To all the people...

tigsta

Re: To all the people...

Post by tigsta » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 5:23 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:Who gave me crap when I said our squad is ordinary, especially defensively, and anyone who thinks we have aspirations of a finals spot is beyond optimistic, I hope you enjoyed the match today...

Worst attack in the comp tore us to shreds :?
I only just seen this. Unbelievable,,, Paying out on the tigers for struggling to defend with 4 players injured on the sideline.

Now we came back and beat another competition heavyweight in manly.

And dont tell me they were crap,, So were Titans , So were Souths,....

Im very confident of a finals spot this year. The only thing that will hurt us again is injuries. But they have proven you and others wrong that when they are full strength they can beat any side.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 5:30 pm

Why have we gotta put up with idiots constantly telling everyone else ''i told you so''. Theres never an ending to these threads, when the OP gets proven wrong people rub it in, then a week later when we're ordinary again the OP comes back to return serve. Just enjoy it ffs.

tigsta

Post by tigsta » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 5:45 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Why have we gotta put up with idiots constantly telling everyone else ''i told you so''. Theres never an ending to these threads, when the OP gets proven wrong people rub it in, then a week later when we're ordinary again the OP comes back to return serve. Just enjoy it ffs.
So we have a bad loss away from home with about 4 injured players sidelined and we are crap. And then bag them.

It's not ok to pull people up on that.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 5:56 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Why have we gotta put up with idiots constantly telling everyone else ''i told you so''. Theres never an ending to these threads, when the OP gets proven wrong people rub it in, then a week later when we're ordinary again the OP comes back to return serve. Just enjoy it ffs.
im a bit sick of all the negativity every time we've lost for the last 2 months. Ever since NRL 9s, theres a few people predicting bottom 4 finishes, hating on mayer and potter etc. etc.

Not to mention the media, so it's nice to see our boys do us proud and prove everyone who doubted them and ridiculed them wrong.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 6:01 pm

yep, to be honest, jamming it home that we are fans and positive is a good thing. Any muppet who throws in the towel first game should be constantly reminded how fickle they are.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 08 Apr, 2014 12:49 pm

That first game was a pretty good game actually. Yeah we lost the second half badly - and the game, but overall, wasn't as bad as some would have us believe. Only two poor halves this year, I'll take those figures for the rest of the year quite happily.

palms

Post by palms » Tue 08 Apr, 2014 2:16 pm

When was the last time an NRL team went through a season undefeated? Losses are going to happen is inevitable. Teams are going to play poor some weeks. Hey over it.
Analyse the game for what it is, that's the enjoyment of being a fan. Not throwing in the towel over a loss but enjoy the challenge of seeing where we can improve. The whole point of following a team is the anticipation that next week we can do better. If a club was prefect there would be no point having a competition.
The Tigers are playing a much better then last season so just enjoy the entertainment and effort they are giving us

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Tue 08 Apr, 2014 2:30 pm

I can't remember the last time a team went through the season undefeated (might be St. George?) but I remember a team who went through the season without winning a game....Eastern Suburbs 1966. That was the year of my first tour of Vietnam....easy to remember. Wests Tigers Forever.... :sign:

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Tue 08 Apr, 2014 2:50 pm

I think you are right, The Roosters never won a game, They might of had a draw with the mighty Blue Bags @ Henson Park. A lot harder for Teams to go unbeaten now.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 8:07 pm

tigsta wrote:
Zaibatsu wrote:Who gave me crap when I said our squad is ordinary, especially defensively, and anyone who thinks we have aspirations of a finals spot is beyond optimistic, I hope you enjoyed the match today...

I only just seen this. Unbelievable,,, Paying out on the tigers for struggling to defend with 4 players injured on the sideline.

Im very confident of a finals spot this year. The only thing that will hurt us again is injuries. But they have proven you and others wrong that when they are full strength they can beat any side.
Perhaps you should check the dates... This was round one, we did NOT have 4 players injured on the sideline in round 1, you are referring to the Warriors loss.

I explained my reasons for posting what I said, it wasn't to straight up bag the club that I love and have supported my entire life, it was frustration at the attitude they showed that game and they deserved to cop a pasting for the way they played in that match, the players even admitted that themselves on twitter...

I couldn't be happier with the attitude we showed against Souths and Manly though, if they turn up like that every week I don't care whether we win or lose, as I fan all you ask is for the players to show the same pride in the jersey of the club that you love as you do, that's all...

If you for one single second believe that the attitude in defense we had against the Dragons in round 1 was acceptable, then you must not care a single bit about this club, it was beyond un-acceptable, it was embarressing.

To the players credit, they owned that performance and they bounced back, if anything the way we lost that game hurt some ego's and dinted some pride and was a catalyst for our revival, which I am proud of them for.

:sign:

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 7:51 pm

where did you once say it was our attitude here

you were throwing it in peoples faces, that our squad was ordinary, that you were right and we were all wrong...

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 7:52 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:
tigsta wrote:

Perhaps you should check the dates... This was round one, we did NOT have 4 players injured on the sideline in round 1, you are referring to the Warriors loss.

