Rd 1 AFTERMATH thread

laufoofan

Re: Rd 1 AFTERMATH thread

Post by laufoofan » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 9:05 pm

The players looked tired. Farah has a shocker and Brooks looked lost out there. Tesdesco, Fulton and Gavet gave it a gol. Richards looked okay out there today, Koro did not impress. What can Potter do? Lawrence is way too slow. If the first game is anythging to go by, there is not much hope for the rest of the year.

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 9:49 pm

Newtown wrote:
Tigersman wrote:
Black Orange White wrote:
Tigersman wrote: :roll I am 15 and I know more about footy then you do lol!
If you think that performance was good or this team is good then you are vastly overrating your knowledge.
Ofcourse today's performance wasn't good and Ofcourse our team Isn't that great but Remember this season is a RE-BUILDING SEASON.
What was last season and the season before? A proper re-building will require replacing the common denominator (Mick Potter) who hasn't shown any ability in coaching and replacing him with Fletcher. A proper re-building would entail wisely spending the money from Benji's exit on proper players. Unfortunately this didn't happened - why? Is it because Wests Tigers are financially down the drain and the supporters aren't being told? Forget about the players we are stuck with for this year and ask Mayer what is the True situation with Wests Tigers finances. The club cannot justify battlers and their families paying what to them is big money from their budget to watch a shambles of a team.
what are u talking about we bought right
we got young guys with upside thats what u do when u rebuild guys like tapau and austin have plenty of that and we re-signed the youth with good potential
now the time where u try and develop that potential by working with the players one on one and develop there skills to try and make them better and whos better to learn off than kidwell who did well at the storm

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 10:08 pm

Putting the trail games into perspective, The Dragons were hammered by the media and their fans for a lacklustre performance in the trials, we on the other hand were pumped because we played well, and there were great signs for the team. So I am not sure if we simply went in there today expecting a trials type game and once we got to a 12 Nil lead, thought the Dragons would simply fold. I suppose that was when our game plan went out the door?

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 11:31 pm

the third wrote:a 15yr old as as valid opinion as the rest. Typical of wests tigers fans we turn on each other instead if entering a siege mentality.

Late points equals fitness issues. 65 mins in on the replay and we are huffing. Stains aren't even sweating..

No established playmaker (5/8) kills is as farah is competitive and overplays his hand.

Teddy, Richards, taupou looked good. Lawrence is going ok, Patterson will be great offloading to teddy soon. Tough year ahead, but at least support the team

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
you wanna know why?

we put up 320 tackles, they did 260. the penalty count was 11-6. THATS why we were tired in the 28C weather.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 11:40 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
the third wrote:a 15yr old as as valid opinion as the rest. Typical of wests tigers fans we turn on each other instead if entering a siege mentality.

Late points equals fitness issues. 65 mins in on the replay and we are huffing. Stains aren't even sweating..

No established playmaker (5/8) kills is as farah is competitive and overplays his hand.

Teddy, Richards, taupou looked good. Lawrence is going ok, Patterson will be great offloading to teddy soon. Tough year ahead, but at least support the team

you wanna know why?

we put up 320 tackles, they did 260. the penalty count was 11-6. THATS why we were tired in the 28C weather.
We got destroyed in the ruck ,we gave away silly penalties that Potter commented on after both trials

We weren't brave , we were lucky to stay in the game as long as we did

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 12:03 am

happy tiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

you wanna know why?

We got destroyed in the ruck ,we gave away silly penalties that Potter commented on after both trials

We weren't brave , we were lucky to stay in the game as long as we did
didn't i say exactly that? and what do you mean, 'brave'? dont think anyone said we were brave.

not too sure about the ruck, i had crappy seats and didnt really look at that closely when i watched the delayed broadcast on the train home on my tablet.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 12:09 am

possibly the boils thing led to a couple of players being underdone as well.

TJL

Post by TJL » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 4:42 am

If we get done by less than 50 I will be surprised

vlad

Post by vlad » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:23 am

according to nrlstats

overall we missed 43 tackles to Saints 18

worst defenders were

Brooks ineffective 1 missed 9 ( the new benji ?)
Thompson ineffective 4 missed 5
Gavet ineffective 2 missed 6

LCA

Post by LCA » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 6:23 am

Tigersman wrote:This forum needs an after the game thread.
90% of you will be calling us spooners but last week you guys where saying we where a chance of making the 8 what happened what? 1 game with out 5 of our best players (Nofo,Sirro,Simona,Galloway,Halatau) and we bring out the pitch forks? :crazy
Sorry mate, it's the teacher in me, but I have to correct your spelling. If you're (notice that one....shortened form of "you are") only 15yo then you need get the spelling correct for your (notice that one...i.e. belonging to you) future at school. Not that you made that mistake but most on here do. Yours should have read ".,, last week you guys WERE saying we WERE a chance.."

I am not being insulting as, at least at your age, there's still time to learn. Some of the "more mature" folk on here have no excuse.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 9:42 am

Take away the 2 tries that we were more than lucky to be awarded and its a real flogging isn't it.