Turning point

ImageImageImage
User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Re: Turning point

Post by stryker » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 1:43 am

mtd wrote:
happy tiger wrote:2011 was our turning point
benjis kick out on the full v dragons in the qualifying final...
Yep all his fault MTD....change the bloody record will ya?


User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 3:31 am

Fraze23 wrote:Makes me wonder if Potter actually wants to keep his job sometimes. Anasta at halfback, Marshall captain, Iosefa on the bench. Can't blame him for the season, but gees he's made some s*** decisions along the way. It gets harder to defend the bloke each week.
you must be get sun burnt quickly.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 3:35 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:Makes me wonder if Potter actually wants to keep his job sometimes. Anasta at halfback, Marshall captain, Iosefa on the bench. Can't blame him for the season, but gees he's made some s*** decisions along the way. It gets harder to defend the bloke each week.
you must be get sun burnt quickly.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
scrap the be - not grammatically accurate. Don't ask me how it got there. Its yet another mystery in my life.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
2041
Member
Member
Posts: 1079
Joined: Fri 14 Jan, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by 2041 » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 8:24 am

The turning point was signing Blair, surely?

Chadman's Ghost
Member
Member
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 8:27 am

Turning point was halftime- the Roosters stopped trying to play 'pretty' & just decided to run AT the Tigers.

Once they did that, the Tigers got shown up as unable to handle the physical nature of the Roosters pack. The turning point had nothing to do with the Tigers.


Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 8:53 am

With reference to last night's match the turning point in my opinion was Benji missing touch after Roosters gave a penalty away in possession in Wests 20m. 10 minutes left and Wests had done well to hold on to that point and if he found touch, they could have gone into half time even or perhaps even in front - a great confidence boost.

Missed touch, led to 3 more handling errors in the 30m area and Roosters scored.

You just knew if Roosters scored first in the second half the wheels would fall off.

Agree with the sentiment of why Iosefa was picked. I was bemused as I thought the young hooker plays well and provides sound direction and structure.

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3396
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 9:09 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:With reference to last night's match the turning point in my opinion was Benji missing touch after Roosters gave a penalty away in possession in Wests 20m. 10 minutes left and Wests had done well to hold on to that point and if he found touch, they could have gone into half time even or perhaps even in front - a great confidence boost.

Agreed,I cant believe no one else has mentioned it.

We were hanging in there,and that mistake knocked the stuffing out of us AGAIN.

Rookie mistake AGAIN.......

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 9:11 am

The worst part about the missed touch finder is that Anasta had been charged with kicking, he was doing well. But Benji has to go away from instruction and try the glory kick
Image

User avatar
piquet339
Member
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed 03 Oct, 2012 12:43 pm

Post by piquet339 » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 9:15 am

Who in first grade fails to find touch these days? I've hardly seen it this season, but I can distinctly remember Benji doing it at least 3 times this year and I haven't even seen every game in full...
"Everyone is a genius at least once a year; a real genius has his original ideas closer together."
- Georg Lichtenberg (1742-1799)

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 9:22 am

smeghead wrote:and try the glory kick
...into the wind.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 9:26 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
smeghead wrote:and try the glory kick
...into the wind.
Yup. That is the crap that makes up the great percentage of his legacy.
Image

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3396
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 9:44 am

I cant believe I feel this way about Bunji......I dead set feel dirty baggin one of our best but wow he is just plain awful and I cant wait for him to go.

Cant believe I feel like this.......

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40515
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 9:50 am

simonthetiger wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:With reference to last night's match the turning point in my opinion was Benji missing touch after Roosters gave a penalty away in possession in Wests 20m. 10 minutes left and Wests had done well to hold on to that point and if he found touch, they could have gone into half time even or perhaps even in front - a great confidence boost.

Agreed,I cant believe no one else has mentioned it.

We were hanging in there,and that mistake knocked the stuffing out of us AGAIN.

Rookie mistake AGAIN.......
I realize he doesn't do this all the time , but have you noticed that Benji at least one or twice a match when taking penalty kicks actually kicks for the sideline that is farther away

I know sometimes you may want to set for a particular move ,but with his issues with not finding touch you think " just get the basics right please "

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 9:56 am

simonthetiger wrote:I cant believe I feel this way about Bunji......I dead set feel dirty baggin one of our best but wow he is just plain awful and I cant wait for him to go.

Cant believe I feel like this.......
Feel the same mate , what's happened .

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3396
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 10:12 am

Snake wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:I cant believe I feel this way about Bunji......I dead set feel dirty baggin one of our best but wow he is just plain awful and I cant wait for him to go.

Cant believe I feel like this.......
Feel the same mate , what's happened .

As a supporter,this has been the lowest year for me in an eternity.

04 was bad...but this just keeps getting worse,hit after hit.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 10:14 am

It is the only time since the Lamb years I have been embarrassed by WT.

Players dogging it is the lowest act on a field
Image

Post Reply