tsjonathan wrote:Why did we let TMM go?

6. TMM
7. Moses
two 5/8 in a team usually doesnt work out

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 7:10 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:
Flippedy wrote:I could live without Brooks in our side, tbh. The 18 year old Cleary has already surpassed him in just half a season! I really think we played better with Littlejohn at half and Moses calling the shots at 5/8. Moses is the one who can guide the team around the park and create things. We really just need a consistent half, with a good kicking game and good defence (a la Jeff Robson) and I think Littlejohn can offer that.
Disagree but even with a good half and kicker Moses will still try to take over and stuff things against all but average opponents.
Here is the thing. Moses is really having a go but if often isn't coming off. Brooks isn't making the same amount of mistakes.

Is Moses taking too many opportunities from Brooks ?

Thanks to JT thats whats happening.
Look at Moses kicking every week 1 or more 7 tackle restarts.
Notice to Tedesco rarely cuts through middle anymore.
Too much of Moses really and if you cop 50 and your the chief playmaker the blame falls on you and the coach.
Don't wanna pay to watch this crap really.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 7:51 pm

In American Sports Brooks would be labelled a bust. That is, someone who flashed a lot of potential but failed to live up to expectations in the big leagues. Sooner or later the teams cut their losses and the player gets cut/traded.
Unfortunately I think this will happen to Brooks. The question is when.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 8:08 pm

Since Brookes has come back he has been playing on one leg,however he really does need an attitude adjustment to become more involved,today he was ordinary but so too were alot of his team mates,Moses included.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 8:11 pm

Injury is no excuse. Not bagging him for not being a game changer. He's copping it for not having a go. Big difference.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 8:21 pm

Kavi wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:Why did we let TMM go?

6. TMM
7. Moses
two 5/8 in a team usually doesnt work out
Moses plays halfback, fullback and five-eigth. In the game he's playing halfback half the game at first receiver?

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 8:25 pm

Blaze wrote:Gez you blokes dump on players in an instant... We were always going to get romped by the raiders, our virus infected forward pack were never in the game. Brooks will come of age next year, mark my words. Moses and brooks are the perfect foil for each other, Moses has just matured faster. I for one am looking forward to a new season without the Farah distraction. Brooks has what it takes, and when fully fit will show us the goods.
Bulldust. He has had more than enough time and taken enough of this clubs money to come of age. The bloke hasn't got it.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 8:35 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:
Flippedy wrote:I could live without Brooks in our side, tbh. The 18 year old Cleary has already surpassed him in just half a season! I really think we played better with Littlejohn at half and Moses calling the shots at 5/8. Moses is the one who can guide the team around the park and create things. We really just need a consistent half, with a good kicking game and good defence (a la Jeff Robson) and I think Littlejohn can offer that.
Disagree but even with a good half and kicker Moses will still try to take over and stuff things against all but average opponents.
Here is the thing. Moses is really having a go but if often isn't coming off. Brooks isn't making the same amount of mistakes.

Too much of Moses really and if you cop 50 and your the chief playmaker the blame falls on you and the coach.

Then don't.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:20 pm

Brooks kicked the 40/20 that turned the game last week.

Reality is he and Moses are a long way off the top halves. Moses clearly tries his guts out but there's a lot of bad in his game, but at least he seems to be improving.

Brooks honestly seems to be coasting, not getting really better or worse. Can hardly think of a game he dominated or stepped up. But he's not that bad a half - just an average one.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:23 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:

Then don't.
Didn't think it would be on the menu today mate.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:37 pm

Brooks has failed to convince me plenty of times.

I just thiink he will always he an inconsistent NRL player.

The reports in the pre season were he was one of the un fittest players in the squad. That worried me for a younger player who should be insanely motivated.

I just dont think he wants it as much as some of the greats that drive themselves to greatness.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:46 pm

Brooks has talent however, our game plan revolves around Moses and it is limiting our left edge. I have mentioned this a few times but the coach is to blame here. The form of Brooks, Simona and Lawrence is directly related to them catching cold for most of the game. We have rubbish game plans and rely on Moses fluke plays. he has come good and his future is bright but this is hardly a team game plan.

I would stick with brooks however, I would get a coach that can improve the whole team.

tigers2005

Post by tigers2005 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:58 pm

If its going to be Moses's team then i dont see a place for Brooks. Injury aside, i think his ego has tsken a hit and he is probably in 2 minds. You look at the cowboys and you see Morgan and Coote touch the ball as much as JT even though hc is tbeir superstar. I think our game plan is get the ball to Moses and hope for the best. Because he is getting so many touches its leading to alot of mistakes and too much pressure on him. We need to find that balance. Id be telling him to watch Jt videos and learn from him.

Id have Moses as our half and id bring in Hunt to support. He has a kicking game, can kick goals and being older he can settle things down.

If there was a chance id offload brooks in the off season if anyone would take him and spend that $600k on a centre and a power forward like kane evans.

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 12:31 am

I agree that Brooks has been poor in the last couple of weeks but I think those who are calling for his dismissal from the club are way off the mark. Firstly, there's the time and money already invested in him, secondly there's the home grown product factor and thirdly, he is a legitimate talent who hasn't really settled into being a consistent first grade halfback yet. And for those who will say that he's had enough time to get established, I ask you to look back to his form just before being injured. Many on here were lauding him for his improved maturity and game controlling ability. I really think he was still favoring the knee yesterday and needed more time to build his confidence back again. Also, for the umpteenth time, he was playing behind a forward pack that were overpowered. Give him more time.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 12:51 am

stevied wrote:I agree that Brooks has been poor in the last couple of weeks but I think those who are calling for his dismissal from the club are way off the mark. Firstly, there's the time and money already invested in him, secondly there's the home grown product factor and thirdly, he is a legitimate talent who hasn't really settled into being a consistent first grade halfback yet. And for those who will say that he's had enough time to get established, I ask you to look back to his form just before being injured. Many on here were lauding him for his improved maturity and game controlling ability. I really think he was still favoring the knee yesterday and needed more time to build his confidence back again. Also, for the umpteenth time, he was playing behind a forward pack that were overpowered. Give him more time.
i dont believe it.

a common sense post on here after a bad loss?? :shock: :shock:
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 7:59 am

Inconsistent to say the least. Pulled off some game saving plays last week, was the invisible man this week. Needs to have a more consistent year next year. Doesn't have to be the second coming of Joey, just playing more consistent, take the line on more and not drift out of the game.

Even when Moses was struggling earlier on, he never stopped having a go.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 9:36 am

Like I've said before. I think we've seen him at his best - once. That's simply not good enough and our pack hasn't been beaten every other time. He's a state cup player and not much more.