Nathan Milone

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Nathan Milone

Post by jctiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 9:47 am

Newtown wrote:I wonder what will be the reaction if on Tuesday Milone is again selected in the firsts run on team by our esteemed coach?
At least we will know then that Taylor's intentions are only to be a short term coach.

So hopefully Millne gets picked !

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 10:18 am

wd in perth wrote:
Milky wrote:I thought Rankin was worse, his positioning and defence is shocking.

Rankin missed the tackle on Uate and was out of position for a few passes
I thought Rankin was reasonable. Stopping Uate is hard at best of times. Stopping him close to the line, one on one must be a nightmare.

Milone - showed nothing as expected.
Fair enough, i just thought that Rankin bombed a few

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 11:05 am

I dont see why he wouldn't be picked again...especially when the other centre was just as bad if not worse.

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 11:07 am

If you think yesterday was bad - remember he was only marking up against the Jaelen Feeney who is probably the closest thing possible going around in the NRL to Milone.

If he gets picked the next 2 games whilst Simona is out he's facing- Will Chambers then Joey Leilua. Both of those guys should be a much tougher assignment than Feeney.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 11:46 am

He was off contract at the end of last season. He was asked to train and trial for a contract, along with a few others. Why is he still so high up on the pecking order?

Heleta, Peni or Chee Kam have to start next week. Milone needs time to develop in Ron Massey. Every player needs to earn their spot in first grade and he hasn't. Nothing against him personally, he shouldn't be selected. I don't care who he's friends with. If there's not level playing field for selections we'll see a bunch of our talented fringe players leave for the opportunity they thought they'd get.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 11:52 am

Balmain Boy wrote:He was off contract at the end of last season. He was asked to train and trial for a contract, along with a few others. Why is he still so high up on the pecking order?

Heleta, Peni or Chee Kam have to start next week. Milone needs time to develop in Ron Massey. Every player needs to earn their spot in first grade and he hasn't. Nothing against him personally, he shouldn't be selected. I don't care who he's friends with. If there's not level playing field for selections we'll see a bunch of our talented fringe players leave for the opportunity they thought they'd get.
Hence Marion Seve leaving...

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 12:13 pm

tsjonathan wrote:I dont see why he wouldn't be picked again...especially when the other centre was just as bad if not worse.
:roll
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 1:18 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
851 wrote:It is not Milone's fault, he is ordinary no doubt and should never be selected again, blame the idiot coach who picks him and some other nuffies, he is the one giving us no chance to win.
Absolutely. If someone gives a blind man a chainsaw and asks him to chop down a tree but he cuts his leg off instead do you blame the blind man or the moron who put him in that situation in the first place?
Having said that, the lack of effort and commitment that Pat Milone showed in getting back to attempt to stop the Knights 1st try was bloody pathetic.....if you don't wanna put in for our club then rack off.
One can only hope we put the blind chainsaw guy in the side next week ahead of Milone.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 2:28 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
851 wrote:It is not Milone's fault, he is ordinary no doubt and should never be selected again, blame the idiot coach who picks him and some other nuffies, he is the one giving us no chance to win.
Absolutely. If someone gives a blind man a chainsaw and asks him to chop down a tree but he cuts his leg off instead do you blame the blind man or the moron who put him in that situation in the first place?
Having said that, the lack of effort and commitment that Pat Milone showed in getting back to attempt to stop the Knights 1st try was bloody pathetic.....if you don't wanna put in for our club then rack off.
One can only hope we put the blind chainsaw guy in the side next week ahead of Milone.
Yeah, unlike Milone they'll probably try to steer well clear of him - this guy could do some serious damage out wide..!

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 3:01 pm

tsjonathan wrote:I dont see why he wouldn't be picked again...especially when the other centre was just as bad if not worse.
SO just to clarify - you would drop FroZone....

That centre who played 24 games for us last year, who just cracked 50 games in First grade, and who has scored 4 tries in the first 6 games of the year this season, who consistently punches above his weight for dirty hitups, tackle busts, and throws himself at edge runners in defense with zero regard for his own body?

You mean that guy?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 3:04 pm

Naiqama had one bad game, he's been good for us more often than not.

I'm not dropping him.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 3:25 pm

underdog wrote:
SO just to clarify - you would drop FroZone....

That centre who played 24 games for us last year, who just cracked 50 games in First grade, and who has scored 4 tries in the first 6 games of the year this season, who consistently punches above his weight for dirty hitups, tackle busts, and throws himself at edge runners in defense with zero regard for his own body?

You mean that guy?

No, I wouldn't. just saying a lot of players also had a bad game. Not defending Milone, far from it. But just saying I don't think Milone will be dropped before everyone gets annoyed hes picked again on Tuesday

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 3:27 pm

I wouldn't be dropping Kev on one mediocre game.
He tried his guts out taking dirty hit ups and tackled with more vigour than most of the forwards.
Just had an off day in attack.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 3:55 pm

I'm not Milone's biggest fan. Heleta or Peni next week. Peni if it were my choice I think.

But, I'm not privvy to what goes on at training. perhaps Milone is a standout at training.

I am not going to call for wholesale changes. It would be nice to have a centre able to fashion out opportunities for Rankin who had what I thought was his best game this season.

It'll still come down to the forwards though. momentum. Without it, they won't get close to Melbourne.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 4:17 pm

Yeah, I dont rate Milone.

I think the reason he gets a run is that by all reports he does all the right things off the field.

When there is no clear option, coaches go with the bloke doing the little things right.

The thing for me is, that I reckon he has actually got worse each year since SG Ball. Im surprised he keeps getting picked. Ive been writing him off for years.

Perspective though. Our much more highly rated right edge had more opportunity and did worse with it on the weekend. So I dont think Milone was the reason we lost.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 5:11 pm

Not knocking him personally but how does a player of such little pace, footwork, size, natural football talent/nous make first grade in his position in this day and age?
It absolutely boggles my mind

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 5:30 pm

TIGER wrote:Not knocking him personally but how does a player of such little pace, footwork, size, natural football talent/nous make first grade in his position in this day and age?
Easy, become best mates with young up and coming "superstars" who make it clear to the club during contract negotiations you are their best mate

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 5:36 pm

TIGER wrote:Not knocking him personally but how does a player of such little pace, footwork, size, natural football talent/nous make first grade in his position in this day and age?
He was a very good junior. Played Aus schools I think. Just hasnt progressed.

Once in the system, he apparently is the does all the off field stuff well, so they keep him.

But you look at what he does and it is hard to see how he got thsi far.

I respect what he has achieved, but still, I dont think he has it.