Farah still confident on Origin..

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Farah Earns SOO Guernsey

Unread post by southerntiger » Fri 14 Apr, 2017 7:17 pm

I only watched the last 30 mins so I don't know how we was before that. But in the period I watched he was poor. Slowest player on the field by a margin, the usual inside balls to players in a worse position, the usual passes 2-3 metres above the recipients head.

Damian Cook was far more effective and if Maguire is serious about making the finals this Cook/Farah interchange silliness had to stop. Cook needs to play 80 mins in DH.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 190 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 14 Apr, 2017 7:26 pm

He came on at 35 minutes

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 14 Apr, 2017 7:36 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Fri 14 Apr, 2017 7:17 pm
I only watched the last 30 mins so I don't know how we was before that. But in the period I watched he was poor. Slowest player on the field by a margin, the usual inside balls to players in a worse position, the usual passes 2-3 metres above the recipients head.

Damian Cook was far more effective and if Maguire is serious about making the finals this Cook/Farah interchange silliness had to stop. Cook needs to play 80 mins in DH.
I can only recall Cook making one decent run out of D/H for his 35 mins in that position. He gave away a bad penalty in own territory when went high on Graham - a clear case no mitigating circumstances, reminisces of Ennis giving away stupid penalties.

If Farah was so slow how come he was into all the action making mini breaks, backing up - everything.?
Last edited by Byron Bay Fan on Sat 15 Apr, 2017 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Fri 14 Apr, 2017 7:43 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 14 Apr, 2017 7:36 pm
southerntiger wrote:

I can only recall Cook making one decent run out of D/H for his 35 mins in that position. He gave away a bad penalty in our territory when went high on Graham - a clear case no mitigating circumstances, reminisces of Ennis giving away stupid penalties.

If Farah was so slow how come he was into all the action making mini breaks, backing up - everything.?
Mate it is clear you want to believe Farah still has it. He was poor tonight as he has been all season. His inability to throw a pass quickly out of dummy half is, ironically, quickly derailing the Rabbitohs season. He is the slowest hooker in the comp. It is between him and Lichaa for the worst hooker in the comp IMO.

gallagher
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 47 times

Unread post by gallagher » Fri 14 Apr, 2017 7:44 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

I can only recall Cook making one decent run out of D/H for his 35 mins in that position. He gave away a bad penalty in our territory when went high on Graham - a clear case no mitigating circumstances, reminisces of Ennis giving away stupid penalties.

He gave up a penalty in our territory? Souff's forum is somewhere else. Leave your teeth at the door.

Snake
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Snake » Fri 14 Apr, 2017 7:44 pm

southerntiger wrote:

Will admit Farah had a FEW good touches but as above Cook is playing heaps better and the
team rolls forward faster..If Souths are going to do anything this season Farah has to be dropped to reserve grade another forward on the bench ,watching Farah and Cook on the field together is a joke ! Maguire has to get his mojo and do what Taylor did it is all over for Farah.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Fri 14 Apr, 2017 8:12 pm

Farah is proven at SOO level but time for new blood including the coaching staff.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by Masterton » Fri 14 Apr, 2017 8:23 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:

Showing your true colours there, BBF.

Farah was decent today, but anyone who thinks that was near SOO level is deluded. Unfortunately, I don't see much competition.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

underdog
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 12:44 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 14 Apr, 2017 6:33 pm
Farah played perfectly when coming on today against Bulldogs. If he gets No 9 for SOO it will because of games like this when he comes on and initiates many varied attacks and is into everything whether backing up or tackling.

Coming on about 35 min mark he remained DH for whole game.

MOM in my opinion.
Souffs didn't score a single point thereafter and bled tries.

Hmm.

Interesting criteria you have for MOM.

ku5tom
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by ku5tom » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 4:00 am

He was was solid but nothing special. Souths butchered a few tries they should of scored.

