Post match press conference

Earl

Re: Post match press conference

Post by Earl » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 9:17 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:47 pm
Contrary to 'Victorian -puritan-fashion' Woods haters, he was with Tedesco and McIlrwick again one of the best WT players.
If only we have less Lawrances/Aloiais and more players like Woods/Seumanufagai/Sue/Chee-Kam/Taylor it could easily be a different story :sign:
I don't know what game you were watching but Woods was terrible.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 9:24 pm

liking the coach

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 9:53 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:47 pm
Contrary to 'Victorian -puritan-fashion' Woods haters, he was with Tedesco and McIlrwick again one of the best WT players.
If only we have less Lawrances/Aloiais and more players like Woods/Seumanufagai/Sue/Chee-Kam/Taylor it could easily be a different story :sign:
Can you post a higlight video? Was it was when he slowly drifted across allowing other to make the contact before he flopped on top, or when he stood a couple of passes wide and watched other take hit-ups? Maybe it was when others had bent the line & then suddenly he wanted to take the next hit-up, which would consist of him being wrestled to the ground, before getting a slow play the ball & killing the attack.

He honestly does not look like he wants to be there at the moment and in saying that I am not sure whether that is the tigers or the NRL in general

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:08 pm

Yeah the whole turning on Woods thing has me beat. It seems like people don't like his public persona, his TV appearances and what he says or does not say, that is then affecting what people say about his game. He seemed solid out there to me today, not outstanding, hardly our worst and hardly the bloke to hang the loss on.

Some leaders don't have to shout and carry on at their players. You want emotion to be worn on the sleeve apparently, Graham and Reynolds and Ricky Stuart and Craig Bellamy all do it, it somehow appears to make them better?

Let's not forget Graham got done for biting someone's ear, nearly breaking a leg in charge down, talking back to refs and allegedly telling off a female journo. There's a real fine line between passion and stupidity.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:17 pm

I just expect a front rower lookng for 900k per year to get in there and lead the team. Either by actions or words, and standing 3 passes wide of the ruck telling someone else to take the hit up is not leadership unless you are a half back.

I think that he was left on the bench for an extended period today, and there may be a reason for that. Can't suggest today that the side fell in a hole when he was on the bench.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:21 pm

Funny , Taylor says it and its spin ,whatever crap you want to call it

Cleary its just climb on the bus and ride it out

This side is garbage defensively and won't get fixed before season's end and some players get moved out and quality one's get moved in

That's if we can attract quality players ......

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:25 pm

Seantice wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 7:59 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 7:54 pm
Seantice wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 7:46 pm
gallagher wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 7:41 pm
Did woods say anything?
Same crap as usual. 'im just here to play footy'
'get up tomorrow and get back to it'

He sounds like he doesnt evem care..
I just hope this loss hasn't put him in a bad head space. We don't want him making any decisions out of frustration.
Mate thats exactly what we need. No emotion at all out there. Eels score a try and ive seen a graveyard louder than this mob. I want to see emotion because emotion shows that you care about this club.
We were shot at the 60th minute nothing left in the tanks. Is Skandalis the conditioning coach again because they are not fit.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:34 pm

Harvey wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:17 pm
I just expect a front rower lookng for 900k per year to get in there and lead the team. Either by actions or words, and standing 3 passes wide of the ruck telling someone else to take the hit up is not leadership unless you are a half back.

I think that he was left on the bench for an extended period today, and there may be a reason for that. Can't suggest today that the side fell in a hole when he was on the bench.
He's been ordinary all year
Klemmer
Tamou
Paulo
Vaughn
Boyd
Should all be picked before him for Origin,but he's about to be the highest paid out of all of them. Please tell me we're not going to do this

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:42 pm

Not one of Woods best games but he sure as hell was not the reason we lost today.
Parra attacked our weakness out wide and rolled over us at the sixty minute mark when our backrowers have completely become ineffective. Same old same old.
But the witch hunt mentality continues of attacking the individual both professionally and personally, to compensate for our teams glaring weaknesses, and it looks like we have a new target.
Last edited by Telltails on Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:48 pm

No, but if a Prop who is the Captain,And is a Test Player,cannot dominate and give us great go forward,that is a problem. He doesn't have any impact like Napa ,JWH, Fifita, Prior.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:54 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:34 pm
Harvey wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:17 pm

He's been ordinary all year
Klemmer
Tamou
Paulo
Vaughn
Boyd
Should all be picked before him for Origin,but he's about to be the highest paid out of all of them. Please tell me we're not going to do this

Klemmer and Tamou? Are you serious? They've been rubbish all year!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:56 pm

Annnnnd there an upside to Woods this year. hes been offering very little all year

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:23 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:48 pm
No, but if a Prop who is the Captain,And is a Test Player,cannot dominate and give us great go forward,that is a problem. He doesn't have any impact like Napa ,JWH, Fifita, Prior.
Not one of his best games today but he still had plenty of go forward. Woods did not lose the game today we had ample opportunity to win .
How did you think our defense out wide was today? Notice any breaks made by Parra out there;, attacking raids points scored? What effect do you think our outside men had on the outcome of the game?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:45 pm

Back on topic ,how do we lose a game when we miss 15 less tackles , have the ball for an extra 5 sets , complete our sets at a better % , have a higher possession percentage and run for an extra 120 metres

You can't envy Cleary's job , the Partridge Family /Priscilla bus must have about 2 cylinders working , dirty fuel , no brakes , the plugs are shot , the wheels are balder than Telly Savalas head and Geo is riding on top in drag singing opera again

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:57 am

I don't know if Jamal created weaknesses out wide but at least he gave some forceful tackles that may have caused them to slow down. Reminds us of how the game can be played. thanks Jamal see you around one day and thank you personally. Probably wasn't mentioned in the presser but that was only new light.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 1:03 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:45 pm
Back on topic ,how do we lose a game when we miss 15 less tackles , have the ball for an extra 5 sets , complete our sets at a better % , have a higher possession percentage and run for an extra 120 metres

You can't envy Cleary's job , the Partridge Family /Priscilla bus must have about 2 cylinders working , dirty fuel , no brakes , the plugs are shot , the wheels are balder than Telly Savalas head and Geo is riding on top in drag singing opera again

You mean this is Geo in reverse drag? Like Woods he would not have the balls for the nymph reference.
( Bloody fantastic performance for a 12 year old skirt.)
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

LCA

Post by LCA » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 6:19 am

Seantice wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 7:56 pm
^ 100% .. When Eels hit back and it was 22-20 it was time for the captain to stand up and lead. He was found wanting. No talk, no ripping in, no getting up players. I dont care if players feelings are hurt, give them hell if they dont put in!!!
How can Woods give them hell when he doesn't put in? A show pony of the highest order.

LCA

Post by LCA » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 6:19 am

Seantice wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 7:56 pm
^ 100% .. When Eels hit back and it was 22-20 it was time for the captain to stand up and lead. He was found wanting. No talk, no ripping in, no getting up players. I dont care if players feelings are hurt, give them hell if they dont put in!!!
How can Woods give them hell when he doesn't put in? A show pony of the highest order.