Matt Parcell 20 Easts Tigers 18

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36306
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Matt Parcell 20 Easts Tigers 18

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 16 Sep, 2015 8:41 pm

This is for our beloved Tiger Watto

Ipswich Jets 44 Easts Tigers /Melbourne Storm 18

Matt Parcell scored 5 tries

Another Easts choke :roll


sunshine coast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Back in Sydney

Unread post by sunshine coast tiger » Wed 16 Sep, 2015 9:23 pm

Still would like to have the Ipswich Jets Walker Brothers as our next coaches. Compare their roster with others in that competition over the last few years and you will see how good they are as coaches.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10452
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Wed 16 Sep, 2015 9:26 pm

Not a choke... They are really hard to defend against.

They just play crazy stuff all game. It wasn't RL!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36306
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 16 Sep, 2015 9:50 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Not a choke... They are really hard to defend against.

They just play crazy stuff all game. It wasn't RL!
You know what Watto

I almost feel sorry for you :lol:

sunshine coast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Back in Sydney

Unread post by sunshine coast tiger » Wed 16 Sep, 2015 10:53 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Not a choke... They are really hard to defend against.

They just play crazy stuff all game. It wasn't RL!
Would their style work in the NRL? I think it would. Be a brave appointment but some club will make them coach one day and I think they will be a big success. Would 1000% rather have the Walker Brothers than JT.


User avatar
Blackpearl
Member
Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Thu 20 Aug, 2009 12:01 pm
Location: The burbs
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Blackpearl » Thu 17 Sep, 2015 12:05 am

sunshine coast tiger wrote:Still would like to have the Ipswich Jets Walker Brothers as our next coaches. Compare their roster with others in that competition over the last few years and you will see how good they are as coaches.
X 2
watching replay and the style of play from ipswich is great to watch and very effective.
could be an nrl coaching revolution that some nrl coaches may find difficult to plan against as it is something different.
its better to watch, and far more effective than the game plan dross our JT puts out there!
I dislike sowfs immensely

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10452
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Thu 17 Sep, 2015 4:52 am

sunshine coast tiger wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:Not a choke... They are really hard to defend against.

They just play crazy stuff all game. It wasn't RL!
Would their style work in the NRL? I think it would. Be a brave appointment but some club will make them coach one day and I think they will be a big success. Would 1000% rather have the Walker Brothers than JT.
Easts are a good defensive unit, so you would think it could work in the NRL.

Reminded me of our brand of football in 2005, just crazier.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2062
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Thu 17 Sep, 2015 1:32 pm

happy tiger wrote:This is for our beloved Tiger Watto

Ipswich Jets 44 Easts Tigers /Melbourne Storm 18

Matt Parcell scored 5 tries

Another Easts choke :roll
That was really entertaining to watch. (Don't think it was a choke though!).

So Happy, tell me a few things about this team and the coaches. It's only the second time I've watched a game of theirs and while it is obviously different to other playing styles, it looks like their roster is a bit different too?

Their #10 seems to have quite a lot to do with how they work their way out (with his stepping and offloads) and if that's the case he must be very important to them. So was he there when they started with this team, or did they get him for his abilities?

Likewise for several other members and their playing styles. Some run good inside lines which allows for the effective angle changes, and their kicker(s) are very adept at kicking from the inside of their foot etc to change the angle of attack. Who came first, the chickens or the eggs?

Love the way a couple of players run around until they can commit two defenders near the edges then get away a money ball to release an overlap. Chicken or egg?

Sorry for the lack of reference, I don't know these players numbers let alone their names...
Tiger Watto wrote:Not a choke... They are really hard to defend against.

They just play crazy stuff all game. It wasn't RL!
The 'new' RL hopefully...
Last edited by barra on Thu 17 Sep, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2062
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Thu 17 Sep, 2015 1:33 pm

And their #9 had a blinder, how long have they been coaching him?

And their defence is better than I thought it would be - love all the copybook around the legs driving tackles!!