I explained my reasons for posting what I said, it wasn't to straight up bag the club that I love and have supported my entire life, it was frustration at the attitude they showed that game and they deserved to cop a pasting for the way they played in that match, the players even admitted that themselves on twitter...

I couldn't be happier with the attitude we showed against Souths and Manly though, if they turn up like that every week I don't care whether we win or lose, as I fan all you ask is for the players to show the same pride in the jersey of the club that you love as you do, that's all...

If you for one single second believe that the attitude in defense we had against the Dragons in round 1 was acceptable, then you must not care a single bit about this club, it was beyond un-acceptable, it was embarressing.

To the players credit, they owned that performance and they bounced back, if anything the way we lost that game hurt some ego's and dinted some pride and was a catalyst for our revival, which I am proud of them for.

players missing in round 1:

1. Galloway
2. Nofoalomu
3. Halatau
4. Simona
5. Sironen
6. Moltzen

it was more than 4...

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 4:16 pm

mtd wrote:

you were throwing it in peoples faces, that our squad was ordinary, that you were right and we were all wrong...
Er, I mentioned it was our attitude several times, across several different threads on that day... I can go back and quote them if you like?

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 4:19 pm

mtd wrote:
Zaibatsu wrote:
tigsta wrote:

players missing in round 1:

1. Galloway
2. Nofoalomu
3. Halatau
4. Simona
5. Sironen
6. Moltzen

it was more than 4...
When he said "Paying out on the tigers for struggling to defend with 4 players injured on the sideline.", I assumed he meant injured on the sideline during that game, which is why it would have made them struggle in defense with no bench remaining, which is what happened against the Warriors, NOT the Dragons.

I think you have misinterpreted him.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 7:41 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:
mtd wrote:

Er, I mentioned it was our attitude several times, across several different threads on that day... I can go back and quote them if you like?
this thread was kicking the boot into us fans because you were 'right'. just admit you were wrong.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:10 pm

mtd wrote:
Zaibatsu wrote:
mtd wrote:

this thread was kicking the boot into us fans because you were 'right'. just admit you were wrong.
Yeah mate I have no problem admitting I was wrong in some of what I said.

But I object to thread being designed simply to drive the boot into our fans, I love this club, supported them (and Balmain) since I was 4years old, I don't make a habit of bagging them, this thread simply spawned out of frustration and anger at the attitude we put on the field in Round 1.

Sometimes when you are very passionate about something, you say things you don't entirely mean when things aren't going well, but it's not something I think I've ever done before, look at my posts over the off-season and last season, I've done nothing but praise our young blokes, especially Teddy and Brooks, so yeah, I know they have the talent.

I'm incredibly proud of how our team has turned it around since then, even in our loss to the Warriors I thought we tried our guts out, and as a fan that's all I care about, that our blokes run on the field and give it everything they have.

Even if we get belted by 40, if I can see the effort was there, I'm ok with it, not pleased with the result obviously, but I know the lads put in for the team I love.

Round 1 however was the complete opposite of the rest of our season, it was terrible and there was no heart in it from our guys, which made me angry and end up posting regrettable things... But if you think what I said was bad, mate I bet it wasn't 1/10th as bad as what Micky Potter would have said to them off camera.

The players knew round 1 wasn't acceptable, they stood up, proved some people wrong, and I couldn't be prouder of the efforts they've put in since then.

We are all Tigers supporters here and want the best for our club, keep that in mind.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:12 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:
mtd wrote:
Zaibatsu wrote:
mtd wrote: where did you once say it was our attitude here

Yeah mate I have no problem admitting I was wrong in some of what I said.

But I object to thread being designed simply to drive the boot into our fans, I love this club, supported them (and Balmain) since I was 4years old, I don't make a habit of bagging them, this thread simply spawned out of frustration and anger at the attitude we put on the field in Round 1.

Sometimes when you are very passionate about something, you say things you don't entirely mean when things aren't going well, but it's not something I think I've ever done before, look at my posts over the off-season and last season, I've done nothing but praise our young blokes, especially Teddy and Brooks, so yeah, I know they have the talent.

I'm incredibly proud of how our team has turned it around since then, even in our loss to the Warriors I thought we tried our guts out, and as a fan that's all I care about, that our blokes run on the field and give it everything they have.

Even if we get belted by 40, if I can see the effort was there, I'm ok with it, not pleased with the result obviously, but I know the lads put in for the team I love.

Round 1 however was the complete opposite of the rest of our season, it was terrible and there was no heart in it from our guys, which made me angry and end up posting regrettable things... But if you think what I said was bad, mate I bet it wasn't 1/10th as bad as what Micky Potter would have said to them off camera.

The players knew round 1 wasn't acceptable, they stood up, proved some people wrong, and I couldn't be prouder of the efforts they've put in since then.

We are all Tigers supporters here and want the best for our club, keep that in mind.
Well said mate. You gave your opinion and thats what we come here for.

Wont be the first time a person got it wrong on this forum.

You have shown who the bigger man is.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:20 pm

Cheers mate.