With the bye next week

king sirro

With the bye next week

Post by king sirro » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:18 pm

Who out of todays 17 would u make play state cup next week?

For me, theres a few in State cup who should come into contention for our next game and i think it would be good to see if they can out perform the players they are trying to replace.

Players like Taumata, Dwyer, Davis and Akeripa should be close to an NRL call up.

I'd like to see Flanagan, Brown, Waters, Fitzy, and even Ayshford play next weekend. Now im a big fan of Ayshford, but his inability to set up his winger is getting very frustrating. And in dont blame the winger, its clear he has no idea what to do when trying to set up his outside man.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:19 pm

I wouldn't drop Ayshford, on many an occasion nothing was on and even though you said don't blame the winger, having Fitzhenry outside you doesn't help.
Flanagan should be our utility. Brown, Waters and Fitzhenry need to go.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:20 pm

wouldnt risk ayshford...an injury in the centres is all we need...

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:21 pm

Brown and waters to state cup , as for Ayshford yes it definatly is a problem and it doesent matter who the winger is , Ayshford is a great player but thats a big weakness but becomes much more of a weakness whenits TNT or Lote outside him however Ayshford is classy just needs to learn more about centre play

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:26 pm

Lukic wrote:I wouldn't drop Ayshford, on many an occasion nothing was on and even though you said don't blame the winger, having Fitzhenry outside you doesn't help.

i dont see it as dropping him, i see it as him needing more games to try and improve this part of his game. I rate the guy, and want him to succeed, he breaks tackles with ease, but he has no idea how to pass. I do have a small belief that he passes better right to left which suggests he'd improve greatly at left centre. Now im confident Lawrence can be just as good at right centre as he is left, but do we really want to take Lawrence away from Lote? I think most will say no.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:26 pm

king sirro wrote:Who out of todays 17 would u make play state cup next week?
I'd like to see Flanagan, Brown, Waters, Fitzy, and even Ayshford play next weekend. Now im a big fan of Ayshford, but his inability to set up his winger is getting very frustrating. And in dont blame the winger, its clear he has no idea what to do when trying to set up his outside man.
It's difficult to set his outside man when he's never actually waiting on the wing. Numerous times today the ball was spread to Ayshford with no winger outside him.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:29 pm

weststigerman wrote:
It's difficult to set his outside man when he's never actually waiting on the wing. Numerous times today the ball was spread to Ayshford with no winger outside him.
thats right weststigerman, that happened a lot.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:33 pm

tim sheens to coach state cup
Number 1 souffs hater

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:48 pm

stryker wrote:
weststigerman wrote:
thats right weststigerman, that happened a lot.

That happened because Robbie spread the ball just after Fitzy took a hit up. What about the times when he did have support? He just holds the ball in one hand above his head. I really think the guy has something, but this part of his game is becomeing a major problem.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 02 May, 2010 11:36 pm

Hmmm good thread Sirro.....I reckon first grade not on rep duty will get the week off..

Wouldn't Surprise if say Mullaney played for Wests or Hyland played for Balmain....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

BRET

Post by BRET » Sun 02 May, 2010 11:41 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:tim sheens to coach state cup
Noooooooooooooooooo he will stuff up our finals appearance!!
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

SCOB

Post by SCOB » Mon 03 May, 2010 5:58 am

king sirro wrote:
Lukic wrote:I wouldn't drop Ayshford, on many an occasion nothing was on and even though you said don't blame the winger, having Fitzhenry outside you doesn't help.

i dont see it as dropping him, i see it as him needing more games to try and improve this part of his game. I rate the guy, and want him to succeed, he breaks tackles with ease, but he has no idea how to pass. I do have a small belief that he passes better right to left which suggests he'd improve greatly at left centre. Now im confident Lawrence can be just as good at right centre as he is left, but do we really want to take Lawrence away from Lote? I think most will say no.
Sirrro, don't most people pass better right to left? (except lefties) I kinda agree with what your saying, a couple of seasons and Ashford might be our gun lock?? But for now I am not sure we have a better option out there on that side, he often pokes his head through the line when he takes it up, maybe the winger needs to sit in his pocket for the short ball as opposed to the traditional draw and pass.
SCOB by name
SCOB by nature

willow

Post by willow » Mon 03 May, 2010 7:49 am

Geo. wrote:Hmmm good thread Sirro.....I reckon first grade not on rep duty will get the week off..

Wouldn't Surprise if say Mullaney played for Wests or Hyland played for Balmain....
It wouldn't surprise mate. Roqica could turn out for Balmain after playing a few games with them last year too.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 03 May, 2010 8:34 am

For me, theres a few in State cup who should come into contention for our next game and i think it would be good to see if they can out perform the players they are trying to replace.

Players like Taumata, Dwyer, Davis and Akeripa should be close to an NRL call up.

I'd rest Ayshford (still carrying an injury) and the backrow. Everyone else should play NSW Cup. It will be a genuine trial considering it is against Wests & Balmain. I'd even try and squeeze in a few of the 20's like Jay Florimo, Jake Clarke, Jake Mullaney, Junior Riqica and Ben Murdoch.

Arana must play Halfback if he is being considered for NRL over Lazarus...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 03 May, 2010 9:22 am

willow wrote:
Geo. wrote:Hmmm good thread Sirro.....I reckon first grade not on rep duty will get the week off..

It wouldn't surprise mate. Roqica could turn out for Balmain after playing a few games with them last year too.

Junior was picked to harden him up. It worked.

Waters is State Cup standard so pick him there.

Brown & Moors need game time so will be selected. As for the rest stuff them, leave them in first gradeand give them the week off.

The talk of NYC players being forced on the State Cup squads is terrible.

If it is forced I assume Wests would get the 26 ounce fullback and Balmain would get the most innefective running forward since Scott Fulton.

The way I have viewed selections this year State Cup is not a genuine advancement path for Sheens coached sides so leave both sides alone as they need cohesion.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 03 May, 2010 10:00 am

smeghead wrote:
willow wrote:

Junior was picked to harden him up. It worked.

Waters is State Cup standard so pick him there.

Brown & Moors need game time so will be selected. As for the rest stuff them, leave them in first gradeand give them the week off.

The talk of NYC players being forced on the State Cup squads is terrible.

If it is forced I assume Wests would get the 26 ounce fullback and Balmain would get the most innefective running forward since Scott Fulton.

The way I have viewed selections this year State Cup is not a genuine advancement path for Sheens coached sides so leave both sides alone as they need cohesion.
Its a very valid point Smeg. With the history of very few Cup players being considered, why should they be disrupted for the NRL Squad?

With that said, I do think we need some solid searching to settle this team for the next month or 2, so...?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017