Run Lads

Tiger In The Gong

Run Lads

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 17 May, 2015 10:59 am

The Knights are going to be up for this one, its a similar situation to the Roosters game in that they need to return to form. Home town crowd, the ref in their pocket and a few key players looking for big pre orgin games.

Watching the Roosters v Bulldgs the most notable aspect other than the array of amassed talent was the running game of the halves. The big Origin trial was on and these guys bar Hodgson ran first and thought later.

Looking at our halves its the other way around, too much thought and not enough pure running.

If they run, i mean take it to the line before doing anything else we can beat them. Sit back and the Knights will have too much power on the edges.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 11:22 am

I'd love to see the halves show some great running games but I just want to see them play solid football. I think the likes of Taupau, Robbie, Sirro and Woods are the ones I really want to see fire up.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 17 May, 2015 11:41 am

We need to play an up tempo game, keep their aging forward pack moving with inside balls and plays across the ruck, offloads. But control possession and field position. Target their halves on the goal line this is there weak point.

Test Gaigai the new fullback by mixing up the kicking game. Make sure their wingers don't get their sets off to a good start. keep the ball away from Uate in broken play (he is the main danger).

The halves to run at the 25min mark if we are able to excute the above.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 17 May, 2015 12:44 pm

If the forwards DO NOT stand up - the halves won't be going anywhere!!!

Win the ruck and Luke and Mitchell will have a field day.

You need 6 forwards who think they are Marty!!!

How about it lads?

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 17 May, 2015 12:55 pm

Just heard DCE kicked for over 400m last week because Gagai was out of position. Expect a late change from nights with Sione shifting to FB and Gagai to centres....unless Stone is living in fairyland.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 17 May, 2015 2:31 pm

There is a very big difference in halves playing well off the back of good go forward and halves choosing to run and put the defense in two minds before they look to pass or set something up.

All the go forward in the world wont change hesitant halves.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:34 pm

Brooks ran once today and it resulted in a try. I or they just don't get it!

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:36 pm

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Brooks ran once today and it resulted in a try. I or they just don't get it!
I dont get it either.

Its a simple game but our game plan is making no rugby league sense.