Player stats from tonight

willow

Player stats from tonight

Post by willow » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 8:48 pm

1. Tedesco - 133 metres in attack, 2 line breaks, 2 try assists, 7 tackle breaks, 7 tackles, 3 missed tackles

2. Nofoaluma - 182 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 4 tackle breaks, 7 tackles, 2 missed tackles

3. Simona - 139 metres in attack, 2 tries, 13 tackles, 2 missed tackles

4. Naiqama - 87 metres in attack, 22 tackles, 4 missed tackles

5. Rankin - 88 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 5 tackle breaks, 6 tackles

6. Moses - 29 metres in attack, 1 line break, 1 try assist, 15 tackles, 5 missed tackles

7. Brooks - 20 metres in attack, 14 tackles, 4 missed tackles

8. Woods (50 minutes) - 120 metres in attack, 30 tackles, 1 missed tackle

9. Halatau (18 minutes) - 11 tackles, 1 missed tackle

10. Sue (51 minutes) - 97 metres in attack, 1 line break, 1 try assist, 29 tackles

11. Aloiai (40 minutes) - 28 metres in attack, 13 tackles, 5 missed tackles

12. Lawrence (70 minutes) - 120 metres in attack, 1 line break, 1 try assist, 3 tackle breaks, 28 tackles, 3 missed tackles

13. Taylor (56 minutes) - 61 metres in attack, 39 tackles, 2 missed tackles

14. Grant (38 minutes) - 83 metres in attack, 15 tackles

15. Seumanufagai (49 minutes) - 128 metres in attack, 25 tackles

16. Farah (63 minutes) - 76 metres in attack, 1 try, 22 tackles, 2 missed tackles

17. Lovett (52 minutes) - 75 metres in attack, 26 tackles

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 8:54 pm

Cut down the mistackles and we're close to finals bound

lathami

Post by lathami » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 9:02 pm

Aloiai look better on a salad than a football field. Another love child of the scarecrow, but you know he's a really good trainer and everybody is competing for spots!!!
Horrible stats 28 meters, 5 missed tackle out of 14. But he will be there next week. Felise is a much better option, move Taylor to second row in defence, sue to lock, Felise on the bench!

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 9:09 pm

lathami wrote:Aloiai look better on a salad than a football field. Another love child of the scarecrow, but you know he's a really good trainer and everybody is competing for spots!!!
Horrible stats 28 meters, 5 missed tackle out of 14. But he will be there next week. Felise is a much better option, move Taylor to second row in defence, sue to lock, Felise on the bench!
Yeah that's an awesome idea, move our best defender with the highest workrate out onto an edge.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 9:14 pm

lathami wrote:Aloiai look better on a salad than a football field. Another love child of the scarecrow, but you know he's a really good trainer and everybody is competing for spots!!!
It has been hard to agree with much you have written of late, but I am with you on this one. If Sirro had dished up these sorts of efforts as part of his eighty minutes, let alone if he only had to put in for only thirty to forty minutes, the guy would have been castigated on here.

I don't mind Josh, but see much more value in Sirro if used in the cameo like role that our starting backrower is playing.

lathami

Post by lathami » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 9:19 pm

Nelson wrote:
Yeah that's an awesome idea, move our best defender with the highest workrate out onto an edge.
I hear you but have him defending with Moses he/we need the help, that our weakness!
Taylor ball playing in the middle in attack but defending with Moses...

krayola

Post by krayola » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 10:38 pm

formerguest wrote:
It has been hard to agree with much you have written of late, but I am with you on this one. If Sirro had dished up these sorts of efforts as part of his eighty minutes, let alone if he only had to put in for only thirty to forty minutes, the guy would have been castigated on here.

I don't mind Josh, but see much more value in Sirro if used in the cameo like role that our starting backrower is playing.
Except that Sirro has been in the team for 4-5 seasons now and continued to produce efforts that aren't that much better. Josh was better earlier in the year and a bit like Lovett did, has seemingly hit the rookie wall. Still, wouldn't be surprised if Sirro returns and takes Aloai's spot
One of my sources is Pascoe

stevied

Post by stevied » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 11:00 pm

There are some interesting stats there. Nofo and Ava topped the metres in the backs and forwards and they both had excellent games. However, the impact of a forward cannot be judged merely on total metres. For instance, Woods ran further than Sue but, in my opinion, his runs were vastly inferior. Jessie was the Tiger's best forward because he bent the line with his speed and aggression. In contrast, Woods jogged up and played the ball slowly. Regarding Alouai, his metres were well down but he did make one or two excellent offloads early on. Was he off the field for a long time?
Last edited by stevied on Sat 02 Jul, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 11:08 pm

Lovett and Rankin are starting to grow on me.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 2:45 am

7. Brooks - 20 metres in attack, 14 tackles, 4 missed tackles

I was saying to my mate the whole game (missed first mins voting) where is Brooks? He was like the oranges guy at half time that stayed on. Moses was everywhere including one shocker missed tackle but he gave his best.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 5:50 am

Aloiai (40 minutes) - 28 metres in attack, 13 tackles, 5 missed tackles
Those stats are pretty bad

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 8:08 am

Sirro was getting similar stats to Aloiai. I wonder if it's something to do with the way we play.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 8:22 am

Missed tackles aside Halatau needs to retire before the next game

Its killing the rotation bench when he doesnt come back on
The boys were out on their feet yesterday but did well for each other to hang in

everett

Post by everett » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 8:43 am

Aloiai is 20 years old and playing his first season of NRL. It would be hard each week with the grind of NRL for a young forward to play a high level for the whole season.

I would give him a rest or put him on the bench and let Lovett start.

I have seen enough of Aloiai to suggest he will become a very good NRL player and hope with us.

Big fan of Dene but can't wait until he retires and JJ takes his spot.

The bench is really working well.

Ava's stats are impressive and continues to develop as a player.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 9:19 am

Nelson wrote:
ET definitely should be playing in the middle. He is great and shouldn't be moved.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 9:33 am

stevetiger wrote:Sirro was getting similar stats to Aloiai. I wonder if it's something to do with the way we play.
Sirro has a bigger motor and was making more than 30 tackles per game. I am a big fan of Aloiai, I think he will really kick on next year. If Sirro can get his workrate in attack up though, he could get himself back into the picture. Needs to take a leaf out of Rowdy's book and do those hard hitups and work on his line running. Lawrence is averaging over 100 metres in attack. Our only other backrower who gets close is Lovett, and he's only playing between 50-60 minutes.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 9:41 am

Aloiai dints the line in attack and we really targeted Cartwright in defence which is the other side from which Aloiai was playing

I sometimes wonder if people really watch footy games and take what is happening in

Wait until Aloiai builds his motor up

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 9:46 am

Happy - Aloiai does really smash the line when he has the ball. He hits it up hard.

I don't know if he will ever have a good motor though.