Tim Simona facing three week ban!

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2710
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Tim Simona facing three week ban!

Post by Telltails » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 3:10 pm

Just heard that he is facing a three week ban. Is that due to carry over points, surely not for that tackle? Got to contest it if so. We need him on the weekend.


Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5622
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 3:20 pm

If he does not play on the weekend either Chance Peni or Michael Chee Kam have to take his place.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3709
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 3:20 pm

Telltails wrote:Just heard that he is facing a three week ban. Is that due to carry over points, surely not for that tackle? Got to contest it if so. We need him on the weekend.
2 weeks if he pleads guilty. 3 weeks if fights and loses. Has non similar offence in last 2 years so 20% loading.

User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 12035
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 3:24 pm

Don't stress guys, Nathan Milone is standing in the wings :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5500
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 3:25 pm

If Simona gets suspended at all I will fly across the country and burn NRL headquarters to the ground. There was nothing he could do- he had 2 blokes behind him forcing down to the ground onto the bloke with the ball.
Simona just needs to tell the judiciary he plays for the Roosters and it will all be sweet....have any of their players been suspended in the last few seasons?


User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3709
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 3:28 pm

You need to remember that the grading goes up by 2 levels because he is wearing a tigers jersey

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6933
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 3:28 pm

So Martin Taupau got 1 week for a deliberate shot on Jack Bird's head, with Bird sustaining a concussion.
Tim Simona accidentally falls on Bird's shoulder, with Bird fine to play on, and gets 3 weeks...

Once again one team gets a preferential treatment and another gets screwed over...
Last edited by Sabre on Mon 04 Apr, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10156
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 3:28 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Don't stress guys, Nathan Milone is standing in the wings :lol:
He's the next Steve Renouf ... Just ask happy :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40865
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 3:44 pm

Sabre wrote:So Martin Taupau got 1 week for a deliberate shot on Jack Bird's head, with Bird sustaining a concussion.
Tim Simona accidentally falls on Bird's shoulder, with Bird fine to play on, and gets 3 weeks...

Once again one team gets a preferential treatment and another gets screwed over...
Probably worth fighting the grading , it was a nothing tackle

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2710
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 3:50 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sabre wrote:So Martin Taupau got 1 week for a deliberate shot on Jack Bird's head, with Bird sustaining a concussion.
Tim Simona accidentally falls on Bird's shoulder, with Bird fine to play on, and gets 3 weeks...

Once again one team gets a preferential treatment and another gets screwed over...
Probably worth fighting the grading , it was a nothing tackle
Parramatta challenged Manu Ma'u's crusher tackle charge against us the week before and got off - definitely worth defending.

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 4:03 pm

The NRL are kidding if he gets a suspension over that Incident...
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29381
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 4:03 pm

I knew it...we will roll over...

Simona charged by Match Review Committee

Dan Talintyre

Date - 2nd of April 2016

Wests Tigers centre Tim Simona has been charged by the Match Review Committee following the Club's Round 5 match against the Cronulla Sharks on Saturday.

Simona has been hit with a Grade 2 Dangerous Contact - Head/Neck charge from a tackle on Jack Bird in the 77th minute of the match, attracting a 250-point charge.

The centre will miss two matches if he takes the early guilty plea, or could miss three matches if he fights the charge and loses at the Judiciary. The Club has until 12:00pm Tuesday to enter a plea for Simona and has not done so as of Monday afternoon.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... by_ma.html
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40865
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 4:11 pm

Geo. wrote:I knew it...we will roll over...

Simona charged by Match Review Committee

Dan Talintyre

Date - 2nd of April 2016

Wests Tigers centre Tim Simona has been charged by the Match Review Committee following the Club's Round 5 match against the Cronulla Sharks on Saturday.

Simona has been hit with a Grade 2 Dangerous Contact - Head/Neck charge from a tackle on Jack Bird in the 77th minute of the match, attracting a 250-point charge.

The centre will miss two matches if he takes the early guilty plea, or could miss three matches if he fights the charge and loses at the Judiciary. The Club has until 12:00pm Tuesday to enter a plea for Simona and has not done so as of Monday afternoon.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... by_ma.html
If we do the person who makes that call should be sacked

After the Taupau tackle every club should challenge every grading , the NRL will back the grading down , they don't want the attention on the ineptitude of the grading system

User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1331
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 4:11 pm

Gotta be worth contesting the grading. Grade 1 would I think see him play next week.

TopTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue 20 Aug, 2013 3:03 pm

Post by TopTiger » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 4:19 pm

One word "Joke"!! No consistency in grading. Has to fight the charge as the majority who do get off or have the charge downgraded!!

Chevy
Member
Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri 04 Apr, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by Chevy » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 4:19 pm

What a joke !

Bengal Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 231
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by Bengal Tiger » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 4:21 pm

Definitely fight it, not much he could really do.
It's the players behind tim pushing down on him. If we dont fight the charge that will do me!!!!

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6933
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 4:28 pm

The Match Review Committee and the Judiciary are 2 different things. This is why we are seeing so many downgraded charges lately. A better system would be having the judiciary review the findings of the MRC and then decide if a player has a case to answer to or not.
For example the MRC have charged Simona with a Grade 2 Dangerous Contact - Head/Neck charge. The Judiciary should now be able to review it and decide whether to proceed with the hearing or whether to drop the charge. It would save a lot of people a lot of time.

Post Reply