Benjis best game

ImageImageImage
tigermate

Benjis best game

Post by tigermate » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:42 pm

Im not sure why i wasnt even disappointed tonight... was a weird feeling.

If it was Sheens coaching i would be ropable but for some reason i can see that as a team we are going to get better from this...

I thought Benji played his best game tonight and really tried hard to get involved.

At the end of the day we just dont have the cattle to compete.... and that not because of injuries... our squad even with everyone on the park is just not big, fast or strong enough to match the top 5 teams.

Actually if there was one thing i was pissed off about it was seeing Royce Simmons in the coaches box with his head in his hands... he really really really needs to go.

Other than that we cant get any worse.

Drewby

Post by Drewby » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:48 pm

mate, benji made 2 tackles and missed 5.

his jersey can go straight back on the hanger it's so clean.

useless.

fulton, what a legend, love him as a player.

the worst out of them all were sheensy's parting gifts. pettybourne and bodene,

marika could also use that sticky spray stuff.
KAPOW!

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:53 pm

I agree, Drewby, too many people here are easily impressed by one performance, what about his last kick, what was that about??

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:55 pm

i agree bengi went ok give him a bloody good half back and take some pressure off him and he will go a lot better, i don't care who he is sirro is not a half and never will be lock at best.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:00 pm

Benji needs to improve his defense. Well at least he should give it a go.He did look allot better in attack !!!

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:02 pm

So at the back end of his career, he needs to improve his defense??? That's like asking Utai to learn to jump...

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:06 pm

Benji had good defence, by his standards, at the start of the year. Dunno whats happened to him last 3 games.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:12 pm

Benji was clearly our best out their tonight -looked like the only one trying clearly a massive fail by pottering ting our best player on the bench. What will he do next week. As I have said all along no forwards = no chance

hugh1954

Post by hugh1954 » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:17 pm

Yes Benji showed more energy at the line, After 1st 1/2 i was determined to stick it out and suffer with the team. Full team some experience in hard times for the youngsters goes well for the future. Go the Tigers !!!

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:22 pm

Benji is the centre of our attack, outside of Robbie, he is all we have. Sitting him down for 15 minutes is just stupid. Benching Robbie is stupid.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:35 pm

Benji went a little better than last week but it was hardly the shining performance you would expect out of his kick in the pants,but in saying that there were few that can hold their heads up out of that performance probably woods Fulton and teddy by my reckoning the rest were diabolical

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:43 pm

Benji was our best the only one who looked dangerous but as per every week no forwards means no chance

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:45 pm

Paris Cobbs wrote:Benji is the centre of our attack, outside of Robbie, he is all we have. Sitting him down for 15 minutes is just stupid. Benching Robbie is stupid.
Yep, Potter is a terrible coach on his best day. He is soft and easily persuaded.Take Benji and Robbie out of this side and you end up with a team who comes last by 6 wins....Potter has had a crack at both of them but let miserable performances by Blair, Lawrence and others slide....

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 17 May, 2013 11:03 pm

Anyone saying benching him was a bad idea has rocks in their head. The only reason he actually put in and seemed primed was BECAUSE he was benched earlier in the week and he had a reality check.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Fri 17 May, 2013 11:19 pm

Well said Mac. A lot of rubbish being posted tonight. Reality check people. We were always going to get thrashed tonight but I was impressed with the fight in the second half. At one stage I thought they might reach 100.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 17 May, 2013 11:24 pm

Benjis best game I agree, he rememered how to hit the ball running, but why? He had something to prove. Something his step-dad Sheens never put to him. Benji was sound, but Fulton wasnt what cost us the game either. A few troops match fit and you will see people pay for poor performances, unfortunately on many fronts Potters hands have been tied.

900large

Post by 900large » Fri 17 May, 2013 11:38 pm

so tonight was his best game all year?
On that performance Is he worth 20% of the salary cap?
is his attack good enough to overcome his appalling defence, in other words does he create more points than he bleeds?
People get excited about him running the ball again... so what! thats what a half is meant to do. the truth is he has lost his speed, is predictable, easily rattled and relies on the last play trick shots.
I read somewhere the other day that the total missed tackles and line breaks (i guess the 2 go hand in hand) were down 20% on the same time as last year. Defensive patterns are better and more effective (except for us). This means attack has to be structured... Any structure our attack has disappears when Benji panics and tries the miracle ball.
His best is behind him and the game has evolved beyond slight of hand and hail mary passes.
Is he worth 20% of the cap? Is he going to drag us off the bottom? Is he what the future of our club needs to be built around?
I really dont think so, and tonights game did nothing to change my mind.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 17 May, 2013 11:41 pm

With his first touch he nearly set up a try only for Pettybourne to balls it up so well that Murdoch-Masila got jealous and decided to one up him about 40 minutes later.