All Hail King Farah

Post by Milky » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 3:52 pm

God bless you. i love you.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 3:55 pm

what a champion
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

Tigerspirit

Post by Tigerspirit » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 3:56 pm

West Tigers Champion, the team look lost without him!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

marzie

Post by marzie » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 3:56 pm

Absolute legend

Tigerspirit

Post by Tigerspirit » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 3:57 pm

Tigerspirit wrote:West Tigers Champion, the team look lost without him!

Best player to nurture the youth

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 3:58 pm

I reckon JT should be sacked. I have no confidence in the guy at all.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 3:59 pm

stevetiger wrote:I reckon JT should be sacked. I have no confidence in the guy at all.
Agreed, who needs NSW current hooker? Pssht not the team running last

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:01 pm

Milky wrote:
stevetiger wrote:I reckon JT should be sacked. I have no confidence in the guy at all.
Agreed, who needs NSW current hooker? Pssht not the team running last
Not the team coming 13th either.

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:02 pm

Great game Robbie, all the best however everything pans out.

A couple of years at a new club may be the best thing for him as a player, as a genuine challenge seems to bring out his best.

Week in week out at the Tigers doesn't seem to still represent such a challenge, not that I really want to see him go.
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:05 pm

I'm all for keeping him around if he plays like that every week, and if he hands over his Origin jersey.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:07 pm

Had a wonderful game - 1st one in 2 years. If he needs to be sacked to play well then that isn't who I want as captain. Great effort by JT to coach the boys to a massive win despite all the controversey this week

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:07 pm

MacDougall wrote:I'm all for keeping him around if he plays like that every week, and if he hands over his Origin jersey.
Hear hear. Enough of this rubbish that he doesn't want to leave the NRL because he wants another Origin series. He should want another yr to get us into the 8.

Do the right thing Robbie, because atm he's just turning into Paul Gallen.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:10 pm

Robbie Farah was already out of State of Origin III and was having a coffee with a few mates in the bar of the team hotel. Nursing a busted hand, Farah was down in the dumps when the topic of Pat Richards and a deal with French team Catalans came up.
In the group was Farah's agent, Sam Ayoub. Farah turned to his agent and quipped: "You might have to send me there."
The conversation moved on. The French comment was lost on most at the gathering. At that point there was no indication from the Tigers that Farah was a goner. Not publicly anyway.
But Farah was already feeling he was on the outer. He's been through two major injuries and had surgery. There was no call from coach Jason Taylor to see how the skipper had pulled up. The media has been calling Farah day and night and following his every move. Maybe the coach had been getting his information from the constant updates?
Whatever the case, Farah wasn't feeling the love.
On the last day in July, it was made official. Ayoub met with Taylor and acting Tigers boss Phil Moss. The meeting took place in Ayoub's Leichhardt office and it began with small talk about other clients Ayoub had at the Tigers, before it moved on to Farah.
Taylor said the club needed to move forward, and Ayoub said they needed to pay out Farah's deal. Taylor said that would happen.
It is then that Ayoub had to work out how to tell Farah what he already suspected. By this point, Farah was already being left out of leadership meetings. He had been making plans as a result to quit as Tigers skipper. Farah would wear players complaining to him about Taylor, but felt compromised about whinging to the coach. He had been blamed for the demise of former Tigers coach Mick Potter, and that took a toll on him. Farah believed that to continue at the club he needed to take a back seat.
The Tigers played the Raiders on a Monday night and Ayoub arranged a promotional job for Farah in Canberra and told the club that Farah would make his own way back to Sydney. It was an excuse for Ayoub to have three hours in the car with his client. Again there was small talk before he dumped the news on Farah.
Farah was angry, but not surprised. He was struggling to make sense of what had happened. Farah had spilled blood, won a comp and considered the Tigers home. Just a few weeks earlier, with a busted shoulder, he backed up from Origin and played a game he shouldn't have and broke his hand.
All one-club players talk about their "legacy" and Farah could see his being destroyed; taken away from him by a man who had been in the gig for five minutes; a coach who had been hired after Potter and who had achieved even worse results.
And then it became personal. Farah had taken pay cuts and delayed payments in order to help the club. What is not known is that Farah was owed at least $400,000 from his last contract. He was to be paid the arrears in this contract and it was to be back-ended. Farah deferred the money to help the club, where officials had made a mess of the salary cap and made promises they could not keep.
And, yes, he will get the money now regardless – and it will be more than the $1.9 million that is being touted. It will be a couple of hundred thousand more than that.
Now, without stating the obvious, that money could well have been used for investments, and Farah had to pass on some opportunities during that time.
None of that will worry Taylor. He has told Farah the money will be forthcoming. He just wants Farah out of the club.
It needs to be made very clear that this is a power play from Taylor. He can't make this team his own with a big and challenging character in the team – but surely that is a fault of the coach not the player.
Taylor saw the roster he was getting when he took over. To complain now is like a home owner purchasing a property under a flight path and then whinging about the noise.
Nevertheless, Ayoub had been doing his duty and making contact with teams. He also had a discussion with a senior Tigers official, where he questioned Taylor's approach. Ayoub said he would endeavour to get Farah a start in England in 2017 but, because of the short notice, he would do it tough to get a deal at a club for 2016. Ayoub thought that an English club might swallow up $500,000 of the debt the Tigers owed Farah – a huge saving for the Tigers – but he needed to operate without the move to oust Farah being made public.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z3kHAijMfj
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I'm all for keeping him around if he plays like that every week, and if he hands over his Origin jersey.
Hear hear. Enough of this rubbish that he doesn't want to leave the NRL because he wants another Origin series. He should want another yr to get us into the 8.

if you listened to his post game interview he said he was down on confidence, last night he thought about it and said he will come out today and play his natural game.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:12 pm

Milky wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

if you listened to his post game interview he said he was down on confidence, last night he thought about it and said he will come out today and play his natural game.
He needs to do more than that. He needs to commit to this side for 24 games a yr barring injury.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:15 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:

How you can state this is beyond me. The spin from JT and his supporters is really just sad.

I should add that I've never rated Robbie anywhere near the level that one of his supporters would have.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:15 pm

Why the hell should he do that? You've never made rep for anything have you?

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:16 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Milky wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

He needs to do more than that. He needs to commit to this side for 24 games a yr barring injury.
This is pathetic. Robbie has bled for us. Yes he has come up with plenty of poor plays in critical situations and I can't stand that. His effort though is unbelievable.