Blame Taylor if you want, but remember.....

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Blame Taylor if you want, but remember.....

Post by sheer64 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 12:29 pm

Need to make changes, and even if they don't come off sends a message to the players dropped.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 1:33 pm

cktiger wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
Eddie wrote:Your right,,

Our first 2 games even though we played flashy football there were some really good Charges to set up our playes

It was Woods followed by Grant followed by Sue running really hard and tough.

We were earning the right to play flashy football by getting over the advantage line.
We also had quick service from dummy half - to be honest the best we have looked was when we had Littlejohn at half and Cherrington at hooker with Moses running the show.
Think you have selective memory loss.
As soon as Cherrington came on in the first game we went backwards - same again in the second game.
Oddly enough in both those games we went better with Halatau at hooker.
Cherrington is not ready yet - and we already have too many others in the team playing in the same boat.

Oddly enough, I think memory loss is not selective as Halatau only played in one of those games, and it is really sad that the half playing at nine to start off our year provided much crisper service than that of the past few weeks.

Whilst you are one of Farah's staunchest supporters and I have been way on the other side since Gordigate, even you must admit that he is now terrible (having never been much good) at getting reasonable service to our forwards, let alone halves. He is a good defender and way ahead of our alternatives in that area, but gee his is so slow and taking a number of runs on the fourth yesterday for no good reason, leaving us with someone else scrambling to dummy half, rather than being there on the all important last play, was very poor judgement.

Robbie has been good for us, but one quality game in the last couple of years is all we have had, and whilst I am loath to wish ill on anyone, I must admit to hoping that he was going to be out for the initially reported six months when injured this preseason.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 2:57 pm

formerguest wrote:
cktiger wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
Eddie wrote:Your right,,

Our first 2 games even though we played flashy football there were some really good Charges to set up our playes

It was Woods followed by Grant followed by Sue running really hard and tough.

We were earning the right to play flashy football by getting over the advantage line.
We also had quick service from dummy half - to be honest the best we have looked was when we had Littlejohn at half and Cherrington at hooker with Moses running the show.
Think you have selective memory loss.
As soon as Cherrington came on in the first game we went backwards - same again in the second game.
Oddly enough in both those games we went better with Halatau at hooker.
Cherrington is not ready yet - and we already have too many others in the team playing in the same boat.

Oddly enough, I think memory loss is not selective as Halatau only played in one of those games, and it is really sad that the half playing at nine to start off our year provided much crisper service than that of the past few weeks.

Whilst you are one of Farah's staunchest supporters and I have been way on the other side since Gordigate, even you must admit that he is now terrible (having never been much good) at getting reasonable service to our forwards, let alone halves. He is a good defender and way ahead of our alternatives in that area, but gee his is so slow and taking a number of runs on the fourth yesterday for no good reason, leaving us with someone else scrambling to dummy half, rather than being there on the all important last play, was very poor judgement.

Robbie has been good for us, but one quality game in the last couple of years is all we have had, and whilst I am loath to wish ill on anyone, I must admit to hoping that he was going to be out for the initially reported six months when injured this preseason.
Funny - I didn't mention Farah in my comment - you certainly turned that one around.
My comment was in relation to the team running better this year when Cherrington came on - which didn't happen.
I just don't think Cherrington is ready for big minutes at the top level - and he hasn't really proven otherwise.
As for Farah , please let me reserve my own right to comment on whether he was terrible or not.