What should the club do?

gallagher

Re: What should the club do?

Post by gallagher » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:45 pm

Sack taylor, not now tho, wait til about round 22.
Employ someone who's never coached first grade before.
Sack 6 or 7 players.
Contract 6 or 7 reserve graders.
Reinstate Farah as captain.
Play all games at LO and CSS in ensure our financial future.
Sorted.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 2:25 pm

Hopefully this loss will break the bone of the selectors and force radical changes, i.e. Farah, Brooks, Moses, Sironen to NSW cup.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

haberfield tiger

Post by haberfield tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 6:27 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
haberfield tiger wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Taylor losing the Farah battle really ruined his entire plan. I feel for him tbh. I would have done exactly what he did. Granted I'd have been selecting different players, but I'd have tried to get rid of Farah as well.
it will soon be Farah 3 - dead coaches 0... Hes been white anting from last year. Toxic...
The rot starts at the top , the Wests Tigers board should be ousted first , they were the ones who gave Taylor permission to try and oust Farah .
The board were the ones that appointed Taylor .

Although I've never ever rated Taylor , did Farah have a problem with Taylor when Taylor was first Appointed ??
The entire club is a basket case !
Farah has a problem with every coach... while hes there we will be a basket case... Farah should of been moved on in pre season, oh thats right no other club wanted our state of orgin hooker for a bargain basement price... geez i wonder why...

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 6:48 pm

haberfield tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
haberfield tiger wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Taylor losing the Farah battle really ruined his entire plan. I feel for him tbh. I would have done exactly what he did. Granted I'd have been selecting different players, but I'd have tried to get rid of Farah as well.
it will soon be Farah 3 - dead coaches 0... Hes been white anting from last year. Toxic...
The rot starts at the top , the Wests Tigers board should be ousted first , they were the ones who gave Taylor permission to try and oust Farah .
The board were the ones that appointed Taylor .

Although I've never ever rated Taylor , did Farah have a problem with Taylor when Taylor was first Appointed ??
The entire club is a basket case !
Farah has a problem with every coach... while hes there we will be a basket case... Farah should of been moved on in pre season, oh thats right no other club wanted our state of orgin hooker for a bargain basement price... geez i wonder why...
Farah had the CEO's support with what happened pre season ,Taylor's boss is Farahs mate..So reality is what credentialed coach would come anywhere near this club..only the bottom feeders!.

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 12:35 am

Why do people have such a hard time dealing with Farah?

Does he try and be to bossy and take on a coaching role? Is he that much of a difficult personality to deal with? Does he get on with other players and just have issues with the coach?

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 3:59 am

gallagher wrote:Sack taylor, not now tho, wait til about round 22.
Employ someone who's never coached first grade before.
Sack 6 or 7 players.
Contract 6 or 7 reserve graders.
Reinstate Farah as captain.
Play all games at LO and CSS in ensure our financial future.
Sorted.
I am amazed at this call for Farah to be captain but welcome it. It seems accepted opinion that he tried to discipline them when was capt and they weren't pulling their weight. They need someone with authority not just one of the boys. I have been told privately and publicly that Woods leads by example - unfortunately the wrong example, we need a tackling machine example. Both Woods and Farah hog the ball a bit and make similar yards.

I would even go further and make him provisional coach for about 4 weeks, his pride will be on the line and a chance to improve on the previous coach - maybe he would love the challenge.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 5:59 am

Sack somebody! Anybody. Ahhh I feel better now.

Clear the salary cap mess. Work very hard to find TPA funding sources and market the Wests Tigers brand.

Get WT in a position to afford to compete on the player market. That will give us options so we don't have to rely on bringing through juniors with 'potential'.

From my perspective, if I spent my youth being told that I was going to be the next big thing. By the time I was a young adult, I'd believe it.
"Quality Stupidity"

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 6:09 am

install Farah as captain? huh?? we've been belted with him as captain before, we've played completely uncommitted with him as captain before and under 2 prior coaches.......that just seems like going backwards to me

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 6:16 am

Nothing like always

kiwitiger

Post by kiwitiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 8:23 am

Close the doors, give back the licence and give someone else a go. Then I can go back to being a normal person who does not sit down and watch his god damn awful footy team run around, when I knows it's going to make me angry and ruin my nights sleep.
Seriously, I can't see us turning this around at all. We will most likely always be cellar dwellers, as I feel there are no quick fixes. In fact I feel no one really knows how to fix this club / that interested in fixing it. And that makes me sad

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:02 am

What a farce. The players need the law laid down to them. The only thing these clowns should say to the coach is "yes, coach" or how would you like me to carry out your instructions, coach?"

