Crowd

EndlessPassion

Crowd

Unread post by EndlessPassion » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 9:25 am

Let's stop this fighting and really focus our anger to where we should be the NRL. They don't care for fans. Why in gods name would you put a game at 7pm at Campbeltown when people are heading home.
I had no chance in making it. I live in the mascot area got home at 6 to pick up my boys how am I supposed to make it to Campbeltown by 7. And I know I'm not in the minority either.
The NRL are a joke of an organisation.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

genoshan

Unread post by genoshan » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 9:34 am

I just hope the club signs Simon up to a contract for some work within the club for a few years more. Decent thing to do, as long as he is capable of doing the job....

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 9:51 am

As much as I want the club to support Simon, realistically what position can he fulfil in the club? He can't use his arms so he can't really do much office admin type work, nor physio/fitness.

We already have a tiny budget for staff and can't really afford to employ someone who can't actually perform the duties the role entails. Perhaps we could get some voice recognition software so he can talk to the computer rather than type?

Junior coaching perhaps?

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 10:09 am

Balmain Boy wrote:As much as I want the club to support Simon, realistically what position can he fulfil in the club? He can't use his arms so he can't really do much office admin type work, nor physio/fitness.

We already have a tiny budget for staff and can't really afford to employ someone who can't actually perform the duties the role entails. Perhaps we could get some voice recognition software so he can talk to the computer rather than type?

Junior coaching perhaps?
where there is a will there is a way....if the club really wants to support him(and in my opinion they should) they will find a role for him for life!...a $60k job and he will be more than happy...whats important to Simon is he has a role to play....in the club

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 10:22 am

Regardless of what the club has done in the last few weeks, they've still dropped the ball as all of this is about 3 yrs too late. They only pulled their finger out after they had the spotlight put on them after what happened to McKinnon. If McKinnon doesn't break his neck, the spotlight doesn't get put on Dwyer the club continues on their merry way. Totally reactionary on the clubs part, and dare i say only done to save face.

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 2:34 pm

You'd have to say it was poorly scheduled.

Unfortunately Monday night at Campbelltown is difficult to those who either work and live outside the area (which of course is most), coupled with a freezing night, unless you were highly motivated to go, there was a number of obstacles to stay away. I know I put it in the too hard basket.

I think Campbelltown is a terrific place to watch footy, has good facilities and good viewing, but for me I must admit I rarely get there, unless it fits nicely into my schedule or I really would like to watch the NYC game.

gallagher
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by gallagher » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 3:56 pm

the third wrote:Yeah the tiny crowds will have so much more atmosphere at ANZ. Can't wait

We're broke and in are debt to the NRL. It needs to change or they will let us go totally broke or re-locate us. How good do you think the atmosphere will be at Cambo for Newtown v Wests in state cup?

tigermaniac

Unread post by tigermaniac » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 4:30 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Regardless of what the club has done in the last few weeks, they've still dropped the ball as all of this is about 3 yrs too late. They only pulled their finger out after they had the spotlight put on them after what happened to McKinnon. If McKinnon doesn't break his neck, the spotlight doesn't get put on Dwyer the club continues on their merry way. Totally reactionary on the clubs part, and dare i say only done to save face.
Disagree. While not to giving they saw out his contract providing a role for him, while the league did nothing. To some it was a nice gesture, and I would have thought insurance would have covered him in some form. What was the club suppose to do, set a precedent for all players, while it may sound unfair, that's up to the NRL. I stated also that the ball got rolling only because of Alex's injury and the NRL have done little. While it has taken many years, it's happened. No way is it saving face, it's a great way to help him. Until Alex got injured I never saw anyone on this forum anyone mention helping out Simons plight.

Peaches

Unread post by Peaches » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 4:42 pm

I was looking to go to the game but after a pretty busy weekend where I got no sleep and a 4:45am wake-up for Tuesday I thought otherwise.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 12:36 pm

With Campbelltown having no more home games this season they finish the year with a crowd average of 9,998 for 2014.

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by jctiger » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 12:46 pm

Peaches wrote:I was looking to go to the game but after a pretty busy weekend where I got no sleep and a 4:45am wake-up for Tuesday I thought otherwise.

I would have keep that excuse to myself Peaches !

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 1:20 pm

I don't begrudge anyone for not showing up. Why should anyone spend their hard earned when this crap is clearly affecting the on-field results.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

gallagher
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by gallagher » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 5:07 pm

Sabre wrote:With Campbelltown having no more home games this season they finish the year with a crowd average of 9,998 for 2014.
Well that venue decison has only cost us at least $300k. Add that money to what Potter is getting and we could be in the market for a decent coach. Oh well, I guess the atmosphere was good.

Jerry Seinfeld

Unread post by Jerry Seinfeld » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 5:38 pm

tigermaniac wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Regardless of what the club has done in the last few weeks, they've still dropped the ball as all of this is about 3 yrs too late. They only pulled their finger out after they had the spotlight put on them after what happened to McKinnon. If McKinnon doesn't break his neck, the spotlight doesn't get put on Dwyer the club continues on their merry way. Totally reactionary on the clubs part, and dare i say only done to save face.
Disagree. While not to giving they saw out his contract providing a role for him, while the league did nothing. To some it was a nice gesture, and I would have thought insurance would have covered him in some form. What was the club suppose to do, set a precedent for all players, while it may sound unfair, that's up to the NRL. I stated also that the ball got rolling only because of Alex's injury and the NRL have done little. While it has taken many years, it's happened. No way is it saving face, it's a great way to help him. Until Alex got injured I never saw anyone on this forum anyone mention helping out Simons plight.

There was plenty said at the time and next few months top help Simon the only problem was Stephen Humphreys was boss then and he couldnt run away from the dwyer thing quick enough.Proven to be a weasel just like his old man Kevin Humphreys.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 6:38 pm

Haha Jerry the ex ''Balmain fan''

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 9:23 pm

Sabre wrote:With Campbelltown having no more home games this season they finish the year with a crowd average of 9,998 for 2014.
Not sure what the answer there is..this 3 venue home ground strategy is not working this year.... one of many disappointing KPI results for 2014

Return to “Round 21: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”