Blake Austin

foreveratiger

Re: Blake Austin

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 22 Jul, 2014 10:18 pm

Jedi Tiger wrote:Hi All
New to the site, just a quick question
There were rumours we were in the market for krisnan inu for next year, what are everyone's thoughts of him in the centres next year? I dont really rate him that much however he might add to our squad if we can get him at the right price
Cheers
Welcome Jedi Tiger , that has been talked about here not long ago , i think your wish will be granted he will not be coming here .
While we are still paying Lawrence's contract the next 2 years i doubt very much we will be purchasing a centre
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 12:24 am

It's wonderful to finally see Blake been given the 5/8 position. And boy, isn't he good:) Apart from his great football skills, there's something really likeable about this young man.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 6:07 am

Upon reflection and now having watched the game on TV, I think that Sunday afternoon was a breakthrough game for Blake. From my seat in the stands, most of the attacking action he was involved in was either down the other end or side of the field and I did not really appreciate his contribution, particularly as the movement and direction of Moses was catching my attention.

He only made a couple of poor choices which were far outweighed by his usual involvement, along with a deft passing game that was better than I have seen from him and an evolvement I was hoping for as the season progressed.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 7:17 am

I have written several times over the last year or so about Blake Austin. My son worked at Penrith Football club some years ago and has retained some of his contacts. The people at the Panthers, before Gould and his team arrived, rated Blake as their next Freddy Fittler. He had some injury problems, which slowed his progress, for a season.
Once we signed him, I followed his games for Panthers NSW Cup team. He ran the team and they nearly caused an upset and won the NSW Cup. If we let him go, we are crazy.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 7:49 am

He seemed to take a few ''selfish'' options last week which didnt pan out...I guess the weight of possession we had led to that.

That said, we have seen him come on and add spark indiviudally, and it HAS paid off.

So we have to give latitude here.

He is a player that can make something from nothing, glad he's with us.

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 7:54 am

innsaneink wrote:He seemed to take a few ''selfish'' options last week which didnt pan out...I guess the weight of possession we had led to that.

That said, we have seen him come on and add spark indiviudally, and it HAS paid off.

So we have to give latitude here.

He is a player that can make something from nothing, glad he's with us.
Totally agree as that's the way I see it/him, but how dare you not mention he's a 5/8th.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 8:07 am

Milky wrote:Needs to do like what Lyon did and switch to center

1. James Tedesco
2. Pat Richards
3. Tim SImona
4. Blake Austin
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Luke Brooks

If that can stay full strength....my gosh.
Mate, Lyon debuted at Centre and has always been a centre. He debuted for Australia at centre in his rookie year. He had a short stint at 5/8 with Manly for a year or so. Can't compare Austin to Lyon in this regard.

Telescope would cover centre better than Austin.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 8:08 am

LOL auto text

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 8:28 am

I worked with a close family friend of his and based on discussions with him, it sounds like he really has it together. Does a lot of work with Doonside juniors as well as coaching one of the sides. Sounds like a really genuine kind of bloke, not to mention a skilful player. We are nuts if we let him go, every game he has had a decent opportunity he has created something for us, even if it hasn't paid dividends with points he still gives the opposition something to think about as a credible threat with the pill.

Living in Penriff, most of my mates are Pamfers fans and the majority of them were spewing he was let go.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 8:52 am

His a very good player and it showed this week what he can do and will only get better hopefully we can re sign him long term. What a great spine we have now go u tigers.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 9:06 am

innsaneink wrote:LOL auto text
Telescope can be his new nickname!

barra

Post by barra » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 10:01 am

I was excited that he was coming because he certainly has ability, so it frustrated me to see Anasta at #6 every week.

Austin needs some games back-to-back in his preferred position to properly find his role within the team. We've seen glimpses of what he can do but he needs to better refine his #6 role.

I like the way he straightens the attack, and I like the way he takes the line on as he is a running #6 as much as a play-maker. He breaks the line pretty much every game he plays and carries the ball in two hands so that will always keep the defence in two minds.

Please keep him. Wherever he plays for us he has brought enthusiasm and commitment.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:00 am

Blake is a really good addition to the team.

Attack and defense are both very solid and I love his hunger for success

Really happy he is in our team

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 12:36 pm

I hope we find a place for him that he's happy with. He's a real asset.
"Quality Stupidity"

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 3:07 pm

He always plays whats in front of him and keeps the defensive line guessing, great step,good passing game,good short kicking game and good vision. Thats what you want in a no6

Nors05

Post by Nors05 » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 9:22 pm

It really comes down to a choice:

A:
1. Teddy
3. Austin
6. Moses

B:
1. Moses
3. Teddy
6. Austin

To be honest, I would rather 1 player play out of their favourite position than two.

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:46 pm

I hope we've rolled enough heads down the stairs for the injury gods.
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Thu 24 Jul, 2014 1:44 am

i get the sense a lot of people are projecting to next year and that with teddy, moses and brooks that austin wont have a role.
i dont see why they cant just have them all in the side?! i and a lot of others have suggested centre for austin, and would love to see him at least tried there (when the 1, 6 and 7 are set next year). in any case, even if he doesnt nail down the one position he has shown great versatility (even as backup for farah) and i would hate for him to be squeezed out in the future.