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Unread post by Tigermama » Thu 17 Sep, 2015 1:59 pm

Love the way the Walker Bros are coaching. Could we get both of them, for the price of one?
Coaching our young team how to play exciting and unpredictable footy? Why not...
ADIOS JT.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36306
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 17 Sep, 2015 2:40 pm

barra wrote:
happy tiger wrote:This is for our beloved Tiger Watto

Ipswich Jets 44 Easts Tigers /Melbourne Storm 18

Matt Parcell scored 5 tries

Another Easts choke :roll
That was really entertaining to watch. (Don't think it was a choke though!).

So Happy, tell me a few things about this team and the coaches. It's only the second time I've watched a game of theirs and while it is obviously different to other playing styles, it looks like their roster is a bit different too?

Their #10 seems to have quite a lot to do with how they work their way out (with his stepping and offloads) and if that's the case he must be very important to them. So was he there when they started with this team, or did they get him for his abilities?

Likewise for several other members and their playing styles. Some run good inside lines which allows for the effective angle changes, and their kicker(s) are very adept at kicking from the inside of their foot etc to change the angle of attack. Who came first, the chickens or the eggs?

Love the way a couple of players run around until they can commit two defenders near the edges then get away a money ball to release an overlap. Chicken or egg?

Sorry for the lack of reference, I don't know these players numbers let alone their names...
Tiger Watto wrote:Not a choke... They are really hard to defend against.

They just play crazy stuff all game. It wasn't RL!
The 'new' RL hopefully...
Well the Ipswich Jets are basically broke (what's new , you may ask ) Their coaches are the Walker brothers and former Qld SOO player Chris Walker still plays from time to time

One of their assistant coaches is their Colts coach and a former schoolmate of Happy's Mark Bishop

If you are talking about Rod Griffin as the prop he is probably the tiniest props anywhere but he thinks he is 2 metres and 130 kgs and even though he can play a bit pretty he can play it as tough as anyone For me he's my favourite

Parcell the hooker is signed to go to Manly for a couple of years unfortunately

Marmin Barba is similar to his brother

I have big wraps on Carlin Anderson the fullback

I don't get to watch many Jets games unfortunately as I don't live in Ipswich anymore , but they do it different that's for sure and its refreshing

And we have our connections between the WT's and Ipswich

Tommy Raudonikis coached Ipswich in the 80's and a few players have come from Ipswich and played for Wests

Former prop Pat O'Doherty came from the Jets as did another former team mate in Ipswich rep teams Steven Hockings

It would very interesting to see how the Walkers (Ben and Shane ) tactics would go in the NRL

They have had to compensate the lack of size they have in their forwards much like Sheens did

As for the clubs admin I have known Jim Landy and Steven Johnson for many years Steve was a handy footballer in his day and is the Chairman of the Board

Jim Landy is Ipswich Rugby League through and through He has had an involvement with the Norths Tigers before the Jets came along in the early 80's His daughter was married to Brad Chicken a former Ipswich Jets captain and another Happy played with and against (Watto would remember Chiko )

Wayne Wendt is the CEO and has had a lot to do with West End Bulldogs ,another Ipswich club

Hope that helps Barra

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10452
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Thu 17 Sep, 2015 5:41 pm

Rod Griffin is currently on a Broncos Contract, and has been around for a while... He is a very handy footballer and has always been prepared to do the hard work. I think he represented PNG a few times over the years. Griffin and Ricky Thorby [Blackhawks] are 2 frontrowers who never let there teams down.

Brad Chicken was a well liked player HT... He and Andrew Walters were always good for a few laughs on the drink. We should of poached them when we bought over Darren Wolens to the Mighty Tigers!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2062
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Thu 17 Sep, 2015 6:10 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Hope that helps Barra
Thanks Happs.
Tiger Watto wrote:Rod Griffin is currently on a Broncos Contract, and has been around for a while... He is a very handy footballer and has always been prepared to do the hard work. I think he represented PNG a few times over the years. Griffin and Ricky Thorby [Blackhawks] are 2 frontrowers who never let there teams down.quote]

And Watto.

So fellas, reading between the lines, the coaches have had to coach to who they have on board, moreso than sign players that are suitable to their coaching 'style'?

