Number 9s

One eyed tiger

Number 9s

Post by One eyed tiger » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:44 pm

McIllrick and Liddell both had good games today, but why take 2 number 9s into the game at the expense of fresh big men? Robbie played 80 mins. Cameron Smith plays 80 mins. Choose only one Number 9 and add one of the young props to the bench.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:50 pm

Liddle wasn't great, he was alright but it's clear he needs some time in ISP this year before coming into NRL.
I'd be happy with McIlwrick for 80 but I don't think he can do it. He looked stuffed when he came off today.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:54 pm

I would not say that Liddell did anything rememberable at all, no runs worth mentioning, all other dummy halves completed better runs than him. no drawing the defence and getting ball out. But was glad that they went completely opposite to what Taylor supposedly had them playing. The game was not nearly as boring as when Taylor was coach. They weren't predictable at all like first few games (they must have read my complaints).
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:54 pm

If we can take Edwards and Liddle off the the bench and replace them with two big forwards i think we'll solve the fatigue problem and give our forward pack more punch during the 30-60 minute mark.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:00 pm

One eyed tiger wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:44 pm
McIllrick and Liddell both had good games today, but why take 2 number 9s into the game at the expense of fresh big men? Robbie played 80 mins. Cameron Smith plays 80 mins. Choose only one Number 9 and add one of the young props to the bench.
With Ballin hanging around as well that means we are rostering 3 to replace one 33 year old??? So paying 4 altogether. And I don't think any of the three can do a decent grubber kick in goal, I don't know about their field goal potential.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:06 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:54 pm
If we can take Edwards and Liddle off the the bench and replace them with two big forwards i think we'll solve the fatigue problem and give our forward pack more punch during the 30-60 minute mark.
The only one I can think of is Felise and our genius coaches have basically told him he is a state cup player!
We will lose him to another club where he will make his mark!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:10 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:00 pm
One eyed tiger wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:44 pm
With Ballin hanging around as well that means we are rostering 3 to replace one 33 year old??? So paying 4 altogether. And I don't think any of the three can do a decent grubber kick in goal, I don't know about their field goal potential.
And we are still paying Robbie 750k :roll:
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:10 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:06 pm
Tacky wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:54 pm
The only one I can think of is Felise and our genius coaches have basically told him he is a state cup player!
We will lose him to another club where he will make his mark!
I think Webster was just giving the players a chance to show their worth before he made any changes.
I have a feeling we will see some changes this week.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:16 pm

Sabre wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:50 pm
Liddle wasn't great, he was alright but it's clear he needs some time in ISP this year before coming into NRL.
I'd be happy with McIlwrick for 80 but I don't think he can do it. He looked stuffed when he came off today.
I didn't think that either were anything special, but if we had to pick one , Mcllwrick would be my choice as long as he could do 80 mins.
Liddle is only young and may be better later , but he isn't up to first grade yet , going on today's game

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:36 pm

Why dont we have any forwards who can play 80min?

Dragons have deballin, frizell and the other bloke who can play 80 min. Frustrating.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:40 pm

Seantice wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:36 pm
Why dont we have any forwards who can play 80min?

Dragons have deballin, frizell and the other bloke who can play 80 min. Frustrating.
I really like what I've seen of Jack De-Belin and I think he is exactly what we need.
Unfortunately I think the Dragons have already re-signed him.
Pres. MCK fan club

Tiger Tim

Post by Tiger Tim » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:41 pm

I'd like to have McIlwrick be the only hooker in the 17. If he needs a rest move Elijah Taylor to hooker for 15 minutes and then get him back on. Liddle may be good later on but i think he needs a few more games under his belt in state cup. A lot of the guys played with passion today but the thing for me that was obvious is that we are serious lacking in football smarts. Something the Storm 9 has in buckets full. I hate the guy and it annoys me that he gets away with his dirty tactics but he is smart. Be nice to have a smart hooker who had a kicking game.....

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:56 pm

I agree. Only one hooker. I want 3 big forwards on bench with a bigger guy who can play anywhere as the 4th player.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 5:57 am

Oh the irony

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:18 am

E Taylor to hooker even for 15 mins is a terrible idea i cant believe people have forgotten what happenened last year when JT did it

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 10:40 am

Tiger Tim wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:41 pm
I'd like to have McIlwrick be the only hooker in the 17. If he needs a rest move Elijah Taylor to hooker for 15 minutes and then get him back on. Liddle may be good later on but i think he needs a few more games under his belt in state cup. A lot of the guys played with passion today but the thing for me that was obvious is that we are serious lacking in football smarts. Something the Storm 9 has in buckets full. I hate the guy and it annoys me that he gets away with his dirty tactics but he is smart. Be nice to have a smart hooker who had a kicking game.....
Why can't he play 80 minutes? I'm confused. A lot of other Hookers do it but for some reason ours need a break. Why?

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 10:51 am

Our bench selections all year leave me puzzled.

Edwards is a plodder and a waste
having a 2nd hooker is a waste

McIllwrick should be our starting hooker.
If he cant go 80 then ET should give him a 10min spell when needed.

Our bench should be:

Grant
Felise (whats up with him??)
Sue
MCK

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 11:03 am

Neither are up to playing 80min, and it is important to maintain intensity at dummy half.

The problem isnt having 2 DH, its the make up of our bench which is the problem.

Our bench needs to be:

Liddle/Ballin
Ava
Grant
Felise
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017