Sharks show more heart...

Tiger_heart

Sharks show more heart...

Post by Tiger_heart » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 8:42 am

I wouldn't mind following a team that tries, even if getting flogged...last night, the Sharks, battered and bruised, stil managed to put a fight in Townsville, rather than capitulating (which on paper they should have done) as easily as our boys have in the last few weeks.

For mine, on and off the field, this season has to go down as the lowest on record.

genoshan

Post by genoshan » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 9:02 am

My Dad, who does not follow WT, was talking to me on the phone. He has said for the last few weeks Robbie Farah looks like he's got a chip on his shoulder and looks nothing like the player was at Origin level earlier in the season.

When your captain looks like he doesn't want to be there, it's hard to expect others to put in. Last week, the only 2 players I would have paid were Blake Austin & Tapau ...

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 10:05 am

I have to agree Tiger heart. I watched the Sharks/Cowboys highlight reel and thought exactly that. Show some self respect and at least show up for the game.
"Quality Stupidity"

everett

Post by everett » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 10:10 am

Could not agree any more with the comments above.

I work with a couple of Sharks fans and they are very happy today.

If they show up again next week WT will be in touble.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Rparto

Post by Rparto » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 10:17 am

100%.

It's nice to hear the Sharks players despite what they've had to go through this year and the past month to come out and talk about playing for pride and for their fans who've stuck by them and then gone on the field and backed it up. It's funny what heart and desire can do when compared to reputation and talent.

The last 6 weeks wouldn't have been as difficult as a fan if our players had some of what Cronulla's players have showed.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 10:34 am

There attitude last night should be a lesson for our boys. They dug deep when the chips were down. Our boys cry and give up.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 10:41 am

We could certainly learn a lot from the Sharks attitude. As could our captain.

At the game last week there was huge difference to Farah's body language compared to earlier in the year. Captains lead by example, don't they?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 11:00 am

The Sharks have 18 players out

We have 8 out , 7 if Simona is back this week .

I wonder who has the worst record since Round 8 ??

I'd reckon it is the Tigers or Titans

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 1:07 pm

Hard to disagree with any of the comments above and let's not forget how well Penrith are travelling with a heap of regular first graders out, also.

I must admit that after the Blues great breakthrough Origin series win, I was expecting Farah and Woods to bring that winning feeling and level of playing back to infect the Tigers team, but it has actually done the opposite. Farah's on field demeanor, in particular, is like that of someone with an Origin hangover!

It must be difficult for both he an Woods to have experienced such great success and team camaraderie and then have to come back to a club ripped apart by constant infighting and play alongside demoralized, uninterested players. A kingdom divided against itself will never stand.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 2:03 pm

Well said Flippedy
"Quality Stupidity"

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 2:12 pm

genoshan wrote:My Dad, who does not follow WT, was talking to me on the phone. He has said for the last few weeks Robbie Farah looks like he's got a chip on his shoulder and looks nothing like the player was at Origin level earlier in the season.

When your captain looks like he doesn't want to be there, it's hard to expect others to put in. Last week, the only 2 players I would have paid were Blake Austin & Tapau ...
Throw in Woods as well. I think Origin has given him a big head. Haven't liked his personality one bit lately.

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 4:46 pm

A kingdom divided against itself will not stand. Someone knows their American history.

yeah Cronulla are playing with heart,we certainly aren't.

we are no chance this weekend unless there is a change in attitude.The sharks will win easily.

LCA

Post by LCA » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 6:49 pm

eyewonder... a change in attitude? Potter's fate is sealed. His contract won't be renewed, I believe. If that's the message the NRL squad have been trying to send to those in control of the joint, well they've done it already.

There's no need to play with the same "attitude" this week. Just as there wasn't last week against Canberra.

If our team shows as little respect for the club and for the fans as they have done over recent weeks against the Sharks, I think we can say with surety that the issue is NOT with Potter's coaching, but with Farah's petulance and power (deluded, I think) or a collective disquiet with Board and CEO.

If anything, if there's a repeat of the efforts of the last 6 weeks again this weekend, then it only strengthens Potter's position to remain as coach. And, it would indicate a much bigger and deeper problem within our club that could take years (or courage) to fix.

I will be there watching with interest

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 6:57 pm

Quote LCA "Farah's petulance and power". After watching the post Sharks Press conference and Farah's and Potters body language I'm beginning to wonder.
"Quality Stupidity"

MAFIA

Post by MAFIA » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 7:13 pm

Sharks will smash us

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Thu 04 Sep, 2014 11:35 pm

Time Farah shows his quality as a leader and not little boy lost on the field.Woods and some of the other forwards need to step up. Agreed with most of the comments here, Tapau and Austin keep on trying and can keep their heads high. Hope the players finished on a high note and at least have some pride in themselves.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sun 07 Sep, 2014 5:47 pm

Just need a thorough cleanout. A new coach to come in and say, "I dont care how much any of you earn or what you did in the past. This is day 1. Anyone who doesnt play to first grade standard is getting dropped. Anyone who doesnt like it can p*** off".
Tigers tragic since 1980.