That's the burning question for me!!

I find it all very interesting, so refreshing to see something new amongst all the boring formula footy we watch, it stands out like a gem.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36306
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 17 Sep, 2015 8:28 pm

barra wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Hope that helps Barra
Thanks Happs.
Tiger Watto wrote:Rod Griffin is currently on a Broncos Contract, and has been around for a while... He is a very handy footballer and has always been prepared to do the hard work. I think he represented PNG a few times over the years. Griffin and Ricky Thorby [Blackhawks] are 2 frontrowers who never let there teams down.quote]

And Watto.

So fellas, reading between the lines, the coaches have had to coach to who they have on board, moreso than sign players that are suitable to their coaching 'style'?

That's the burning question for me!!

I find it all very interesting, so refreshing to see something new amongst all the boring formula footy we watch, it stands out like a gem.
By the way Barra you mentioned that Easts didn't choke

Easts choke all the bloody time

My side the Wests Panthers who supported all my life have never lost a GF to Easts and we played 6

They are the chokers

They even choked when the had a couple of ex international superstars with Darren Smith and Steve Renouf

They have nothing on Collingwood and their Colliewobbles trust me

fergiefurr
Member
Member
Posts: 2767
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Fri 18 Sep, 2015 12:09 am

barra wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Hope that helps Barra
Thanks Happs.
Tiger Watto wrote:Rod Griffin is currently on a Broncos Contract, and has been around for a while... He is a very handy footballer and has always been prepared to do the hard work. I think he represented PNG a few times over the years. Griffin and Ricky Thorby [Blackhawks] are 2 frontrowers who never let there teams down.quote]

And Watto.

So fellas, reading between the lines, the coaches have had to coach to who they have on board, moreso than sign players that are suitable to their coaching 'style'?

That's the burning question for me!!

I find it all very interesting, so refreshing to see something new amongst all the boring formula footy we watch, it stands out like a gem.
Griffin has been spoken about as a first grader, I think Bennett even said in the pre season he was in with a big shot. I remember he played Nsw cup for us and always looked good. Perhaps a bit small but didn't lack a motor. Hard to believe he'd be any worse than someone like Buchanan.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5455
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 18 Sep, 2015 11:49 am

Someone willeventually grab the Walkers and get the benefit of their different game and it can't come too soon.
The sooner Bellamys wrestling is gone , the better
I love the fact that they try to make as many situations into a contest for the ball as much as they can. The theory behind some of the stuff they do ( short kick offs etc) is pretty solid.
It's great to watch.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2415
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 18 Sep, 2015 11:54 am

fergiefurr wrote:
barra wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Hope that helps Barra
Thanks Happs.
Tiger Watto wrote:Rod Griffin is currently on a Broncos Contract, and has been around for a while... He is a very handy footballer and has always been prepared to do the hard work. I think he represented PNG a few times over the years. Griffin and Ricky Thorby [Blackhawks] are 2 frontrowers who never let there teams down.quote]

And Watto.

So fellas, reading between the lines, the coaches have had to coach to who they have on board, moreso than sign players that are suitable to their coaching 'style'?

That's the burning question for me!!

I find it all very interesting, so refreshing to see something new amongst all the boring formula footy we watch, it stands out like a gem.
Griffin has been spoken about as a first grader, I think Bennett even said in the pre season he was in with a big shot. I remember he played Nsw cup for us and always looked good. Perhaps a bit small but didn't lack a motor. Hard to believe he'd be any worse than someone like Buchanan.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

I thought Griffin would have developed into a good second row forward for the Tigers. I think he played for the Australian under age team while at Balmain and was a favourite of mine. Good to learn he is playing well.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36306
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 22 Sep, 2015 8:30 pm

Ipswich Jets beat the PNG Hunter 28-12 and will now contest the GF against the Townsville Blackhawks who havea few ex WT's players

Lui ,Pangai ,Humble

True David v Goliath as far as it is financially concerned

Post Reply

Return to “Supporter Groups, Interstate & International Fans”