Fox-2013... Tigers vs NZ

phil1986

Fox-2013... Tigers vs NZ

Post by phil1986 » Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:40 pm

I'm just watching the fox game of tigers vs warriors on fox. I taped it last night. It was round 19.

It's only 5 mins in, and there is two things that really stand out that are easy to forget, being so long since we saw footy.

1- benji has thrown a past to no body (hit the ground) in our first set, then missed two tackles, then he put a kick in from about our 40, it went 15 mtrs.( great start)

2- sue, runs and tackles so hard and gets through so much work. Really cleans up the middle of the park.

I'm hoping that without benji making those sill errors that put us under pressure all the time, we will be a far more effective unit.

Also with the size sue has put on I would love to see how much harder he hits and runs.

Just thought I would share these observations, did anyone else watch it?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:46 pm

Yeh i was flicking over to this beteeen the cricket....benjis last LO game. We were in the game until late..benji was pretty bad

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:54 pm

Saw it too

Benji let SJohnson amble in under the posts for their first try. Couldn't help but think back to his enthusiasm in saving that try in the 2005 Broncos semi and how far his enthusiasm had fallen by the end of last year.

He also did a trademark out on the full kick, and then his last touch at Leichhardt Oval was a knock on. After which he just stood there stony faced. Bit sad really.

The positives, Teddy looked like a proper fullback, Simona's try, Woods toiled on with not much support.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Thu 13 Feb, 2014 3:01 pm

I watched the final 20 on my break at work last night. Benji was awful, he hardly hit the mark with any of his passes.
Sue and BMM were obvious stand outs. Seumanafagai stood out too, he really ran the ball back hard.

2014 will be completely different from that rabble. Last year was the remnants of Tim Sheens' team. His plans, his players, his coaching staff. From what I've seen of Potter in interviews and from what the players have said in the media he seems a lot more relaxed and it seems as though this is his team. Combine that with the influence of David Kidwell working with our defence and the addition of sensible recruitment to compliment our own juniors and I think season 2014 is looking a lot brighter than what others will tell you it is.

Juro

Post by Juro » Thu 13 Feb, 2014 4:52 pm

Was that the game where Benji threw the forward pass to Ayshford and the commentators blamed Ayshford for it?
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Tigger8

Post by Tigger8 » Thu 13 Feb, 2014 5:53 pm

Its strange... But in the first half (while we were actually in with a chance) Adam Blair looked great! Hard running, lots of tackles and quick play the balls, one which led to Chris Lawrence's try!

Let's hope we see more and more of this in 2014!
Anasta for PM.