Brooks and control

king sirro

Brooks and control

Post by king sirro » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 6:28 pm

In my opinion he was given the orders to be the main man today. I think he proved again it suits him. No doubt he has some fine tuning to do but he is much better as the main general.

Moses is the worst player to have in a close game.

And how did Woods get MOM?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 6:36 pm

He did well. Very involved & never gave up. He needs to be consistent & keep improving on this.

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 6:38 pm

MMK had another great game

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 6:48 pm

I have doubted Brooks but today he was real good. Mo$e$ is as you state the guy you don't want on the field in a close game. Wood$ ordinary as usual.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 6:52 pm

woods was good, probably a little worse than usual, but still OK. not close to a MoM at all though.

Still can't believe we'll lose Teddy. Biggest loss ever.

Brooks is much better as the main man and Moses running off him. Needs to dictate orders out there.

Moses wasn't good.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:03 pm

I think most know I'm a fan of Luke for a long time...the 3 things I like best from todays game was ...he ran the ball quite a few times when nothing was really on and got smashed a few times for it...his defence will probably get credited with a half dozen miss tackles but he stood his ground against the Dogs boppers all day and pulled off some good hits...at the ground his talk was noticeable telling blokes where he wanted them...

Oh and when the game was there to be won ..he was there giving it a shot...

He is a confidence player ..I hope this win will bring more confidence and Ivan can get the best out of Luke consistently....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:07 pm

Cleary I think as previously mentioned has told him he's the main man, I think he needs that hand on his shoulder hopefully he can carry on now.
He played Moses off the park but that wasn't all that hard as he was shocking.
Last edited by The_Doc on Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:07 pm

Brooks was good today, a little rusty from a few weeks off, but generally he kicked well, got bumped off a few times in defence but kept throwing himself back into it and took the line on, even if it meant the occasional thumping from Jackson.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:09 pm

Mck tries 100% every game. Him and suli might be inexperienced but jeez there two big boys. Noone ran over them today.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:11 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:07 pm
Cleary I think as previously mentioned has told him he's the main man, I think he needs that hand on his shoulder hopefully he can carry on now.
He played Moses off the park but that wasn't all that hard as he was shocking.
True. You have to give moses points for his competitiveness though. He played with alot of heart today as they all did.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:12 pm

Seantice wrote:
Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:09 pm
Mck tries 100% every game. Him and suli might be inexperienced but jeez there two big boys. Noone ran over them today.
I will be very interested to see Suli's development over the next couple of years. This kid really takes some stopping and if he can maintain his speed, then he will be a wrecking ball out wide because he's going to get stronger and fitter over the next couple of years.

Anyway, I digress, back to Brooks, who was good today and didn't overplay his hand.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:30 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:03 pm
I think most know I'm a fan of Luke for a long time...the 3 things I like best from todays game was ...he ran the ball quite a few times when nothing was really on and got smashed a few times for it...his defence will probably get credited with a half dozen miss tackles but he stood his ground against the Dogs boppers all day and pulled off some good hits...at the ground his talk was noticeable telling blokes where he wanted them...

He is a confidence player ..I hope this win will bring more confidence and Ivan can get the best out of Luke consistently....
That was the most impressive part about his game he took the line on and tried things , he picked the moments well when it was on . That short kick he did for himself in the 1st half was on he just didn't get the bounce for himself.
This is the Luke i remember when he was coming into Grade , Moses tries to take to much control and Brooks goes into his shell IMO.
Well done Luke great game....gotta give credit when it's due.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:33 pm

Yep, was really pleased with the way Brooks played today. He needs to improve on it but he did seem to take a greater control of the game. Best game he played in a little while

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:38 pm

It was apparent that from today this is Brooks team Moses making up the numbers ...get an experienced half with him then happy days.

Post by 851 » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:40 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:07 pm
Brooks was good today, a little rusty from a few weeks off, but generally he kicked well, got bumped off a few times in defence but kept throwing himself back into it and took the line on, even if it meant the occasional thumping from Jackson.
True, we would not have won today with JLJ at 7, Brooks makes the defence make a decision, JLJ while good in defence makes no impact at all in attack.
Go hard or go home

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:41 pm

You can just tell the difference Cleary is having on the fella. To come back from injury and still play pretty well says a lot about the coaching in my opinion, Brooks hasn't played like this all year.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:45 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:03 pm

agree with everything, Geo

except the bolded bit: that's actually the part of his game that he needs to improve on. as a halfback, you need to be a bit smarter and run the ball but only with support runners. He tends to run and then wait at the line for a runner but he's too quick for them and gets smashed. Especially on the 4th or 5th tackle, can't afford our halfback to get tackled in that position.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 11:20 am

He was a lot more composed and decisive...I didn't expect it given he has been out for a month. He will be ok if he keeps working hard and we get some more experience around him.