He kept it pretty simple and didn't really try much or run from dummy half. Just moved the ball around.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 6:50 am

underdog wrote:
Sat 15 Apr, 2017 12:44 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Farah played perfectly when coming on today against Bulldogs. If he gets No 9 for SOO it will because of games like this when he comes on and initiates many varied attacks and is into everything whether backing up or tackling.

MOM in my opinion.

Hmm.

I was realising during the game that you can't judge individual performances by stats. When Farah came on they were much more often down enemy territory than previously and about three tries should have come out of it. Importantly he was heavily involved after play of the ball - into everything.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 6:55 am

Masterton wrote:
Fri 14 Apr, 2017 8:23 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

Showing your true colours there, BBF.

Farah was decent today, but anyone who thinks that was near SOO level is deluded. Unfortunately, I don't see much competition.

During Maggies era being loyal to maggies I turned off watching for 20 years when all their best players caught the last train for the coast. When WestTigers get thrashed by decades of points it provides a bit of hope and enjoyment to watch another player one likes and not being so sh.tty rest of weekend. I recommend to you diehards. But first round I backed Tigers. Can't stay away from magic of Mitch and Tedesco whey they are performing.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 225 times
Been liked: 343 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 6:58 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 15 Apr, 2017 6:50 am
underdog wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

MOM in my opinion.

Hmm.

I was realising during the game that you can't judge individual performances by stats. When Farah came on they were much more often down enemy territory than previously and about three tries should have come out of it. Importantly he was heavily involved after play of the ball - into everything.

As a casual follower you should realise that into everything is the problem...when it comes to Robbie Farah...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 7:16 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 15 Apr, 2017 6:58 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 15 Apr, 2017 6:50 am
underdog wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

MOM in my opinion.

Hmm.

As a casual follower you should realise that into everything is the problem...when it comes to Robbie Farah...
After play of ball he was providing another very experienced person in attack - that is when S(our)ths were most dangerous. It was only sloppiness by other players or over zealous ref that many more tries weren't scored. I would love to sit down together with all the contras here to watch the game and we do stats on every play, how many plays, tackles, good kicks etc. to really get it right - I am confident it would only need to be done once.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 7:44 am

southerntiger wrote:
Fri 14 Apr, 2017 7:43 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

Mate it is clear you want to believe Farah still has it. He was poor tonight as he has been all season. His inability to throw a pass quickly out of dummy half is, ironically, quickly derailing the Rabbitohs season. He is the slowest hooker in the comp. It is between him and Lichaa for the worst hooker in the comp IMO.
We must have been watching different games last night. He was pretty good and the subtlety of his play out of dummy half was a pleasing.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 10:07 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 15 Apr, 2017 7:44 am
southerntiger wrote:
Fri 14 Apr, 2017 7:43 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

We must have been watching different games last night. He was pretty good and the subtlety of his play out of dummy half was a pleasing.
Having been a hooker myself, albeit an ordinary one, I place emphasise speed for a dummy half. A good hooker is one who gets the ball to his pigs as quickly as possible. Any subtlety and or other attributes are a bonus but, without the speed, also pointless. Farah fails badly on speed. Sadly, it was what he was so good at when he first came into grade.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 11:19 am

The advantage he may have when it comes to origin is that the bunnies could be happy to let Daley have him to concentrate fully on the games.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 10:37 pm

Southerntiger:
Having been a hooker myself, albeit an ordinary one, I place emphasise speed for a dummy half. A good hooker is one who gets the ball to his pigs as quickly as possible. Any subtlety and or other attributes are a bonus but, without the speed, also pointless. Farah fails badly on speed. Sadly, it was what he was so good at when he first came into grade

BBF: Surely the coach could see something as simple as that yet chose to leave Robbie as DH for a majority of he match. He seemed to me to be getting the balls OK to the guys running onto it, they didn't have to slow down. They were down in enemy territory often and being tryless was only because of follow-on faults.

Return to “State of Origin”