Benji

hobbo

Benji

Post by hobbo » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:02 pm

Tigermama wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:Benji lost me when he quoted ...
"It's not about winning or losing "
"It's about playing with your mates"
Can't stand the bloke now .

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Don't forget " I will never play against the WestsTigers" bit :x
I feel stupid using the term "bloke" I should have said Princess !

Hope Moses roughs him up a bit :lol:

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:05 pm

I won't boo him but I will be warming up the voodoo doll

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:21 pm

Tigermama wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:Benji lost me when he quoted ...
"It's not about winning or losing "
"It's about playing with your mates"
Can't stand the bloke now .

Don't forget " I will never play against the WestsTigers" bit :x
Yep, that sucked. But Moltzen did the yeah/nah with the Dragons and then Tedesco did the same thing with the Raiders, so it's not the first time a player has lied.

They have a lot of work ahead of them to get this current team ready to take on the stronger sides, so lets all look ahead and wait for the Brooks/Tedesco magic. And hopefully when Moltz gets some game time he can pick up where he let off.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 1:08 am

My biggest hope for Benji is he is continually waking up having nightmares of seeing Taupau running over the top of him time after time after time next Monday evening / Tuesday morning

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 5:31 am

I just look at him and think to myself ? the guy has been poorly advised and has read to many papers about himself .
His attitude changed cause he realized that no one thought of him anymore like they once did.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 8:46 am

Tigermama wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Booing the opposition is not my thing, but I won't treat him any differently to the other 16 blokes in red and white.
You don't Boo ... Really CB ?? How do you show your displeasure?
I don't, the fact I wear a Tigers jersey should show which colours I've nailed to the post!

I don't bemoan those who do, it's just not something I do.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 8:55 am

Im pretty much past him...he was our best ever at one time I doubt that will change for years...he's moved on...I have too
Things were poorly handled, lifes too short for grudges - they only hurt yourself

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 9:36 am

What he said^
"Quality Stupidity"

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 10:17 am

Angry Tiger 1 wrote:Benji is def the most exciting player to have pulled on the WT Jersey. But I feel extremely let down that after an unsuccessful stint in a Rugby and his arrival at the Dragons, that he is admitting openly that he wasn't giving 100% for his last couple of years at the Tigers. It is a massive slap in the face to us fans, the coaching staff, sponsors, the board and his fellow players to say that he was overweight, lazy and comfortable.

I am so sick of hearing him admit this in the press now. The WT should ask him to pay some of his contract money back.
Exactly. It was apparent to most at the time that he was just cruising yet vehemently denied this at the time. Anyone that criticised him was outcast. Yet as soon as he signs with a competing club he feels free to admit that he was lazy and complacent and that the club did nothing to prevent this.

He can get stuffed.

When he left us i was glad he was gone as he wasn't up to it, but i still applauded him for his efforts for the club. Now he's been bad mouthing us for so long it just pisses me off. If he said nothing and just went about his business playing for the Dragons I could tolerate that, but he hasn't so he'll get heckled...

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 4:40 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Booing the opposition is not my thing, but I won't treat him any differently to the other 16 blokes in red and white.
You don't Boo ... Really CB ?? How do you show your displeasure?
I don't, the fact I wear a Tigers jersey should show which colours I've nailed to the post!

I don't bemoan those who do, it's just not something I do.
Ok :sign:

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 5:00 pm

Benji will get plenty off me just as any opposition team does,I wouldnt be a TRUE TIGER if I didnt ...

To me our colours are the only ones I support,the rest can go to hell...including Benji, even though he was great for us,he has moved on and so have I,he is fair game to me in my opinion...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

radiowave82

Post by radiowave82 » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 5:06 pm

Defiant wrote:By Benji's own words he admits being unfit and unmotivated when he left us.

Hope the fans are not too gentle on him.
I sure would like to know why that happened. Really, any theory at it's core is going to be guesswork.

chickenkebabs

Post by chickenkebabs » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 6:54 pm

Hopefully Benji has a great game but Brooks/Moses have a blinder and we smash the dragons.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 7:03 pm

radiowave82 wrote:
Defiant wrote:By Benji's own words he admits being unfit and unmotivated when he left us.

Hope the fans are not too gentle on him.
I sure would like to know why that happened. Really, any theory at it's core is going to be guesswork.
To be fair I think that Benji was a footballer who in order to wake himself out of his complacency needed a change of clubs. As the saying goes, a change is as good as a holiday.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 9:35 pm

Has Benji really been bad mouthing us? I dont watch every show or read every article, but all I have seen are fairly bland comments about verbal commitments not being honoured or some such.

In any case I will not boo the guy. Whatever his playing deficiencies over the last couple of years with us, he gave us a lot for most of his time with us. And leaving was probably best for both him and the club.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 9:45 pm

He was on NRL 360 last night basically saying he'd lost the hunger at the WESTS Tigers was overweight and unmotivated ..He also said discussing Milford that he had played with so many different halves at the WESTS Tigers that he felt he was the one that had to do it all..... overplay his hand score and set up tries by himself...doesn't really paint us in a good light in his latter years IMO

He then went on to add that he came back to the Dragons to prove to himself that he was still a elite player in the Game.....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 10:28 pm

A stiff arm from Moses should bring him back to earth .

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 10:47 pm

Geo. wrote:He was on NRL 360 last night basically saying he'd lost the hunger at the WESTS Tigers was overweight and unmotivated ..He also said discussing Milford that he had played with so many different halves at the WESTS Tigers that he felt he was the one that had to do it all..... overplay his hand score and set up tries by himself...doesn't really paint us in a good light in his latter years IMO

He then went on to add that he came back to the Dragons to prove to himself that he was still a elite player in the Game.....
:blah Blah, that's all i'm hearing. So over Benji and what he has to say. I wouldn't mind if he had something new to say,but it's the same old predictable commentary..."Me Me Me" it's all about me ... :roll: