Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:33 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:20 pm
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:14 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 9:37 am

I figured you were joking, just didn't find it funny.

I wouldn't say I'm precious about him, I think he can add value. If we're to salvage anything from the year I think Ballin will go a long way to making it happen. He's been hideously unlucky with injuries.
I hope he goes well too. But just couriers why is Ballin entitled to see out his career the way he wants? When many long serving players and coaches don't get that opportunity. Why are we WT obligated to see that he does. Not that I'm saying he shouldn't we don't have that obligation to him or do we?
He has a contract.
Ok so what does a contract mean in the grand scheme of things, he will still get paid.

Anyway it's irrelevant now, he is injured, again.
Paying him out still comes out of our cap. I don't know what you mean when you say why is he entitled to see out his career?

Tiger Tim

Post by Tiger Tim » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:37 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 8:27 pm
Flippedy wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 8:21 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 23 Mar, 2017 12:55 am
Why are we getting all the free to air games when we are in disaster territory - at least our sponsors are getting something out of it.

Televised games are selected before the season starts, BBF. I'd rather we weren't featuring at the moment - our ineptness is just too hard to watch and laid bare for all the League world to see. I'd much rather they had the anonymity of playing a Saturday night game right about now, plus I reckon they play better at night anyway. We might actually have a shot at winning!
Well they better win because I will make the trip down to Leichhardt tomorrow.

And this season the tigers have only won when I have attended.
We might have to throw a hat around to get you to more games if they get up tomorrow. I went last weekend and can't put myself through it again for a while.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 11:14 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:37 pm
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:14 pm

I hope he goes well too. But just couriers why is Ballin entitled to see out his career the way he wants? When many long serving players and coaches don't get that opportunity. Why are we WT obligated to see that he does. Not that I'm saying he shouldn't we don't have that obligation to him or do we?
He has a contract.
Ok so what does a contract mean in the grand scheme of things, he will still get paid.

Paying him out still comes out of our cap. I don't know what you mean when you say why is he entitled to see out his career?
He is in our cap this year for sure. Sorry I wasn't saying he is not entitled to see out his career, my comment is why should he be entitled to see out his career how he wants. As in just cause he wants to see it out in FG, why should he if we have better options. Sure if Liddell or mckillwrick don't play to FG quality or are injured he should be given a go if fit, but other than that why should he be ahead of anyone just cause he wants to go out that way.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 11:21 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 11:14 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
gallagher wrote:

He has a contract.

He is in our cap this year for sure. Sorry I wasn't saying he is not entitled to see out his career, my comment is why should he be entitled to see out his career how he wants. As in just cause he wants to see it out in FG, why should he if we have better options. Sure if Liddell or mckillwrick don't play to FG quality or are injured he should be given a go if fit, but other than that why should he be ahead of anyone just cause he wants to go out that way.
Thats not happening either!?

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 7:20 am

Tiger Tim wrote:
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 8:27 pm
Flippedy wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 8:21 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 23 Mar, 2017 12:55 am
Why are we getting all the free to air games when we are in disaster territory - at least our sponsors are getting something out of it.

Televised games are selected before the season starts, BBF. I'd rather we weren't featuring at the moment - our ineptness is just too hard to watch and laid bare for all the League world to see. I'd much rather they had the anonymity of playing a Saturday night game right about now, plus I reckon they play better at night anyway. We might actually have a shot at winning!
Well they better win because I will make the trip down to Leichhardt tomorrow.

And this season the tigers have only won when I have attended.
We might have to throw a hat around to get you to more games if they get up tomorrow. I went last weekend and can't put myself through it again for a while.
Well I am going today and then i will go next week against the dragons. But the next week we are playing north queensland @1300 smiles and i will not attend that game. But I will be there the game after against parra on easter monday. And then the week after that against the dogs.

