What BS......Benji heralds end of an era says Zoe Marshall

ImageImageImage
GNR4LIFE

Re: What BS......Benji heralds end of an era says Zoe Marsha

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 10:00 pm

Flippedy wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:You blokes are kidding yourself if you don't think it is the end of an era.

Listen she had to write something and its not a bad job.....a bit gushing and cringe worthy, but what did you expect her to write?

They are trying to create a narrative that will help protect Benji's rugby league legacy (and post career earning potential) ie. that Benji has been loyal to the Tigers and was dudded.

The reality is that the Tigers were exceedingly generous and no club in rugby league would offer Benji anything like what the Tigers were willing to pay. Benji has had a dummy spit because he didn't get what he wanted from the Tigers....I hope they have their house paid off because I foresee a huge drop in Benji's career earnings when the market gets to decide his value.
Why does she have tl write anything at all? who is she? just another person whose gotten a job due to a personal relationship she has. People like her are shameless.
You have no idea who she is yet you criticise her. You know nothing about her past life or what she has achieved BEFORE meeting Marshall, yet you still criticise her - nice :roll:
Yeah i do. Not sure what the point of the article is tbh, i don't see any other players missus come out and defend him in this manner, not to mention the nauseating reference of the amount of sucking her friend was doing, if such a friend actually said all that....just sayin.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 10:04 pm

What will be a shame is that such insight will be lost in the near future, as I doubt the papers will keep her on as a writer after Bunji leaves.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 7:21 am

What the hell did I just read?
Who gives a f.....

Wow, i'll never get that time back.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 7:25 am

I would be embaresed if my Missus wrote something like that.Thats like stooping to the lowest level of attention seeking and justification as possible. I will say it again and again let your footy do the talking , he can't cause his lost it end of story. Another season would have seen him leave with no dignity at all.Please keep out of the media. You made a decision now get on with it.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 8:26 am

Few things..

I understand there is an attempt to kick start a career here or the Mrs but now is not the time specially if the copy is dribble and can't hide bias.

I and the family le benji but as we have seen in the example of arguably the best sports club on the globe MAN UTD, no player is the embodiment of a club.

Sold. Beckham. Ronaldo.
Theme of my post. let others talk you up.

Ps hate this HTC.

RMS

Post by RMS » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 10:57 am

Are people honestly upset by this? Or suprised? Any wife would defend her husband, especially if one has access to a media outlet. As for whats written - care factor 0%. Doesn't worry me one bit. More concerned with playing two halves of footy. Not one then falling apart in the 2nd.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 11:40 am

A fair read. I don't quite get what all the hot heads are going off for on here. It's a wife's perspective of how she is watching her husband finish his career and a reminder that there is more to football than just talent these days, like marketability, media, living a life different to the rest of us. I didn't see anywhere there where it said her husband was still in great form or anything like that.

I don't understand the hatred. A star was born, played, burned out and now we move on. I remember the good times and the great players of Wests Tigers, and the Wests Magpies and the Balmain Tigers. His name will be amongst the champions of the past.

Can we get over the hate and the tall poppy stuff?
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 11:52 am

Swordy wrote:A fair read. I don't quite get what all the hot heads are going off for on here. It's a wife's perspective of how she is watching her husband finish his career and a reminder that there is more to football than just talent these days, like marketability, media, living a life different to the rest of us. I didn't see anywhere there where it said her husband was still in great form or anything like that.

I don't understand the hatred. A star was born, played, burned out and now we move on. I remember the good times and the great players of Wests Tigers, and the Wests Magpies and the Balmain Tigers. His name will be amongst the champions of the past.

X2, it's all over now people need to calm down.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 7:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:You blokes are kidding yourself if you don't think it is the end of an era.

Listen she had to write something and its not a bad job.....a bit gushing and cringe worthy, but what did you expect her to write?

They are trying to create a narrative that will help protect Benji's rugby league legacy (and post career earning potential) ie. that Benji has been loyal to the Tigers and was dudded.

The reality is that the Tigers were exceedingly generous and no club in rugby league would offer Benji anything like what the Tigers were willing to pay. Benji has had a dummy spit because he didn't get what he wanted from the Tigers....I hope they have their house paid off because I foresee a huge drop in Benji's career earnings when the market gets to decide his value.
Why does she have tl write anything at all? who is she? just another person whose gotten a job due to a personal relationship she has. People like her are shameless.
You have no idea who she is yet you criticise her. You know nothing about her past life or what she has achieved BEFORE meeting Marshall, yet you still criticise her - nice :roll:
Yeah i do. Not sure what the point of the article is tbh, i don't see any other players missus come out and defend him in this manner, not to mention the nauseating reference of the amount of sucking her friend was doing, if such a friend actually said all that....just sayin.
Fair enough mate, but I think Swordy's perspective above is the best way to look at it. She may not be the best writer in the world (or maybe it's the editing), but she's just expressing how she feels about her husband's decision to leave the Tigers and rugby league. And for the record, she had a media job before she met Benji - it was the path she had already taken - just sayin ;)
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 9:32 pm

Zoe Marshall is entitled to her opinion, and so are we.

"It's Friday night, I'm sick as a dog and snuggled on the couch"
got me wondering, bali belly or maybe pregnancy?
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Tue 23 Jul, 2013 4:36 pm

russelldp wrote:
galea#11 wrote: How long has he been with this girl ? His football has really dropped off last couple of yrs ?

Oh, please dont go there???!!!! :pray:

HaHa, just thinking the same thing.

Hope nobody is getting married in the off season

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Wed 24 Jul, 2013 9:19 am

Tigermac wrote:
russelldp wrote:
galea#11 wrote: How long has he been with this girl ? His football has really dropped off last couple of yrs ?

Oh, please dont go there???!!!! :pray:

HaHa, just thinking the same thing.

Hope nobody is getting married in the off season
Most of the best players in the game are married with kids, so I don't get your point :roll:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

barra

Post by barra » Wed 24 Jul, 2013 9:32 am

Swordy wrote:A fair read. I don't quite get what all the hot heads are going off for on here. It's a wife's perspective of how she is watching her husband finish his career and a reminder that there is more to football than just talent these days, like marketability, media, living a life different to the rest of us. I didn't see anywhere there where it said her husband was still in great form or anything like that.

Very true.

And it will be the end of an era - get used to hearing the term!

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Thu 25 Jul, 2013 1:40 pm

Move from the Inner West to Cremorne. No good can ever come of that