**Live game thread**

fairdinkum

Re: **Live game thread**

Post by fairdinkum » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 4:56 pm

cqtiger wrote:I read somewhere that today's team was the best side we could put on the field. Looking forward to next year now with a full off season under JT.

All the beatings we have copped this year should stand our youngsters in good stead. You know, these are the beatings you learn from. No way will they scar these young blokes. Not these superstars in waiting.

They are learning that you don't get dropped, you don't lose money for poor effort. Win one game every 4 or 5 weeks is enough to stay on top money.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
The future looks bright

fairdinkum

Post by fairdinkum » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 4:57 pm

jctiger wrote:Warriors next week,
Sunday afternoon,
Last home game of the year,

Think I'll go bowling !
I think ill do some overtime, sunday rates or watch the pussy cats pretend to be a footy side? hard choice

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 4:58 pm

Just awful.
Sharks highest score of the year, and yet our defence has been the priority all year.

On a related note, can anyone recommend a bar in cronulla?

tylermax

Post by tylermax » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:00 pm

So Most of you think Taylor is the problem. I don't recall seeing him out there, dropping balls, trying offloads from hopeless positions or missing tackles.
Taylor can't play the game for them, its up to the players to do that and they were found wanting today.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:01 pm

Can't wait to watch the replay with Benny Hill music playing in the background.

Ed Reschs

Post by Ed Reschs » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:01 pm

MacDougall wrote:Like, this is a team that is basically the same team Mick Potter had inside the top 8 last year before Shadow Stannis Baratheon murdered him in his chambers, and we sacked him because Farah thought he couldn't coach?

I know losing makes it easier to say negative things but Farah is the problem. The way he's playing this year he is absolutely no better than Cherrington but takes up about 500% of the cap space.
100% correct.

Post by 851 » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:01 pm

Taylor has to own these performances, he has had this team for a full preseaon and 2 games shy of a season. Yet our completion rate is woeful, our attack now sucks, we are not improving at all.
And our so called defensive structure leaked 40 against the worst attack in the nrl, a team who scored 2 last start.
Stop the spin Taylor and man up, your coaching is not working, change it or leave.
Last edited by 851 on Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Go hard or go home

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:01 pm

Tigerdave wrote:
Sabre wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:We have spent 1 year supposedly concentrating on our defence and we are still poor as Hell.
Jason Taylor is laughable.
We are as bad, if not worse, than we have ever been in defence.
short memory, this time last year we had just come off 2 beltings from the Storm and the Cowboys..............think things have been a bit better this year
How many injuries was there in the team at that time?
Even that's not there as an excuse this year.
We've got our full team on the field now. No backline full of backrowers like then.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:02 pm

I can't see why everyone is so upset, we have MCK, Jack Littlejohn and Jesse Parahi coming to the club next year, we'll be contenders then for sure.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:03 pm

smithy wrote:the shame is that we have the ability to compete but until we stop dropping the ball and giving away silly penalties then we will continue to be on the bottom of the comp for years to come.jason taylor is not the coach that will change where we are...we need a topline coach.also as we have no recruitment policy so things wont change until we start buying available talent.
Dropping the ball way too much and not wanting to compete and lack of communicating with each other is all played between the ears.

Taylor might be a smart coach, he might have even coached them good things that they are not executing, but unless you can get them all fired up, confident come-what-may and on the same page... It all means nothing if you have no skills when it comes to man-management and building mental toughness.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:04 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:
Sabre wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:We have spent 1 year supposedly concentrating on our defence and we are still poor as Hell.
Jason Taylor is laughable.
We are as bad, if not worse, than we have ever been in defence.
short memory, this time last year we had just come off 2 beltings from the Storm and the Cowboys..............think things have been a bit better this year
How many injuries was there in the team at that time?
Even that's not there as an excuse this year.
We've got our full team on the field now. No backline full of backrowers like then.
Besides Teddy? don't think we really had many others

we had no backline full of backrowers then

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:04 pm

ricksen wrote:Just awful.
Sharks highest score of the year, and yet our defence has been the priority all year.

This is the thing i cant get my head around.

We have had a full off season and almost a full year to work on this fabled defense yet even a low scoring team like the Sharks can rack them up against us.

It doesnt add up and the blame has to stop at the coach.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:05 pm

I'm sure some flog club would pay Farah big money to take him. We'd be best to shop him now before he completely ruins his price tag. If we can get someone to pay 500k for him, and we've got Cherrington as first choice running around for 200k or less, then we're still 300k in the green for next season we can use to front load Tedesco or something. Would be absolutely no worse off if he disappeared with no replacement.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:07 pm

Listening to Head on ABC radio and listening to Taylor, it is easy to understand why players would respond to Head. Confident, well spoken and an air of confidence. I don't get that with Taylor and there has been some criticism of the team (deservedly so) by Head.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:08 pm

Our worst performance of the year...... We are a dumb team

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:12 pm

Sabre wrote:I can't see why everyone is so upset, we have MCK, Jack Littlejohn and Jesse Parahi coming to the club next year, we'll be contenders then for sure.
So what your saying is Richards and Galloway has stopped us progressing ;) :lol: .

We are a laughing stock.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:14 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Sabre wrote:I can't see why everyone is so upset, we have MCK, Jack Littlejohn and Jesse Parahi coming to the club next year, we'll be contenders then for sure.
So what your saying is Richards and Galloway has stopped us progressing ;) :lol: .

We are a laughing stock.
I've seen better teams playing A grade at my local club !

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 5:15 pm

tylermax wrote:So Most of you think Taylor is the problem. I don't recall seeing him out there, dropping balls, trying offloads from hopeless positions or missing tackles.
Taylor can't play the game for them, its up to the players to do that and they were found wanting today.
I blame it on the Greek economy!
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!