So that is 4 out of the next 5 games. What are the chances os being 5/8 from by round 8...
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:13 am

Aloiai to start.

marzie

Post by marzie » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:32 am

Few reports around that woodsy has done his ankle at training and will be out for a few weeks

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:41 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
gallagher wrote:

He has a contract.

I hope those close to you are readying for an intervention because this is the bizarrest rant I have seen on this forum since King Tigerman days. I have read your post 7 times and still don't know what your beef is.

Lets be clear, he is contracted (for good and bad) so we need to pay him and it will come out of our cap. He will be selected in first grade where the coaches think he is deserves it, as with any other player. You recall a week ago he played ISP. Given that he hasn't played first grade, Im not sure how you say he doesn't warrant being selected.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:15 am

southerntiger wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:41 am
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

I hope those close to you are readying for an intervention because this is the bizarrest rant I have seen on this forum since King Tigerman days. I have read your post 7 times and still don't know what your beef is.

Lets be clear, he is contracted (for good and bad) so we need to pay him and it will come out of our cap. He will be selected in first grade where the coaches think he is deserves it, as with any other player. You recall a week ago he played ISP. Given that he hasn't played first grade, Im not sure how you say he doesn't warrant being selected.
Or he could retire due to his age and ongoing injuries.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:19 am

Telltails wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:15 am
southerntiger wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
gallagher wrote:

...and we would still be paying him. I'd rather he be making the effort to get back on the park.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:23 am

southerntiger wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

I don't need intervention but you may need comprehension. So I will type slowly for you just so things don't go pop. Maybe read the whole conversation.

My comments relate to the original post about Ballin going out on his own terms.

I comented to say why does Ballin deserve to go out on his own terms when others haven't had that luxury. No comment about the cap or him being paid out. That's a given. The comment about contract and cap was introduced by Gallager, I just added in my reply that he will be paid regardless and that I agreed on cap. It wasn't a rant I was just curious as to why CB thought Ballin had the right to go out on his own terms and why the Tigers were obliged to facilitate that.

I also stated that if he is the best person for the job then he should be out there playing But only because he deserved to be not because he wanted to be.

If that doesn't make sense let me know and I will arrange some pictures for you.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:25 am

southerntiger wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

Add to the fact TCL is implying Ballin feels he has an entitlement to be playing first grade. The amount of snide remarks re Ballin are ridiculous.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:46 am

Telltails wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
gallagher wrote:

He would still be in our cap unless the NRL grants an exemption. Given their approach to B Stewart and Matai I think you can assume they wont do that.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:49 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:25 am
southerntiger wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Add to the fact TCL is implying Ballin feels he has an entitlement to be playing first grade. The amount of snide remarks re Ballin are ridiculous.
Gee you guys have selective reading. I didn't imply anything i asked a question.

But with some on this forum love runs deep when it comes to lost causes. Saint Jude would be proud of you guys!

I hope i didn't upset to many delicate disposition on a beautiful Sunday morning!

Honestly I am stumped by the admiration some have for Ballin as a Wests Tiger player. Asking a simple questions has upset and ruffled a few feathers.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:53 am

Nelson wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:19 am
Telltails wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

...and we would still be paying him. I'd rather he be making the effort to get back on the park.

Let him be paid to mentor off the field and see out his contract but not take a place in the top 25. Under the circumstances I think the club has a valid case with the NRL.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:08 am

Telltails wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:53 am
Nelson wrote:
Telltails wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

Let him be paid to mentor off the field and see out his contract but not take a place in the top 25. Under the circumstances I think the club has a valid case with the NRL.
If they were going to attempt to medically retire him and have him removed from the top 25 then the time for doing it was before the season started. Unless he picks up some injury entirely unrelated to his knee and then retires we will be paying him as part of the top 25.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:09 am

Telltails wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:53 am
Nelson wrote:
Telltails wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

I just don't get some on here

A poster tells us our biggest metre eater and skipper could be out for a few weeks and some continue to argue about the veracity of an injured player's contract and whether we should retire or not

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:12 am

If Woodsie is out that is gonna sting big time.