Wests Tigers on two paths: Cleary

glebe_tiger

Re: Wests Tigers on two paths: Cleary

Post by glebe_tiger » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 8:01 am

gallagher wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:11 pm
I'm relieved to hear that he believes we're fit enough. He seems to be in their heads already.
You're not the only one i was certain that our fitness was below par.

I'm liking Ivan more and more and his short tenure has already been nothing but positive.

strrretch

Post by strrretch » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 8:35 am

He really puts all the rubbish into perspective. Very well done. A great stabilizer for the club

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 8:59 am

Great for the club and the players.

wmlmaster

Post by wmlmaster » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 9:26 am

Ivan Cleary is a machine!!!

My gut instinct tells me we will make the finals this year with Ivan at the helm

Post by 2041 » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 9:29 am

willow wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:26 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:21 pm
Where the mental & physical side of things can be one and the same
Im very pleased to read this...

"The guys understand now they are actually fit enough, it's just some more mental application than anything.
It never added up to me Ink. I mean the performance training staff said the players were fitter and stronger than last year in pre-season training yet we seemingly hit the wall after 30 minutes in the early rounds. Since Cleary has come in we've shown much more urgency and running in knocking off the Cows, should have beaten the Eels bar for a mental lapse and ground it out with the Dogs and came out on top.

Goes to show what a difference a coach can make in the mindset of a player.
I have to say, if that Wehbe character was doing anything around player fitness and mental toughness he must have a hell of a marketing programme, because it wasn't bloody working.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 2:40 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Tue 25 Apr, 2017 12:19 am
Yossarian wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:28 pm
willow wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:23 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:17 pm

He might to reinforce this with Nofa. He looked odds on to score from that intercept then he was paddling up and down on the same spot.
Nofo is good over short distances, but those little tree trunks of his do tighten up over longer distances. Don't forget the Morris brothers were chasing him, they're no mugs in open space and both players hold their speed well. As a comparison though, if you look at Bonstonkers highlights of Rowdy in his prime, Brett Morris couldn't get a hand on him in a length of the field run which showed how quick he was before injuries took their toll.
Maybe but he had a pretty decent lead. We've all seen Nofo run longer and faster. He seemed to be in two minds whether to come in or go for the corner. I still think a winger should have scored there.
It needs to be taken into account that Nofo is not just a winger and is often an extra forward who does a lot of the down and dirty work for us. I think he did pretty well given that he had already done a lot of that work and was carrying the ball. If he hadn't veered infield and then back out again nearing the line he may just have made it but I doubt it.
Come on now - every winger in the competition takes hit ups. He had a 10m start with 40 to go. He seemed to doubt himself hesitated and got caught. Anyway I've said my piece - I think he really should have scored in that case.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 3:12 pm

I think Nofo does more hitups than most wingers.

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 8:18 pm

Yossarian wrote:
willow wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:11 pm
I'm relieved to hear that he believes we're fit enough. He seems to be in their heads already.
He might to reinforce this with Nofa. He looked odds on to score from that intercept then he was paddling up and down on the same spot.
Nofo is good over short distances, but those little tree trunks of his do tighten up over longer distances. Don't forget the Morris brothers were chasing him, they're no mugs in open space and both players hold their speed well. As a comparison though, if you look at Bonstonkers highlights of Rowdy in his prime, Brett Morris couldn't get a hand on him in a length of the field run which showed how quick he was before injuries took their toll.
Maybe but he had a pretty decent lead. We've all seen Nofo run longer and faster. He seemed to be in two minds whether to come in or go for the corner. I still think a winger should have scored there.
Big difference in running with the ball and chasing someone. The ball does slow you down.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 9:59 pm

05TIGZ wrote:
Tue 25 Apr, 2017 8:18 pm
Yossarian wrote:
willow wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

Big difference in running with the ball and chasing someone. The ball does slow you down.
Sure. But here's the thing. I've watched enough footy to form an opinion. I'm not an idiot, I understand the difference between running with the ball and not. I've explained my opinion at length. Now listen closely. Notwithstanding the fact he had the ball or Morris is Usain Bolt, he was 10m up without much to go. IN MY OPINION, I think he should have scored the try. Okay?

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 8:31 am

Yossarian wrote:
Tue 25 Apr, 2017 9:59 pm
05TIGZ wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
willow wrote:

Sure. But here's the thing. I've watched enough footy to form an opinion. I'm not an idiot, I understand the difference between running with the ball and not. I've explained my opinion at length. Now listen closely. Notwithstanding the fact he had the ball or Morris is Usain Bolt, he was 10m up without much to go. IN MY OPINION, I think he should have scored the try. Okay?
No buddy not okay, your not talking to a child here. Im pretty sure it wasnt a 10m lead. And just like you have an opinion i have mine. Of course he should have scored. But he didnt. So move on.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 8:33 am

Nofo got run down, most wingers would have streaked that no dramas.

Nofo gives his all though so I'm not going to slate him over that, he wasn't run down through lack of effort. Maybe he cramped up as it looked as though he was looking for a support runner as well.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 9:12 am

05TIGZ wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 8:31 am
Yossarian wrote:
Tue 25 Apr, 2017 9:59 pm
05TIGZ wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

No buddy not okay, your not talking to a child here. Im pretty sure it wasnt a 10m lead. And just like you have an opinion i have mine. Of course he should have scored. But he didnt. So move on.
Mate you're talking to me like I'm a moron then supposedly you agree with me. People run faster when they're not carrying something? Thanks scoop. You replied to my comment champ. You move on.