Just wondering

foreveratiger

Re: Just wondering

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 12:07 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:So just heads up to everyone......don't bother going to Campbelltown Round 5 vs the Sharks as we play at 5:30 and we have a short turnaround from the Eels game. :roll:
The sharks will beat us, unless we do something drastic to change because not much honestly has changed from last year.
There is gods honest truth 'we haven't changed from last year' may have won our first two but we've let in 80 points in doing so and continued on letting in soft tries on our goal line. Yet our coach thinks everything's on track :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
All i keep hearing about are these " defensive structures we had to learn "
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 2:01 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:So just heads up to everyone......don't bother going to Campbelltown Round 5 vs the Sharks as we play at 5:30 and we have a short turnaround from the Eels game. :roll:
It will be interesting how we back up in this one, however with one hour less flying I suppose.
That's the difference in the Sharks game. Yeah, it's the same amount of turnaround, but they don't lose a day flying interstate.
A bit exaggerated loosing a Day flying interstate :roll: . 1st flight out of Sydney 6am and they would arrive 6:20 QLD time and still a whole day for a session in the afternoon.....just ask Geo how quick the planes from Sydney are. :lol:

Really there is no difference with this turnaround , the humidity here and the short turnaround would of added to the fatigue factor but we were our own worst enemies not completing our sets and giving them cheap possession .
The planes are super fast from Sydney to the Gold Coast Depart 1.05pm Arrive 1.20pm...on the way home though the hampsters must be tired leave 10.05 Arrive 12.20pm.....

If it was a North Queensland trip might have more of an issue...

I don't know what it is but I think the turnaround from Monday Night football as a 5 day turnaround has a greater effect from say a Sunday to Friday..think even stats show teams playing the Monday night more often than not lose the following week..not just the Wests Tigers....Might have something to do with Recovery field sessions etc etc being out of whack
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 6:25 pm

foreveratiger wrote:All i keep hearing about are these " defensive structures we had to learn "
This is all palava. It has nothing to do with defensive structures or anything like that. Every first grade team has defensive and offensive structures. The comments regarding this are so stupid it's not funny.

It comes down to simple things - holding onto the ball, not pushing the wrong pass, making some tough tackles, scrambling when a tackle is missed etc.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 6:34 pm

stevetiger wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:All i keep hearing about are these " defensive structures we had to learn "
This is all palava. It has nothing to do with defensive structures or anything like that. Every first grade team has defensive and offensive structures. The comments regarding this are so stupid it's not funny.

It comes down to simple things - holding onto the ball, not pushing the wrong pass, making some tough tackles, scrambling when a tackle is missed etc.
Yes and it was the same game plan from the backend of 2015 and the one that won us the first 2 games this year...Unfortunately we dropped the ball far too often and had. Some bad misses in defence that led to Tiatans tries therefor failed to score more than the Titans...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 6:45 pm

Geo. wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

Yes and it was the same game plan from the backend of 2015 and the one that won us the first 2 games this year...Unfortunately we dropped the ball far too often and had. Some bad misses in defence that led to Tiatans tries therefor failed to score more than the Titans...
Exactly.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 6:54 pm

Possession is the key to the NRL. Very few teams can win a game with less than 50% of the ball and you will never win the possession battle when you keep going for non percentage plays. At present we have gone from a team of five hit ups and a bomb, to a team that thinks they are playing rugby 7s. They have to look at what the Storm do and that is grind,grind and than apply the blow torch.

We just have to find a happy medium between where we were and where we are at now. Most of the signs are good but the next two weeks will answer a lot of questions

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 7:04 pm

I think the style of play is fine and pretty consistent the first 3 weeks. We are playing to our strengths.

You can't heap praise on a team for 2 weeks then bag them for a loss if they are playing the same way in my opinion.

The difference was simple

* Attitude (we were out enthused and tired quicker)
* Execition (we turned over cheap ball)

We didn't have it. I don't think it was much to do with playing too much razzle dazzle. I think were just having lapses and its due to youthful exuberence and lack of concentration.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 7:21 pm

I don't think it had a thing to do with razzle dazzle. I think we just executed poorly. I don't want to crucify Brooks but I think he made a tonne of mistakes out there. Woods was right with him as was Lawrence. Tedesco wasn't really that far behind either.

It's the individual dumb or poor plays that lost us the game.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 7:36 pm

Eddie wrote:I think the style of play is fine and pretty consistent the first 3 weeks. We are playing to our strengths.

You can't heap praise on a team for 2 weeks then bag them for a loss if they are playing the same way in my opinion.

The difference was simple

* Attitude (we were out enthused and tired quicker)
* Execition (we turned over cheap ball)

We didn't have it. I don't think it was much to do with playing too much razzle dazzle. I think were just having lapses and its due to youthful exuberence and lack of concentration.
personally i think we got carried away.

70 points in 2 games, another 10 very fast, away from home. a young team quickly thinks theyre top s*** and can do whatever they want. they start pushing a pass or two here and there, take their eyes off the ball and boom youre on your try line and theyre up 12-10 with all the momentum.

offense is where we lost that game funnily enough. defence was okay but had a couple big lapses that made it look like trash
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 8:01 pm

Yeah our defensive structure was great until it became the only thing we did for long periods and the boys fatigued, lost their shape and couldn't complete the 1%ers that they were doing earlier.

We certainly lost it with the ball. The defence letting in 30 points was a byproduct of our poor attack.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 8:12 pm

Some of the errors was just individual mistakes.

Woods dropped a ball cold and Lawrence 2 drops were pretty soft.

Brooks took a few loose options.

We main anger from the game was at 10-6 not taking the 2 points and composing ourselves

It nearly cost us agains the Warriors and it changed the whole momentum here as we made a cheap error, they scored and we never saw the ball again.