Turning points

ImageImageImage
alexaki

Turning points

Post by alexaki » Fri 10 May, 2013 11:45 pm

Turning points at tonight's game:

1) 20 min mark when Sue and woods came off.. We just dropped our intensity and mistakes set in...dropped balls... We were lucky to go into half time 6-6.

2) Marshall our $4m player couldn't find touch after a penalty just after half time....

Another sub standard game from Benji :roll:

macman

Post by macman » Fri 10 May, 2013 11:50 pm

Agree
Sue was great early on
Our forwards are okay our issues is with the backs - cant defend can't create

derailed

Post by derailed » Sat 11 May, 2013 8:47 am

The touch finder in the second half was followed by ten minutes without the ball and three tries game over.

But the real turning point was earlier in the week 7. Sirro 6. Marshall we had nothing in attack at all

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 11 May, 2013 9:27 am

Definitely the touch finder.They scored the simplest try in that set of 6 but a close 2nd was Korros brain snap pass???

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 11 May, 2013 9:30 am

The difference was at half time Flanagan would have said run straight and hard and you will win this game. They listened

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 May, 2013 9:34 am

When Koroibete started dropping the bombs , Carney could see the whites of his eyes and the Tigers resistance seemed to crumble after that

coffstiger

Post by coffstiger » Sat 11 May, 2013 9:37 am

The turning point as far as the scoreboard was definitely the failed touch finder early in the 2nd half. Take that error away and who knows what may have been?

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 11 May, 2013 10:16 am

woulda, coulda, shoulda. I agree that the kick which didnt find touch was a turning point but ALL we had to do was defend one or two sets of six in our territory and we couldn't. Simple as that.

Lot's of work needed in defensive POSITIONING and aerial plays. No idea what has to be done in attack...it's always flowed from us easily.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 11 May, 2013 10:32 am

The Marshall kick for touch was the obvious one - but the fact that both wingers and fullback looked suspect when put under pressure from every high ball is a concern.
Marshall's effort overall was bewildering - HE should have been the turning point to get us back INTO the game but completely disappeared from view.
He didn't even go looking for the ball .
After his admission mid week that he needed to find some form he seemed to deliberately pull his head in - and that is unlike him in any game where he is always pushing to be the star playmaker.
Biggest turning point in the game may be to his career.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 May, 2013 10:38 am

cktiger wrote:The Marshall kick for touch was the obvious one - but the fact that both wingers and fullback looked suspect when put under pressure from every high ball is a concern.
Marshall's effort overall was bewildering - HE should have been the turning point to get us back INTO the game but completely disappeared from view.
He didn't even go looking for the ball .
After his admission mid week that he needed to find some form he seemed to deliberately pull his head in - and that is unlike him in any game where he is always pushing to be the star playmaker.
Biggest turning point in the game may be to his career.
And you watch CK ,I reckon the Tigers will come out on Thursday and announce Benji's contract extension just to top it all off

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sat 11 May, 2013 10:41 am

The Sharks were all over us, shortly before half-time. That's when we dropped our intensity and our hunger to win. All the other mistakes added to our blow-out, but obviously we had lost that game from the back-end of the first half.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Sat 11 May, 2013 10:47 am

I know this won't go down well and I am going to have another look at the replay this afternoon but my first impression was Robbie played hooker, halfback, 5/8 and kicker all night and shut both Benji and Sirro out of the attacking game. IMO this has been happening all season and is one of the main reasons our attack has become predictable. Whilst I understand Robbie feels the weight of responsibility to try and lift the team out of the slump I can't help but feel if he did less attack and played a more traditional hooker role after 3 forward hit ups and and simply passed the ball quickly to Sirro or Benji with some depth and width our attack would start to flow and our players with good speed and footwork like Tedesco, SImona and Koro would start to gain confidence, put the opposition under presssure and give them something to worry about.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 11 May, 2013 10:52 am

We still had a lot of time to win the game from 24-6 .. We just couldnt and we dont seem to have that left in us anymore . ie to make a comeback after being down.

The razzle dazzle was sometimes too much but it got us out of trouble several times ..

One good one that comes to mind was against the warriors ..

I say cut loose !! This Structure play has everyone in a bigger slump ..

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Mon 13 May, 2013 10:38 pm

Marshalls Non touch finder. This has happened on a couple of games. We should be on the attack 20 out, and next thing you know its tackle 1 on half way. THose simple things are heart breakers. I know my heart dropped and I'm not on the field playing. Also korro's crasy pass.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Mon 13 May, 2013 11:24 pm

Dropped balls from high kicks happen they are fifty/fifty. At least they are attempting to catch the ball.
I would rather they attempted a catch then the Moltzen/Utai method of letting the ball bounce.

Koro attempting to pass the ball rather than take the tackle is a different story.

Spence coming onto the field and getting knocked out.

Half time and Potter whatever he says doesn't work.

And Number 1 by a long way...Marshall not bothering to find touch.