Benji man of the match

ImageImageImage
mikey

Re: Benji man of the match

Post by mikey » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:02 pm

innsaneink wrote:
smeghead wrote:I think Potter must have gotten to him after another all or nothing play with a pass to a Raider after making a break on the first tackle and a first half of truly inept kicking.

His second half was good
Thats the whopper I just couldnt recall, knew there was one

Other than that he was pretty controlled and kicked fairly well....most of our kicks were pretty good
We may not see eye to eye often but I love the graphic. :D

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:07 pm

He was better than usual. Still looks rushed and panicked. Needs confidence needs a permanent 7

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:15 pm

Benji was really good out there. When he plays at 7 and controls the game he is great. When he tries to be the runner of the ball that everyone says he should be he is ordinary. His only poor play tonight was when he tried for the big play after he made a bust and didn't have the pace to finish it off.

Great kicking game, great organising, great passing game plus he threatened to make a bust at times. The only problem is Brooks looks like he is a really good 7 as well.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:18 pm

Benji should never, ever be allowed to kick for touch from penalties again.

Every other side makes 25+ metres and takes some workload off the pigs. He either jabs at it like he couldn't care or kicks a hail mary and doesn't find touch

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:22 pm

Was involved early and showed some nice touches, but wasn't the best on park... This game was won on the back of the pigs!

The media love a Good story...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Danoss

Post by Danoss » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:31 pm

I think Boz was a calming influence for him out of dummy half. Iosefa going off was a blessing in disguise.

But good work Benji. Hope he can give us a repeat performance next week.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:31 pm

smeghead wrote:I think Potter must have gotten to him after another all or nothing play with a pass to a Raider after making a break on the first tackle and a first half of truly inept kicking.

His second half was good
x2. I caught myself swearing at the TV like a mad man - again.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:32 pm

Funny it wouldnt matter what Benji did some people still wouldnt be happy, For the record 3pts Benji, 2pts Liam, 1pt Blair. Great Team effort though.

Wildcat777

Post by Wildcat777 » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:36 pm

How did the forwards go tonite??? Were they dominated??? Will they be dominated next week??? What happens when they are dominated??? How many times have they been dominated this year??? Where would you rate our pack compared with the top 5 clubs??? The answers to these questions will also answer most of the other questions on here. Or can't you see this? Well thats ok, the obvious is most cases, we as humans tend to miss. LOL..Find this amusing.....Well done Tigers.....Lets just do our best for 2012!!!
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:39 pm

Benji was great out there. I think he was our best player but everyone put in.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:42 pm

Acting Wests Tigers captain Benji Marshall delivered a couple of big plays as his eventful week ended with a 17-12 NRL win over travel-sick Canberra at Campbelltown Stadium.

Marshall kicked a match-tying sideline conversion and edged the Tigers ahead 13-12 with a 73rd minute field goal on Saturday night.

Winger Tim Simona sealed the Tigers' win two minutes later when he twisted his body and planted the ball over the line for a try.

The Tigers scored three tries to two in a mistake-marred game, which was played in heavy rain in the second half.

It was a seventh loss in eight away games for Canberra this season and thwarted their bid to win three straight for the first time this year.

Over the past week Marshall had come under criticism for missing several tackles in the Tigers' last game, while the latter part of his week was dominated by more headlines about his ongoing contractual negotiations.

Canberra led 6-4 at halftime.

The Tigers were first to strike, with winger David Nofoaluma crossing in the 13th minute after some slick passing.

Elusive fullback Reece Robinson set up both Canberra tries.

He combined with Josh McCrone and Jack Wighton to send Sandor Earl over in the first half.

There was a tinge of controversy about the try Robinson set up for Anthony Milford in the 58th minute.

Tigers centre Blake Ayshford appeared to have grounded Robinson in a legitimate tackle, but the Raiders fullback quickly bounced back up and continued his run.

Marshall and halfback Curtis Sironen set up Joel Reddy for the Tigers' second try.

