D-day for Benji Marshall

ImageImageImage
Hitup

Re: D-day for Benji Marshall

Post by Hitup » Fri 24 May, 2013 6:09 pm

Milky wrote:
Hitup wrote:Reported on channel 10, Benji has asked for a 5 year deal worth 800k a season 150k more than his on now. He will be payed about the same as robbie.
We can get 3 big name props with that money...
Yep i agree but they will give him the deal to get some good publicity one has the feeling especially if we win tonight

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Fri 24 May, 2013 6:30 pm

T-REXX wrote:as it is i think the fans are being a little bit of COCKs about his form.. Yes he has been playing poorly by his own admission..

u guys are quick to love him when he is on fire but when he isnt its "piss him off now" attitude...

he has bled Black and Gold for over 8 years.. 18 mths of mixed form doesnt deserve the s*** he is copping

Wake up, He deserves all the bagging he is copping... and then some. He is a nothing player and I hope he does leave. Even in his so called good years he was still the most overrated player in the NRL. I'd love to see the back of him.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 24 May, 2013 6:35 pm

Hitup wrote:Reported on channel 10, Benji has asked for a 5 year deal worth 800k a season 150k more than his on now. He will be payed about the same as robbie.
No player should be signed on a 5-year deal...too much can happen in that timeframe. Once they know that they have a guaranteed job for 5 years many players will just coast on easy street, you probably can't blame them. Offer Benji 2 years max to see if he can recapture his best form, if he and his manager want more than that then seeya later IMO.

As much as Benji has been great for this club on and off the field, his presence has also hindered us many times before too. He has also gotta remember that WT stood firmly by him and wholeheartedly supported him when he was damaged goods (injury-wise) so if he was a man of honour then he wouldn't be holding the club to ransom now. Then again he has probably realized that his value is rapidly diminishing and wants as much cream as he can get before the end of his career.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 24 May, 2013 6:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:I wonder what his team mates are thinking about the Benji Circus right at this time when the clubs at its lowest of lows?
As far as I'm concerned if they don't like they can go elsewhere. Who cares what they think. They need to worry about their performances.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 24 May, 2013 7:07 pm

stevetiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I wonder what his team mates are thinking about the Benji Circus right at this time when the clubs at its lowest of lows?
As far as I'm concerned if they don't like they can go elsewhere. Who cares what they think. They need to worry about their performances.
Yes, they need to worry about their performances, but I reckon theyd think that Benji does as well.
You think they dont hear and read news reports on this?

This is the sort of ''me'' culture thats held us back and we're trying to be rid of imo

Time and a place for everything and I'd say right now isnt the time for contract negs to be the focus of benji

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 24 May, 2013 7:14 pm

innsaneink wrote:You think they dont hear and read news reports on this?
I don't care. They need to focus on performing rather than what is in the paper.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 24 May, 2013 7:25 pm

Haha - dont care

You cant focus 24/7.