, you would understand that he was strung out to dry this evening... I dont take all blame from him, Marshall compiled the poor choices in defence down that side and a fill in centre (was as good as Lawrence) didnt ride the line and force choices from attacking raids.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:26 pm

At least Qld will win State of Origin this season

A few of us have something to look forward to in 2013

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:30 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
tigergirlz wrote:Do you have an eyesight problem? Koribete was horrible in defence. Why he was played as a ruck runner in attack I don't know

If you understood the role of centre and/or sliding defence, you would understand that he was strung out to dry this evening... I dont take all blame from him, Marshall compiled the poor choices in defence down that side and a fill in centre (was as good as Lawrence) didnt ride the line and force choices from attacking raids.
I don't know what it is but teams are just shifting it wide and making huge metres and busting up our fringes. Instead of going up and cutting off the shifts our players hop on the back foot, turn, slide whatever and just allow themselves to either give up 20-30 easy metres on a shift or get off balance and beaten. It's not working because our centres have all be slow plodders that can't cover our wingers good enough so opposition centres are cutting us to pieces. If we're going to employ that sort of defence we need fast centres, otherwise we need to just force them to shift quicker and attempt to get up in their faces. If they spread it to the last man and get their overlap quickly enough then let them try. At least Koro and Tedesco are fast enough to run down linebreaks.

Answer: Faster centres or aggressive wide defence.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:39 pm

happy tiger wrote:At least Qld will win State of Origin this season

A few of us have something to look forward to in 2013
Imagine how stuffed the Tigers are gonna be without Woods and Farah.
That could be very ugly.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:47 pm

Very good
Tedesco - 144 m
Woods - 140 m

Solid
Reddy, Sironen, Simona, Koroibete

Again our 2nd row was useless in attack, Blair 44 m, Fulton - 48 m, BMM - 37 m :oops:

IMHO, our young players deserve a chance: Sue, Seumanufagai and Groat.

Tedesco
Koroibete
Reddy
Simona
Nafoaluma/Naiyarovaro
Marshall
Miller
Woods
Farah
Buchanan
Sue
Thompson
Sironen

Seumanufagai
Groat
Pettybourne
Spence

:sign:

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:48 pm

Positives
1. Tedesco made more meters in one game then moltzen had ever made at Fb-144m and 7 tackle breaks
2. In 30 mins at fullback Simona looked better then Lawrence had all year
3. We missed less tackles then the bulldogs despite loosing by 40
4. Aaron Woods made 140 m and 31 tackles without missing one
5. Robbie farah is the best hooker in the game
6. Benji and Koroibete came back from injury and will both get better and play better with a decent forward pack
7. Joel reddy shut down josh Morris in the centres showing he is a good defensive centre once again
8. Most of the players in our team were kids and will be better with better players around them
9. Sironen looks a great potential back rower
10. Sauso sue has lots of potential as a hard working back rower
11. Matt Utai made 100 and didn't miss a tackle
12. We gave away less penalties then the dogs
13. We have plenty of potential but can only play so many kids

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:49 pm

Black'n'White wrote:

The left hand defence was awful. Not really Koros fault. Blair, Marshall and Thompson were dreadful at manning up on that side and left Koro out to dry far too many times. Koro is also wasted hitying it up the middle. He has electrifying pace we need to get him the ball out wide to take full advantage of his talents. i am convinced still that in the next 2 years he will be the best winger in the NRL.

Postive for mine was Reddy and Utai on the right hand side. Reddy shut down Morris most of the night and was safe under the high ball.

I think Sironen will end up a great lock or second rower in a few years. He is a talent.

Tedesco showed glimpses of what he will become. I wish we could have given him more time to develop this year in the state cup but he will in time make a very good fullback.

Woods is a machine and I thought he was unlucky to have the refs penalize him so much for holding down. What not swap Woods for any other front rower in the NRL.

Simona looked ok when he finally got on, should have started at centre.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:50 pm

Metres just aren't a measurement of effectiveness at our club.

Most of our ball was coming out of our own end.

The directive was basically

Tedesco
Koroibete/Utai
Koroibete/Utai
Thompson/Reddy
Woods
Kick

The forwards don't do hitups at the Wests Tigers. They just miss tackles.

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:51 pm

Maybe Potter needs to go back to old school discipline and crack a few of these boys across the back of legs with a spoon to buck their ideas up!

Only problem is, he'll need to wait till the end of the year to get his hands on it....damn >_<

:cry:
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:52 pm

MacDougall wrote:1. Surely the penny has dropped. Surely a clean out will ensure. Surely some plodders will be dropped.

2. Tedesco was outstanding and we saw his potential tonight. Imagine how he'd go behind a team that wins!

3. Woods continues to amaze.

4. Sironen was also good tonight but as a fringe runner. He is clearly a back rower and clearly a good one.

5. Koroibete won't play that bad again in his career.
6. No further injuries

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:52 pm

I remember years ago when Payten was still actually playing he said of Tim Simona "he can stand up his man one on one every single time" and I definitely see that. His footwork is incredible and he looks fast. If only he grew a bit but the kid just stopped growing at 19.