Tigerheart_returns

My favorite moment(s) from the game..

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 9:43 pm

Let's start a new segment...

Tapau silencing (by gesturing) the Souffs supporters....Priceless :sign:
Richards 80 metre line drop out.. :master:

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 9:47 pm

Taupau's fend, actually several fends in scoring 2 tries.
Nofoaluma's bullocking try.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 10:00 pm

Brooks individual try was a pearler
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 10:10 pm

The first forward hit up, seeing multiple runners with support brought a smile to my face.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 10:10 pm

As above Marty (bats eyelashes) and Brooks burning Johnston for speed making him look like a numpty.....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 10:17 pm

Lodge smoking Brown

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 11:18 pm

The shoosh Tapau gave the souffs supporters!

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Tigersman since 2013!

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 11:32 pm

One moment I remember which may have gone unnoticed was at the 55min mark with the score at 18-6. The rabbits fielding a kick on their own I goal and spread it left with plenty of space and only kev and keefy in defense. Keefy chased in cover for 30 meters to allow kev to make the tackle on the centre and prevent a possible lengthy of the field try. It wasn't as spectacular as the moments Tapow or Brooks pulled off but it was a very important effort. It could have been 18-12 and a different ball game with 25 mins to go.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 6:02 am

Tbone wrote:One moment I remember which may have gone unnoticed was at the 55min mark with the score at 18-6. The rabbits fielding a kick on their own I goal and spread it left with plenty of space and only kev and keefy in defense. Keefy chased in cover for 30 meters to allow kev to make the tackle on the centre and prevent a possible lengthy of the field try. It wasn't as spectacular as the moments Tapow or Brooks pulled off but it was a very important effort. It could have been 18-12 and a different ball game with 25 mins to go.
Didn't go unnoticed from my seat Tbone, and I posted about it in the Lovett and Lodge thread. It was particularly important as Kev was on one leg and not only did Keefy chase to get hands on Walker, he also shut down their winger Gray in the very next play as he was about to bust through behind the ruck.

It is odd how people look at a game and/or see it differently. Whilst they don't have the flashy plays that get them noticed by some, for mine the most instrumental players in gaining the ascendency were Galloway and Sue, yet they are probably the least mentioned players on here this weekend. Sure, Marty was dynamic in attacking the left to utilise his right arm fend, with the backrowers and bench doing their job in the mid game grind, but it was on the back of the platform of our starting props who also regained control when reunited midway through the second half.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 6:27 am

formerguest wrote:
Tbone wrote:One moment I remember which may have gone unnoticed was at the 55min mark with the score at 18-6. The rabbits fielding a kick on their own I goal and spread it left with plenty of space and only kev and keefy in defense. Keefy chased in cover for 30 meters to allow kev to make the tackle on the centre and prevent a possible lengthy of the field try. It wasn't as spectacular as the moments Tapow or Brooks pulled off but it was a very important effort. It could have been 18-12 and a different ball game with 25 mins to go.
Didn't go unnoticed from my seat Tbone, and I posted about it in the Lovett and Lodge thread. It was particularly important as Kev was on one leg and not only did Keefy chase to get hands on Walker, he also shut down their winger Gray in the very next play as he was about to bust through behind the ruck.

It is odd how people look at a game and/or see it differently. Whilst they don't have the flashy plays that get them noticed by some, for mine the most instrumental players in gaining the ascendency were Galloway and Sue, yet they are probably the least mentioned players on here this weekend. Sure, Marty was dynamic in attacking the left to utilise his right arm fend, with the backrowers and bench doing their job in the mid game grind, but it was on the back of the platform of our starting props who also regained control when reunited midway through the second half.
Without the toilers in a side you struggle and our props can take a lot of credit for the win.They worked from begining to end and didnt give an inch.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 7:59 am

foreveratiger wrote:Brooks individual try was a pearler
I think I liked this the most. I'm not sold yet on this kid but he is likeable. Seeing him score that try and burn them was great.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 9:36 am

It was Moses short ball to Teddy to score the last try for me.

Extremely well disguised and encouraging for future combos between the two.

Well done Mitchell.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 9:54 am

Taupau hitting Johnston with a ballistic missile;
Taupau hitting Reynolds with a ballistic missile;
Lodge hitting Brown with a ballistic missile;
Brooks standing up Johnston;
Ava's hitups;
Teddy's speed and support play;
Richards right foot.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 10:17 am

Russell wrote:It was Moses short ball to Teddy to score the last try for me.

Well done Mitchell.

Very nice play wasnt it???

Interesting that they used Lawrence as the decoy nearly every play whereas last week he kept getting it.Very nice change up.

PS....and I am again reminded of the fact that IMO Moses is our best playmaking half and Brooks our best running half.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 10:19 am

That fend on Johnson was IMMENSE and a def wooohooo moment!

The only one i can think of as big as that was one by Ben Galea on Tony Martin years ago!

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 10:31 am

simonthetiger wrote:
Russell wrote:It was Moses short ball to Teddy to score the last try for me.

Well done Mitchell.

Very nice play wasnt it???

Interesting that they used Lawrence as the decoy nearly every play whereas last week he kept getting it.Very nice change up.

PS....and I am again reminded of the fact that IMO Moses is our best playmaking half and Brooks our best running half.
Agree Simon, he will be a really good playmaker as experience sets in.

Makes a difference having a good decoy runner and faster centres.
I think as he puts on a bit of meat he will take the line on more as well, which will disguise even more what he is going to do.

Agree at the moment that Brooks is a better runner of the ball though.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 10:34 am

The score line

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 10:44 am

willow wrote:Taupau hitting Johnston with a ballistic missile;
Taupau hitting Reynolds with a ballistic missile;
Lodge hitting Brown with a ballistic missile;
Brooks standing up Johnston;
Ava's hitups;
Teddy's speed and support play;
Richards right foot.
All of the above,and a special mention to Suaso Sue for running the ball hard up the middle....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D