Restructure ideas

Post any issues or requests with the site here.
Kul
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 38 times

Restructure ideas

Unread post by Kul » Tue 01 Nov, 2016 10:10 am

At the end of every season I try to analyse what went well and what didn't with the forum during season.

I'd like to your feedback and ideas for what can be done better here.

I believe the structure of having individual subforms for each round has worked well for many years and I see no reason to change this, however I've thought of some other ideas that may or may not work.

1 - Dedicated Player Threads.
These threads are created by admins (they can be requested) and there is one per player. While threads and posts can be created about players in the individual Contract, Round or General forums, these individual threads will be a place where people can specifically discuss the player.
Think along the lines of "The Lote Thread"
I think it would be nice to see a complete history of discussions and comments about a player. The thread may start when they are still in the NYC and it may last until they retire, with thousands of posts over a decade or more.

2 - A Newsroom Subforum
A forum where news articles are posted and discussed. I've seen this on other forums. The downside about this idea is that if there are multiple articles about the same topic, posts get lost between threads; is it better that these threads are just merged into one?

3 - A Tipping Subforum
Specifically for you guys who like to do this tipping stuff. I'll also filter these threads from the "Recent Forum Topics" panel on the side of the site, so that it doesn't get clogged up with the millions of comps that you guys run :roll

There are some ideas.
Do you have any more?

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 392 times

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 01 Nov, 2016 11:04 am

Dedicated player thread sounds good in theory......But then Robbie Farah wouldn't be allowed to be brought up in every 3rd thread and that will never do...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

jirskyr
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 132 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Tue 01 Nov, 2016 1:53 pm

Quick questions / comments:

With proposal #1, if someone is posting about a player's weekend performance, do they post in the match section, or the player thread?

Re #2 I reckon leave the news articles as they are, so people can append them to or start the relevant topic.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 01 Nov, 2016 5:40 pm

Probably more of a technical issue, but the forum is extremely slow during games. Not sure if it is because of more traffic or whatever, but that could be something to look into improving next season.

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 1:20 am

I think it all works pretty well barring when we have issues like the Robbie vs The World

One question I had though is why sometimes when you read a thread it says the person who actually started the thread originally and others actually has the last poster ??

Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Bob » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 3:50 am

I too would also prefer it tells you the last person to make a post rather than the original user. This would help immensely when two people are just having a go at each other I wouldn't have to click on it again until someone else posts on the topic.

I would love the idea of a newsroom - it would help the website become a place for all news about the Tigers and sorts out the general fluff from the general media fluff!!

The idea about the player is great. But is that similar to the search function? Part of me would prefer it in seperate topics so I could for example read about someone's contract negation and also their charity work without it being clumped together... maybe an idea would be for it to be a historical mega thread. I.e. Anything older than twelve months is in the Moses thread but anything recent is it's own thread.

Cracker job you guys are doing. Love the support forum supporter is coming soon,

Bob.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 9:17 am

happy tiger wrote:I think it all works pretty well barring when we have issues like the Robbie vs The World

One question I had though is why sometimes when you read a thread it says the person who actually started the thread originally and others actually has the last poster ??
Thought it was only me

Kul
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by Kul » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 9:46 am

Really?

Hmmm it works for me just fine.
Can when it happens, can you grab a screenshot and the URL and send it to me

thanks

Kavi

Unread post by Kavi » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 9:53 am

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:I think it all works pretty well barring when we have issues like the Robbie vs The World

Thought it was only me
make that 3

NT Tiger
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 12:19 pm

Kavi wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Thought it was only me
make that 3
here too
"Quality Stupidity"

TopTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by TopTiger » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 12:29 pm

I don't know if this has been previously mentioned but sometimes when I click on a thread it does not take me to the latest page.

Nelson
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Nelson » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 12:54 pm

TopTiger wrote:I don't know if this has been previously mentioned but sometimes when I click on a thread it does not take me to the latest page.
It probably takes you to the last post you read rather than the last page.

Return to “Site Issues and Feedback”