Marshall landed a tough sideline conversion to again level the score.

Hit by a crippling injury list, the Tigers lost hooker Masada Iosefa in the 33rd minute with a broken forearm.

Tigers centre Chris Lawrence came off the bench and returned to action after being sidelined with a hamstring injury since round seven, but was placed on report for a shoulder charge.

Joel Thompson was also put on report for a shoulder charge on Marshall in the last few minutes.

That was tame compared to the end of the Holden Cup match, which featured an old fashioned all-in brawl.

Mitchell Barnett (Raiders) and Nathan Brown (Tigers) were sent off, Kyle Lovett (Tigers) and Tahakilu Pangai (Raiders) were sin-binned and Brenden Santi (Tigers) was placed on report.

http://www.nrl.com/benji-steers-tigers- ... fault.aspx
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:45 pm

stevetiger wrote: When he plays at 7 and controls the game he is great. When he tries to be the runner of the ball that everyone says he should be he is ordinary.
LOL What the hell are you talking about?
Your first sentence is baffling, your second bordering on the idiodic. Your thoughts are completely arse about. He is no controller of a game. Anyone who plays him at halfback is guilty of sabotage IMO.

That said he was a lot better tonight and I am happy with that. Sirro is playing good footy but is no halfback either. We are still in dire need of one.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:50 pm

Yep Sirro has been delivering in a Jason Smith type role. Its a true dilemma what to do with him.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:59 pm

I dont think he deserved MOM, that said it was good to see him turn off the "every play has to be magic" mindset and play decent enough percentage ball. He was solid tonight, and if he has turned the corner mentally, and understands he doesnt need to be a freakshow every touch, he may well be on track to getting his crap together.

Good on him. We needed a performance like that this week, he didnt have to set the world on fire, he was reliable, and we won off the back of it.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:03 pm

JPPretzel wrote:Most of us, myself included have been very critical of benji this season but he was outstanding tonight, he took on the line, looked dangerous and organised sets brilliantly. His kicking was also terrific, this was BY FAR his best match of the season. Good to see that he has tried to put in practice the things he has addressed in the last few weeks particularly after his awful effort against brisbane - on this note his defence was solid too.

i will also say i am probably the most opposed fan to blair around but i was very happy with his match tonight - his best since joining the club in my opinion, stack of hit ups (major criticism of him) and solid defence along with providing valuable links before the line. Great effort from the boys! :sign:
mate
there is no way in hell benji was man of the match.
might have been one of his better matches, but fulton, blair, sirro, simona, nofa, all better than him.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:14 pm

stryker wrote:
stevetiger wrote: When he plays at 7 and controls the game he is great. When he tries to be the runner of the ball that everyone says he should be he is ordinary.
LOL What the hell are you talking about?
Your first sentence is baffling, your second bordering on the idiodic. Your thoughts are completely arse about. He is no controller of a game. Anyone who plays him at halfback is guilty of sabotage IMO.

That said he was a lot better tonight and I am happy with that. Sirro is playing good footy but is no halfback either. We are still in dire need of one.
Luke brooks will be our answer ,,,he is classes above the 20s comp and when ready will make transition to the top grade with ease ,,, the kids all class , has great vision and is a real halfback.sirro will gomtomthe back row andbhappyndays will be here again

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 2:27 am

smeghead wrote:Benji should never, ever be allowed to kick for touch from penalties again.

Every other side makes 25+ metres and takes some workload off the pigs. He either jabs at it like he couldn't care or kicks a hail mary and doesn't find touch
Not making excuses for him but I believe it's all about going through a couple of ruck plays before an aggressive attempt to make a break. He also not found touch on a couple of occasions so I wouldn't be surprised if he that worried about not doing it again.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 3:19 am

people are harsh on the big name players, given the conditions I thought Marshall kicking in general play and for goal won us the game.
Blair was outstanding and has been consistently good since moving to prop.
Jesse Sue and Buchanan were great and Reddy was near enough to my mom.
good win