Jimmy Tedesco

ImageImageImage
MacDougall

Jimmy Tedesco

Post by MacDougall » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:27 am

It suits a gun fullback better. Jimmy Tedesco.

It took him a while but tonight he was outstanding in a side well beaten. I cannot wait to see him in a game that we dominate. If he was fullback in our two early season wins we would have put on three extra tries in each.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:30 am

Watching him pop up as the forwards got tackled, you can see the value once they get the feel for him being around...

He was thoroughly solid all over. Really pumped if this kind of progression keeps up

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:31 am

Outstanding? I dont think so.

A little but more comfortable, yes.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:41 am

Didn't watch game Majere? He was our second best behind Woods. He constantly looked like breaking the line, he ran the ball back with vigour. He was sniffing around the ruck and chiming in. He was everything we want in a fullback and more. I tell you when we win a match he will leave jaws on the floor.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:49 am

He has great footwork and can extract metres where there are none. He also seems a little like Barba and all the other good fullbacks, he hangs around guys who can offload, like Aaron Woods, and always returns kicks with a full heart.

He's still yet to win a game though! Technically he won on his debut, but we all know how that went, don't think you can count that. I believe he can be outstanding if he can gain confidence through a winning sensation.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Sat 04 May, 2013 2:46 am

MacDougall wrote:Didn't watch game Majere? He was our second best behind Woods. He constantly looked like breaking the line, he ran the ball back with vigour. He was sniffing around the ruck and chiming in. He was everything we want in a fullback and more. I tell you when we win a match he will leave jaws on the floor.
I watched the game.

He might be a good fullback one day, in fact I'm pretty sure he will. I'm certainly not part of the circlejerk club over the guy though.

Up until tonight, he has been ordinary under the high ball, had suspect hands, ordinary defense. and very predictable in attack. I don't think anyone has come close to falling for whatever that little stutter step thing he does. I understand why we are persisting with him because you can see flashes of what he might be.

Tonight for the first time he looked like a first grade fullback which is good. But I'm not ready to throw him a parade yet. Kids That look like superstars in Junior football but cant handle 1st's are a dime a dozen.

I'm not saying that i want him to fail. I really hope he succeeds. But you guys wanting him to be a rookie of the year superstar doesn't mean he's there yet.

Same goes for Koriobete. All Hype & hope at the moment without a lot of substance.

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sat 04 May, 2013 6:12 am

Teddy does something that Moltzen never did.

He runs back the kick returns. Hard.
No, he wasn't Slater last night, but he's coming along nicely. Good aggression and intensity, and always seemed to be there when an arm was free. Paid off in the end and his efforts in support were awarded a try.

Probably the first time we've had a proper fullback in the number one jersey since Hodgo, and the first time we've had one with any ticker and heart. That's why I'm excited

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sat 04 May, 2013 6:25 am

Did anyone notice how excited he was after scoring that try even tho we were getting pumped by 40-odd. Jimmy the kid has loads of potential but also a great enthusiastic attitude, that's half the battle!

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 04 May, 2013 6:57 am

He avoided the nudey run at the end of the year...that's exciting!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 7:02 am

LCA wrote:He avoided the nudey run at the end of the year...that's exciting!
That was his second try

Even in a badly beaten side he still made 144 metres . About 80 -90 extra metres than Mr Moltzen was making when he had the job

Good on ya Teddy , keep it up

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 04 May, 2013 7:53 am

Thats been upgraded to 160 meters , scored a try and 7 tackle breaks and 0 errors. That is better in his second game at fullback then Moltzen ever produced in a whole career - he ran hard, supported well, has always looked good under the high ball. Is he Billy Slater -not at this stage but he is playing fullback in first grade at 20 and is looking great

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 04 May, 2013 7:58 am

Billy Slater would have done no better than Teddy last night. I'm telling you he will blow minds behind team that wins. Could be this week because the Sharks are hopeless and are our bunnies.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 04 May, 2013 7:59 am

very well said BoonBoon .

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:10 am

Majere77 wrote:He might be a good fullback one day, in fact I'm pretty sure he will. I'm certainly not part of the circlejerk club over the guy though.

Up until tonight, he has been ordinary under the high ball, had suspect hands, ordinary defense. and very predictable in attack. I don't think anyone has come close to falling for whatever that little stutter step thing he does. I understand why we are persisting with him because you can see flashes of what he might be.

Tonight for the first time he looked like a first grade fullback which is good. But I'm not ready to throw him a parade yet. Kids That look like superstars in Junior football but cant handle 1st's are a dime a dozen.

I'm not saying that i want him to fail. I really hope he succeeds. But you guys wanting him to be a rookie of the year superstar doesn't mean he's there yet.

Same goes for Koriobete. All Hype & hope at the moment without a lot of substance.
I really like Tedesco and Koro but Tedesco finally played a solid game last night and Koro needs to improve. I think they will both be great first graders but we really need the whole team to start to perform consistently. Koro and Tedesco have to be mistake free and perform when they have the ball if we want to start winning some games.

Tedesco though should be our fullback and Koro gets one wing spot.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:33 am

MacDougall wrote:Billy Slater would have done no better than Teddy last night. I'm telling you he will blow minds behind team that wins. Could be this week because the Sharks are hopeless and are our bunnies.
Silly comparison MacD... Dont put the mocker on the kid.

He is bloody exciting to watch and will hopefully remain a Tiger for a long time... I think his Dad must of bought him some new boot this week as he didnt slip over every 5 minutes tonight.

He will be more dangerous when we get a domestic 7 straightening the ruck!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

tigsta

Post by tigsta » Sat 04 May, 2013 9:12 am

I disagree. I am yet to see any of the hype.
Put it this way, I never expect him to break the line on a kick return EVER. Just a run up and a little dance and hit the floor.
I hope he proves me wrong in the upcoming few weeks.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 04 May, 2013 9:33 am

Tiger Watto wrote: I think his Dad must of bought him some new boot this week as he didnt slip over every 5 minutes tonight.
i was beginning to think we had another mcdonnell on our hands.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 May, 2013 9:34 am

Haha twinkle toes teddy....needs to stretch out