Lovett, Hoeter amd Moses

Love the WestsTigers

Re: Lovett, Hoeter amd Moses

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 6:29 pm

I miss Benji

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 6:30 pm

MacDougall wrote:Lovett is not going to be solid. Lovett is no better than Shaun Spence or Matt Groat and will go to the scrapheap they ended up.
Don't forget Hyland, Prichard and Akeripa... They were going to be massive!

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 6:31 pm

diedpretty wrote:
king sirro wrote:Love how the kids get attacked after a game like this but Pat Richards dogs it twice attacking the try line and let's 2 tries in by misreading in defence. Woods and Taupau let a fullback run straight past them like they are scared. Farah plays rocks and diamonds all day. Naqaima has done nothing since re-signing. The coach is showing he has no idea. But Yeh, it's he kids that suck
Yep Moses sucks - I never mentioned Brooks because he has a go.
Moses doesn't have a go? You must not watch the games cos he has a red hot go at least
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 6:33 pm

Moses and Brooks were not great but they were hardly the worst ones out there. Richards was woeful and our forwards got zero momentum. Not much you can do as a small, young half if the rest of the team is rubbish.

Some people conveniently forget that games where Brooks and Moses have torn up in first grade. Brooks on his debut against St George and Moses against the Dogs last year, as well as Souths this year - all games where our forward pack fired and set the platform. People also forget that both players destroyed NYC and NSW cup, just like Martin currently is. Just because Moses is struggling a bit in first grade and Martin is doing well in the 20s does not mean Martin > Moses.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

fairdinkum

Post by fairdinkum » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 6:34 pm

Farah need to be the first one shown the door.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 6:37 pm

moses is only crap because he is only doing what JT has told him to do. give him a licence to play whats in front of him and u will see a different player, same goes for brooks.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 6:39 pm

I actually thought Moses was our best behind Tedesco. He was having a massive go and nearly pulled off a few huge plays.

How good is Teddy though. Holy crap what would we do without him.

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 6:40 pm

Stripes96 wrote:Moses and Brooks were not great but they were hardly the worst ones out there. Richards was woeful and our forwards got zero momentum. Not much you can do as a small, young half if the rest of the team is rubbish.

Some people conveniently forget that games where Brooks and Moses have torn up in first grade. Brooks on his debut against St George and Moses against the Dogs last year, as well as Souths this year - all games where our forward pack fired and set the platform. People also forget that both players destroyed NYC and NSW cup, just like Martin currently is. Just because Moses is struggling a bit in first grade and Martin is doing well in the 20s does not mean Martin > Moses.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
When the forwards dont do their work it makes the halves look ordinary. Our forwards with the exception of Woods, Lawrence, Tapau and Lodge are basically useless. Get another 2 or 3 forwards like them that can keep the defensive line on the back foot and suddenly you'll see the magic of Brooks and Moses explode. These kids are obvious natural footballers who have been let down by most of our forward pack.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 6:46 pm

willow wrote:Farah was poor today, as was Richards and Lovett. Moses and Brooks struggled but our forward pack never went forward which was the problem.
Re: Penrith Team...

Postby diedpretty » Tue 23 Jun, 2015 7:19 pm

If our forwards don't aim up and get us on the front foot that backline will tear us apart.

Hmmmm.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 6:48 pm

We let established first graders go last year and did not replace them. We were always going to fill gaps with reserve graders. Maybe our depth and development isn't nearly as good as we thought it was.

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 6:51 pm

Apart from Ted outside we had nothing in attack once Simona was injured,which makes it hard to score points if you dont have a backline.Hoeter is hopeless in every department,Lovett is a average back rower if anything,while both halves were poor.
Why some of these players are continually given chances in FG when it's beyond them astounds me,only at the WT this seems to happen.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:22 pm

I agree, Moses DOES give it a go. He was a bit pass happy today, that's all. However, Lovett, Richards and Hoeter were poor. Teddy's a champion and stood head and shoulders above his team mates in terms of performance, effort and good, old fashioned heart....

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:37 am

Lovett was going ok in the second row, when he went to Centre Whare was too fast for him. It put pressure on Richards who got the decisions wrong.

Hoeter on the other hand is clearly not a centre, he is miles away from being an NRL centre. Winger perhaps, but he is behind others.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:53 am

king sirro wrote:Love how the kids get attacked after a game
Criticising these young players is misguided. Moses and Brooks will turn out to be a fine halves pairing we can build a team around. Lovett also was playing well until switched to centre and the experience he gains this year will be invaluable for next.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 11:09 am

MacDougall wrote:Lovett is not going to be solid. Lovett is no better than Shaun Spence or Matt Groat and will go to the scrapheap they ended up.
Harsh.

But true.

Pre-season and just looking at rosters I thought we would come dead last, or at least tie for last with Parramatta. Yes, we have an inexperienced side but damn they also happen to play the worst brand of football I have seen. So negative!

Let them off the leash Taylor! We aren't gonna be a threat this year anyway, so let's see what they can do!
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 11:19 am

Simona needs to get far stronger in his upper body / torso , that is causing many of the issues with these ankle / syndesmosis issues

As for Lovett he is a back rower and what happened yesterday was caused for further inside him He needs to run better lines , but his defence is good

I'm not sure where we stand with Hoeter yet , maybe he has some fair weather in him , where he looks good in winning sides but struggles to make an impact in beaten sides He didn't cope well when Mansour roughed him up yesterday and turned the momentum in my opinion

You can't blame or judge either Moses or Brooks when they don't have NRL quality centres or back rowers outside them
Last edited by happy tiger on Mon 29 Jun, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barrytiger

Post by barrytiger » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 11:47 am

Farah should not have played,he is injured and has injured his hand during the game,id rather cherrington 100% fit than Farah playing at 60%,also Lovett in the centres big mistake.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 11:49 am

diedpretty wrote:Anyone who thinks these three are or ever will be first graders is living in a dream world - I seriously hope JT has the balls to get rid of these three and give Martin, Seve and Liolave a go. And before I get howled down with the " they are not up to FG " I would just like to say nor are three pretenders who are there at the moment.

the same Moses who got SG Ball player of the year? The kid who led Balmain to the winning the SG Ball comp?

The same kid who set up all those tries in under 20s origin and played alongside Mamo, Gutherson, Matu'utai?