Refs

ImageImageImage
Winnipeg

Refs

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 5:52 pm

Not that it matters, we were awful ourselves, but jeez did the refs have it in for us or what.

5 nil penalties in the first half, at least two of them were complete crap

Anyway doesn't matter too much, we've got bigger problems

VX225

Post by VX225 » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 5:54 pm

Yep agree on both points.

Blokes in pink we disgraceful, but the blokes in orange were far worse.

taco tiger

Post by taco tiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:23 pm

5-0 in the first half was totally unfair.. it seemed that many of the penalties were manufactured to get the Titans out of their half... maybe the nrl are simply gunning for a qld team to be in the finals.. whatever it was it killed our stamina for the rest of the game..

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:26 pm

say what, we always get hard done by the refs. There are only a FEW refs that are fair ons us.
Tony Archer used to be one.

But having said that, i have heard it plenty of times, we should never rely on Refs to win us the game.
We should settle our own wins regardless of which team there are playing for on the day

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:28 pm

We wouldn't of won regardless but they were bad. There 10 was more like 13/15 as well shocking

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:44 pm

Terrible display by Badger today.....his bluff being called by Bird when he asked why he was put on report showed the ineptness of them.
He clearly didnt know....just put it on report, pass the buck, cover my own arse

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:53 pm

I normally leave the ref whinging to the Dragon supporters, but today was beyond disgraceful!

What do we need to do to cut a break?

Injuries, bad refs, club turmoil, under performing players, the list goes on...........the black cloud over head just keeps gaining momentum!
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

Phoenixtigers18

Post by Phoenixtigers18 » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 10:03 pm

The refs find it easy to penalise teams running low on the table, not just the case for the tigers but for as long as I can remember. That's why teams like the storm etc always seem to get the 50/50 calls. It's a very frustrating thing especially when your team is running 15th!!!

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 10:10 pm

Phoenixtigers18 wrote:The refs find it easy to penalise teams running low on the table, not just the case for the tigers but for as long as I can remember. That's why teams like the storm etc always seem to get the 50/50 calls. It's a very frustrating thing especially when your team is running 15th!!!
That is definitely part of it. Throw in the home town advantage and that gives you a good idea how the penalties are going to go. You know it and I know it; why is it that the people who are paid to know and do it dont seem to?

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 10:56 pm

Going backwards this year, they are worse than ever, you never know what you are going to get in the ruck these days.

The penalty against Tedesco was ridiculous.
He was directly in front of the guy playing the ball and got penalised for not being square.
His stomach was in line with the guys head, how much more square do you have to be.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 05 Aug, 2013 1:16 am

PYMBLEPETE wrote:
Phoenixtigers18 wrote:The refs find it easy to penalise teams running low on the table, not just the case for the tigers but for as long as I can remember. That's why teams like the storm etc always seem to get the 50/50 calls. It's a very frustrating thing especially when your team is running 15th!!!
That is definitely part of it. Throw in the home town advantage and that gives you a good idea how the penalties are going to go. You know it and I know it; why is it that the people who are paid to know and do it dont seem to?
Yeah this definitely makes sense... We're not finals bound so might as well give the home team a bit of a boost, nobody will complain too hard if the Tigers get shafted

I'm guessing we are still the most penalised team this year and (trying to be objective about this) it's probably easier to penalise us because of that too

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 05 Aug, 2013 11:21 am

Refs missed a lot of GC forward passes in the first half, Falloon knocked on before their second try, missed the knock-forward from Gordon where the Titans players stood around to avoid off-side but when the Tigers picked it up he called 5th.

That being said, it's hard to miss forward passes from us (to even it up) when we didn't even have the ball.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Mon 05 Aug, 2013 6:21 pm

I've mbeen one of the conspiracy theorists for a long time now. It's true that it will be a marketing disaster if there is no Qld team in the play offs, so watch for 50/50 calls to go the way of the Broncos, Coast and Cows in the run up to thie play offs.

The wider problem is that the refs control the tempo of the game and possession thru penalties. Many tries come from penalties and possession almost always goes with the winning team. We ended up with 42% of the possession - no one with 42% ever wins.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.