JT should have absolute control over player selections as he is accountable for their performance. Failure to drop players should then result in he himself being dropped, and threatened so if he is unwilling to do so. "Say hi to your new teammates in NSW Cup" should be standard. "Lift your game or suffer the consequences" should be a mantra at WT.

Anything less than two droppings after a bad loss is unacceptable. Oh how i wish i could run the place! They'd hate me but that's what they need.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:08 am

The club is a mess

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 7:07 pm

Tiga89 wrote:Why do people have such a hard time dealing with Farah?

Does he try and be to bossy and take on a coaching role? Is he that much of a difficult personality to deal with? Does he get on with other players and just have issues with the coach?
D) all of the above

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2016 7:13 pm

Tiga89 wrote:Why do people have such a hard time dealing with Farah?

No idea. Lot's of people on here appear to know him very well though.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 1:59 pm

A little rationality kicks in after a couple of days I feel.

That was an awful performance, no doubt.

The problems, as I see them:

Both Brooks & Moses are targeted, and fail often, in defense. Physically, they are small, so the failing I understand. What is clear is that they need some protection in defense. Enter Joel Edwards. I think he should play that "protector' role, probably for Moses. He's probably the most capable option. The other option is Lovett, who i personally think is travelling ok. Maybe he should be the bench option, coming on to do the 'protection' in that middle 3rd of the game we are losing so badly. Of course, Elijah Taylor would be a big help here.

The forward momentum we had in games 1 & 2 is dwindling. Woods, Grant & Sue formed a very damaging trio in the middle early. The Tigers need to get back to that, with Ava off the bench. With Woods out, I'd be playing Sue & Grant at the start with Ava coming off the bench. That 4th prop position, or the lock position, needs another damaging runner. Sue at lock has worked. They need to get that balance in attack together.

Forwards & their defense. Last week the Tigers stood & waited for Canberra to run at them. This has become an increasing issue over the last few weeks. The backs rush up, but the forwards are not. Farah in particular is bad at this- he might be making the stat tackle, but it's 10m from the play of the ball & being pushed back. This only assists the opposition's ability to get forward momentum.

Sironen's defense. It's awful. If he's not missing tackles, he's turned around, or giving up penalties. He's a bench forward right now. Maybe. He should be used to spell Lawrence.

Halatau can't be in the team with Farah. They offer the same thing- stat tackles. But they make zero impact in defense. It's one or the other.

The speed at the play of the ball. A combination of no forward momentum, losing the 'wrestle' & slow service out of dummy half is just setting the next forward up to get smashed, or putting the halves in a lateral attack instead of running at the opposition. I believe Cherrington is a better option in regard to getting the ball out quickly, also a sharper runner from dummy half. On top of that, he doesn't overplay his hand, taking away ball handles from the halves.

The halves- they need some blame. I can handle the errors to be honest, but they simply need to learn how to sustain an attack. Repeat sets. And they have to learn to drop the kill shot & let the athletes outside them BE athletes. I can't remember the last time Simona was given the ball in an attacking position & asked to beat his man. Kev is very good 1 on 1. So is Nofa. Simona is better than both, but sees far less of the ball.

It's easy to point at the team & call for Taylor's head. It's easy to say the players are not good enough. Fact is, this is STILL a developing team. That doesn't excuse them that Canberra performance, but if you put a bit of perspective toward it, maybe everything isn't doom & gloom, maybe Taylor isn't the worst coach & maybe there is something to work with in the halves.

Lastly- CUT DOWN REPEAT PENALTIES. With a lack of forward momentum, and a soft defense (no desire to run up & stop them at the play of the ball), the last thing you can do is give a team back to back penalties & be down in your 20 with 6 tackles to play with. And yet- it happens all the time. Sue, Sironen & Lovett are my biggest offenders here, but Woods & Grant have their moments too. It's DUMB play. Dumber than a lot of the errors our halves are being tagged with.

Anyway, that's what I think should be done..