James Tedesco

AmericanHistoryX

James Tedesco

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:10 pm

did any one forumer notice Jimmy playing preservation football last Saturday night. I think his goal for the Gold Coast game was to get through the game as it seems more apparent in hindsight rather than the 2 points & victory. It makes sense that he was one of the first all over Pat Richards after the winning magical fieldgoal - the victory being a bonus as he achieved his first goal. No wonder it wasn't a blowout. No wonder James was happy.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:33 pm

I think he has figured out their is no value in going for the low percentage plays that have you being stretchered of the field.

Also when he came from his first ACL he was very ginger for about month, its going to take time to get the brain in the same healthy position his body is in

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:38 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:did any one forumer notice Jimmy playing preservation football last Saturday night. I think his goal for the Gold Coast game was to get through the game as it seems more apparent in hindsight rather than the 2 points & victory. It makes sense that he was one of the first all over Pat Richards after the winning magical fieldgoal - the victory being a bonus as he achieved his first goal. No wonder it wasn't a blowout. No wonder James was happy.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
He didn't look to preserve himself when he smashed through 3 Titans to score.....His involvement on the other hand was less than he normally puts out throughout the game...

!st full game back after a long lay-off ...to be expected
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:47 pm

In all honesty,the boys did well to win on Sat night,there would of been plenty of butterflies in a lot of stomaches....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 4:51 pm

JT is one of our 'franchise player', he is our "Inglis", "Slater" or "Moylan".
He was safe in defence/high ball, returned the ball at speed, he was always around the props looking for an offload and played as 5/8 in attack. Can't ask much more from him in any game, not just in the first one after long term injury.

GoTigers :sign:

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 5:11 pm

James will improve with the more minutes he gets , it is physiologically part of the process of getting his confidence back .
We know his got the talent just needs the luck now .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 5:33 pm

He seemed pretty quiet despite his try. Probably still a little gun shy. That will disappear with games under his belt.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 5:33 pm

Scored a try & almost set up another (if not for a forward pass in the lead up). I'd be happy with that each game. Although he'll certainly get better with confidence. Also like his short kicking game, makes him even more dangerous.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 9:52 am

Teddy went OK in my opinion , looks like JT has him playing a slightly different role than Potter had him playing , at times he seemed playing as a second receiver and even as a centre Maybe because of the injury to Lawrence

Don't think it helped we had some passes going astray at vital times in the 1st half

I hope JT is telling the other JT to hang around Taupau like a bad smell with ball in hand

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 10:11 am

After the way he tore the Titans apart last year i really think everyone is missing the fact the Titans played smart and kept him quiet and out of the game.

One thing i did notice however is that he was gassed on a few occasions. His positional play and keenness to get back to fullback after making a tackle were a little off as a result.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 10:13 am

He wasnt bad.....not the UNBELIEVABLE we are used to but not far off.

COuld have easily been a few more but his inside guys were a little off.

I tells ya one thing....now with Dugan looking gone for 3 months he has shortehed in betting for SOO.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 10:52 am

Anyone remember 18 months ago people on here claiming they didn't see the hype with Tedesco? lol

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:06 am

Wait until the combinations start to gel. Won't be too long before he strolls through a gap that Brooks puts him through.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:08 am

Teddy is like benji in the early days with his shoulders

There was a while where he and we would grimous with many a hit.

Nowadays there is no issue with performance or confidence

The same will take time with Teddy, Im praying for a solid year

yeti

Post by yeti » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:28 am

There was no continuity in either team's play - too many mistakes, and too many penalties. This stifled any attacking momentum and Teddy suffered as a result. Same with the Titans back line, which on paper was pretty good. Only Robert's blinding speed let them score a couple of times.

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:31 am

He still has his speed -

During the intercept by Kevin Gordon, even though Brooks sped through in cover, Teddy came from across the park, and would have gotten to Kevin Gordon without any issues either.

He did nothing wrong, and made some solid tackles at the back - he'll be fine.