Blake Austin
66%
Braith Anasta
34%

Total votes: 32

pHyR3

Re: Anasta/Austin? Who do you think should be our 5/8 on sun

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 1:05 am

anasta at 11 is an abysmal decision, and after last year's experiments there i'd be extremely surprised to see that from potter. He's usually a straight shooter and i tend to agree with almost all his decision. This will be no different. 6. Anasta, 7. Brooks this week. We can examine that further before South sydney.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 2:13 am

TJL wrote:Anasta should have retired two years ago.
Could not agree more. Waste is past it and will hinder our sides development. At least Austin will have a go, so Austin is my choice, pity it did not happen last week.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 2:26 am

alexaki wrote:Settle down Anasta is playing 6 this weekend...

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
I hope he isn't. Braith offers nothing, I can't recall him having one good game for us. I can only hope that he is not in the squad and Austin plays 6.

Austin will run too the line and take on the opposition something Braith hasn't done for 3 years. The Roosters became a lot better when he left and we will be better without him on the 17.

If we still had Gareth Ellis I would play Moses at 6 and get Ellis to defend next to him and Fulton next to Brooks. I have watched these two halves play together they have a great understanding, they are our future.

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 7:13 am

Since joining the club for the start of last season, the tigers have won only one single game when Anasta plays in the halves. That was the game vs the dragons last year when brooks debuted.

The wins against Melbourne, the Cowboys, Penrith and Canberra all came with Siro wearing the number 6 jersey. The only other two wins came with a Marshall/ Miller halves combination.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 8:24 am

Give Austin a go from the bench and push Anasta into the forwards on the rotation. Experiment at least. If Austin did work out there is no place for Anasta on the team.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 8:31 am

I don't want to see Anasta in the forwards ever again. He was a poor buy even though nowhere near as bad as Blair however I think if he plays 6, defends well and does some good things that is enough for the moment.

Our forwards need to be dominant and we have very few workers or impact players and Braith is neither of these things.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:31 am

I actually dont wish to see Bwaithe anywhere near first grade again tbh.
Initially I thought he may have lost some spark in attack,but hoped he'd provide a kicking game,solid defense & leadership.
Sadly none of these has been forthcoming,& as he's already got one foot in the retirement lounge my advice to Potter is unless he performs the above functions over the next fortnite,permanently consign him to State cup or he'll take you with him Mick.
He's been terrible in a word.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:54 am

Austin should be in the 6. Just a matter of time now IMO.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 1:47 pm

willow wrote:Austin should be in the 6. Just a matter of time now IMO.
Yep once brooks has his feet, Austin will be there. I just fear that means Anasta goes to the forwards which is abysmal. Horrible, but I hope Anasta is sidelined with an injury ... but he is bloody durable

2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 2:34 pm

well so much for all the consipiracy theories of austin on the bench, or anasta in the forwards.

lineup is as stated, taupau drop to the bench and big red starts. Cory paterson starts with fulton out.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."