Eels' use of the big screen

Sabre

Eels' use of the big screen

Post by Sabre » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 11:06 pm

I'm sure others who went to the game will agree with me here, how rubbish was it that they kept placing that "LOUDER, LOUDER" graphic up on the big screen when you were trying to watch something. Especially when we were attacking Parramatta's line.

And also that audio recording of "PARRA *Drums* PARRA *Drums*" being played at the most random times. Overall it was absolutely atrocious.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 11:07 pm

i love giving it to parra fans

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 11:08 pm

Did they also have one with a picture of the Hayne plane with a WHAAAA on the screen ??

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 11:16 pm

Sabre wrote:I'm sure others who went to the game will agree with me here, how rubbish was it that they kept placing that "LOUDER, LOUDER" graphic up on the big screen when you were trying to watch something. Especially when we were attacking Parramatta's line.

And also that audio recording of "PARRA *Drums* PARRA *Drums*" being played at the most random times. Overall it was absolutely atrocious.
Yeah agree Sabre it was getting on my nerves big time . Had to go to the Toilet just before halftime and there is a monitor on Top of the Toilet door and all you can see is this blue Louder crap and were not showing the game while doing that. :bash .
I liked before the game how they randomly put the Camera on people and were breaking a Dance , as well as putting the camera on people to kiss.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 11:38 pm

Sabre wrote:I'm sure others who went to the game will agree with me here, how rubbish was it that they kept placing that "LOUDER, LOUDER" graphic up on the big screen when you were trying to watch something. Especially when we were attacking Parramatta's line.

Yes the timing was interesting. Thought we matched the Parra Fans with the TIgers chant the few times that it did start up. Also thought the fans were pretty even in numbers today - certainly that was the case where we were sitting.

Milky

Post by Milky » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 12:37 am

Parra chants played on the audio lol that was shocking, didn't even fire up their supporters....to be honest it fired up the Tigers supporters, they started chanting Farah.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

wicked_j

Post by wicked_j » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 7:09 am

They used the chant / drums thing at Souths game too.. I don't know if they do I every game, but I noticed at Souths game they had the reason for penalties written in red writing on the big screen, I thought that was a good idea

Juro

Post by Juro » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:20 am

I don't think I heard a single Parra chant which was started by the crowd. A few times the crowd followed the pre-recorded chant, but that was it. The Tigers chant was pretty good where I was sitting, especially as the game drew to its climax.

Had to laugh at the pre-recorded chant being turned off in the second half when a Parra player dropped the ball about 2 seconds after it started. Was it Watmough who dropped it that time?
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:26 am

They've had that audio Parra chant for yrs. Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

Post by 2041 » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:51 am

Thought their fans were pretty pathetic all told, though I guess the Easter Monday fixture gets a lot of part timers out. Glad we sent them home miserable.

Juro

Post by Juro » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:56 am

I went to a fair few Parra home games when I was younger. I still remember the James Hardie song they used to play all the time. Now that was truly embarrassing. I used to make fun of my friends who were Parra fans for it.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:19 am

I know every team has their bandwagon element, but they are fair dinkum the biggest fairweathered fans in the entire league. You will not see an Eels jersey at all this week.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:22 am

Juro wrote:I don't think I heard a single Parra chant which was started by the crowd. A few times the crowd followed the pre-recorded chant, but that was it. The Tigers chant was pretty good where I was sitting, especially as the game drew to its climax.

Had to laugh at the pre-recorded chant being turned off in the second half when a Parra player dropped the ball about 2 seconds after it started. Was it Watmough who dropped it that time?
I'm certain the chant was the reason he dropped it. It started so loudly and suddenly that it would have put him off just as he was about to catch the ball.

Bones

Post by Bones » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:41 am

Pretty sure a NFL team was fined $350,000 for doing the same thing recently.

I'd be happy for Parra to cop the same punishment!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:49 am

Bones wrote:Pretty sure a NFL team was fined $350,000 for doing the same thing recently.

Yes that's right

They were using it to block out their opponents audibles when they had the ball

Team Tiger

Post by Team Tiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 2:45 pm

And how bout the whittlin' sticks and moonshine theme to the pre game cheer leader session. Thought we were playing the Deliverance Eels. At one stage there I thought 'Cotton Eye Joe' was their latest signing.
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

Juro

Post by Juro » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 3:12 pm

Team Tiger wrote:And how bout the whittlin' sticks and moonshine theme to the pre game cheer leader session. Thought we were playing the Deliverance Eels. At one stage there I thought 'Cotton Eye Joe' was their latest signing.
I had similar thoughts last year when they kept playing John Denver songs. Then the half time entertainment was some whip cracking. Finally the penny dropped and I realised it was a country theme to go along with the Easter show...

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 3:24 pm

Bones wrote:Pretty sure a NFL team was fined $350,000 for doing the same thing recently.

yep. Atlanta Falcons.

i dont get to games, so havent experienced it, but that sounds SO annoying!! god, im pretty sure even eels fans would be annoyed at having Louder Louder on the screens at important times during the game. and as for even having it at the toilets, well, thats really taking the p1ss!

it sounds to me like they are taking the American "game day experience" to the extreme, thinking it is the way the big boys do it, so lets do it too - its very prominent in basketball over here too ("deee-fence!!") but it somehow seems to fit that game more - but just sounds like the proverbial try hard cheap knock off that is just tacky!

hope they dont do it for tigers home games!