Will Taylor rest Farah again?

RBG

Will Taylor rest Farah again?

Post by RBG » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 11:44 am

My bet is that he is too much of a coward to do it this time seeing as though the season is on the line against the Storm. Interesting times ahead.

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 11:52 am

Farah isn't an 80 minute player any more, at least not in attack. He'll do better work from the 25-30 minute mark, especially backing up from origin. With ET tightening up the middle defence, there's less need for Farah in the early stages.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 11:53 am

RBG wrote:My bet is that he is too much of a coward to do it this time seeing as though the season is on the line against the Storm. Interesting times ahead.
If the first charge is going well then why bring Robbie on at all, presumably they are all younger and have 80 minute legs. When you are on a good thing stick to it.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 11:57 am

I think he will stick with Farah on the bench - this is a no brainer with his SOO duty, it's a move that everyone is expecting. On the other hand, JT could even not play him at all, just like he did after last SOO, however he has no back up hooker and playing ET at dummy half again would be really dumb.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 12:02 pm

Start from bench.

What gets missed in the whole "resting" issue of the Roosters match was that Farah copped a nasty concussion in the match before SOO. If no injury concerns following Wednesday night, expect him to start from the bench.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 12:07 pm

RBG wrote:My bet is that he is too much of a coward to do it this time seeing as though the season is on the line against the Storm. Interesting times ahead.
He'll probably just pick the team he thinks will do the job and not give a crap whether you think he's a "coward" for doing it.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 12:29 pm

A lot will have to do with how Farah pulls up after Origin ...the Wests Tigers High Performance unit will have their say as they will with Woods..

Moving forward it's what's best in the longer term than just 1 game..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

willow

Post by willow » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 12:30 pm

Going by your email address you clearly have an agenda against Taylor. I'd be careful about spruiking your agenda on here as it won't assist in your longevity on here. Having said that, the smart thing will be to play Farah off the bench again. The game isn't until Sunday so Farah will have a couple of days to rest up.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 12:44 pm

Taylor a coward, hardly mate, maybe stubborn and maybe single minded but he is not a coward. Played a squillion games of NRL in a era where cheap shots were the go and was the smallest bloke on the park, and since he took over the job at the JV he has been up front in what he is about.

You may think he is a hopeless coach and plenty would agree with you but mate he is no Coward and maybe you just might find the Coward by looking in the mirror.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 1:03 pm

supercoach wrote:
Taylor a coward, hardly mate, maybe stubborn and maybe single minded but he is not a coward. Played a squillion games of NRL in a era where cheap shots were the go and was the smallest bloke on the park, and since he took over the job at the JV he has been up front in what he is about.

You may think he is a hopeless coach and plenty would agree with you but mate he is no Coward and maybe you just might find the Coward by looking in the mirror.
burned

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 1:21 pm

My opinion is trha He shouldn't

Its not worth the ongoing negative publicity and he is still the best hooker we have at the club.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 1:21 pm

supercoach wrote:

Spot on. Let JT coach his own way. The team have responded well over the past month. Lets see how we go for the remainder of the year.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 1:24 pm

JT is certainly a man of conviction.

He has made it clear that he wishes to emulate the structure and culture of Defensive teams that have won comps over the last few years (in particular the roosters under robinson)

The Flashy stuff is extra.

I would love to see the club this time next year if we continue on this trajectory.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 1:33 pm

Lol @Taylor being a coward. He may be a lot of things, but a coward is not one of them.

marzie

Post by marzie » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 1:51 pm

If he is fit after origin pretty confident he will be coming off the bench again. He rested him for legitimate reasons after last origin

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 1:54 pm

What a stupid post.

JT a coward would be close to quote of the year.

I can't see Farah starting especially after SOO and a trip to Melbourne and how he is struggling to play 80mins.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 2:16 pm

I think he will probably play, I just think the team needs Taylor in that first receiver role and not dummy half. Also as good as Melbourne are they do not physically bash you. Anyway in years gone by you would not think of going into a game without him now it is a option that can be considered.

4pm kick off on Sunday is a pretty good break from a Wed night game, so i would be surprised if he doesn't get a run off the bench

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 2:16 pm

greatodensraven wrote:
supercoach wrote:

Spot on. Let JT coach his own way. The team have responded well over the past month. Lets see how we go for the remainder of the year.

Got to agree raven,playing RF off the bench would be the most sensible way to go,especially seeing how well he played when coming on...for all anybody knows Farah maybe enjoying this plan that JT has for him..as I have said before " let the coach--coach, everyone else can please themselves" team and coach both have to contribute for this club to be successful ,I think we are on that path.....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D