Tariq Sms is a grub!

Jerry Seinfeld

Re: Tariq Sms is a grub!

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Mon 18 May, 2015 6:48 am

innsaneink wrote:We are so used to our forwards being nice....whenever the opposition play it hard like it should be played - theyre grubs

Agreed. And its why we have not played semis so many times in our existence. Our club needs to learn to hate losing and to compete to win like 17 Greg birds or Michael Ennis's.

Bones

Post by Bones » Mon 18 May, 2015 7:09 am

Jerry Seinfeld wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:Don't have a problem with the way he targeted him today... What I do have a problem is how none of our forwards stood up for him and went after sims to let him know they weren't gonna stand by and let him get away with it.
This. Always a good sign of how ready a team is to compete when they come sticking up for the smaller guys and aren't worried to throw in a bit of niggle themselves. We seemed ready to play but not ready to match niggle for niggle. We have no grub in us and it cost us.
Compare the reaction to the Lodge high shot to anything that happened throughout the game.

Moses gets choke slammed and our players do NOTHING, Lawrence gets KO'd, still NOTHING. One of their guys gets a slightly high shot and they all charge in. Pretty much tells the story for me.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 18 May, 2015 8:00 am

king sirro wrote:What about his head slam on Moses after Moses let the ball go
Couldn't believe this wasn't seen by any of the officials

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 18 May, 2015 12:11 pm

Bones wrote:
Jerry Seinfeld wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:Don't have a problem with the way he targeted him today... What I do have a problem is how none of our forwards stood up for him and went after sims to let him know they weren't gonna stand by and let him get away with it.
This. Always a good sign of how ready a team is to compete when they come sticking up for the smaller guys and aren't worried to throw in a bit of niggle themselves. We seemed ready to play but not ready to match niggle for niggle. We have no grub in us and it cost us.
Compare the reaction to the Lodge high shot to anything that happened throughout the game.

Moses gets choke slammed and our players do NOTHING, Lawrence gets KO'd, still NOTHING. One of their guys gets a slightly high shot and they all charge in. Pretty much tells the story for me.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 18 May, 2015 12:11 pm

Bones wrote:
Jerry Seinfeld wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Every half in every team will be targetted thats a given. Look at what happened to Thurston a couple of weeks back. Our forwards haven't been the same since the loss v Canberra. Even then Sue got face slapped by FPN, Tapau was standing right next to him when it happened & niether of them did anything.

If anything was going to change in our team from now on I'd like our boys to send out a clear message to the rest of the comp. If they're going to try & rough up brooks/moses or any Tiger for that matter then they WILL be smashed themselves next time they carry the ball up.

We have a big enough pack. The likes of Keithy, Woods, Sue, Tapau, Lodge, Ava, Siro, etc need to stand up now.

Enough is enough.