State of Origin game 1 2017 *Live game thread

  •  Recent Topics
User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 31136
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Re: State of Origin game 1 2017 *Live game thread

Post by willow » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:00 pm

Teddy would have to go close to MOM tonight.


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 26386
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:00 pm

Old man (C) Rambo Smith very ineffective tonite

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2801
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:01 pm

willow wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:00 pm
Teddy would have to go close to MOM tonight.
Very close. I'd give it to Fifita because I think he broke Queensland's back. Tedesco has been great in every department though.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 31136
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:01 pm

Hayne pulverised Chambers.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:04 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 9:55 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 9:51 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 9:50 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 9:49 pm


He's a brilliant player... Signed big coin for souths

He's going to Souths??
Reportedly
Bugger!
He is good but bit small in statue .... think he might be OK in side with strong forward pack.


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 31136
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:05 pm

Can't remember the last time NSW had a win this dominant.

User avatar
clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun 18 Apr, 2010 12:04 am

Post by clokan » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:05 pm

Nelson wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:01 pm
willow wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:00 pm
Teddy would have to go close to MOM tonight.
Very close. I'd give it to Fifita because I think he broke Queensland's back. Tedesco has been great in every department though.
Tedesco's been great, but Fafita set the stage for a NSW victory

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4021
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:06 pm

but Teddy broke their heart
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 26386
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:06 pm

Biggest ever win in QLD.... conceding only one try from a kick.... Good effort from the use for a change
Very odd seeing QLD beaten so comprehensively.. Those players missing certainly made a difference

User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 1004
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by shakey4d » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:08 pm

Fafita was extremely dominant and was the difference early.

3. Fafita
2. Peats
1. Tedesco

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1439
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:10 pm

The refs stayed out of the game tonight which made a spectacle for the first half and beyond.
Other years they've blown the pea out of the whistle and become a borathon...tonight was a true origin.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by upthetigers » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:11 pm

willow wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:00 pm
Teddy would have to go close to MOM tonight.
Yep he was involved in everything. Either him or Fifita.

User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 1004
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by shakey4d » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:11 pm

Nelson wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 9:35 pm
Great selection that Justin O'Neill, had a whale of a game...

Surely game 2 we see: 1. Slater 2. Oates 3. Gagai 4. Chambers 5. Boyd

Gagai would be tearing Hayne to shreds in attack.
I would have thought
1. Slater
2. Valentine-Holmes
3. Gagai
4. Chambers
5. Boyd

17. Oates

Would be more dangerous. But Oates played well.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1880
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:14 pm

It's interesting seeing who the quality players are. Tedesco, Fifita, Maloney, Hayne (what a knob though), Klemmer and even Graham for NSW. Queensland had Gagai, Papali and Milford.

Heaps of good players for both sides but there were some shockers out there. Woods, Pearce, Myles and O'Neill are all a level or two below origin.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1880
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:15 pm

shakey4d wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:11 pm
Nelson wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 9:35 pm
Great selection that Justin O'Neill, had a whale of a game...

Surely game 2 we see: 1. Slater 2. Oates 3. Gagai 4. Chambers 5. Boyd

Gagai would be tearing Hayne to shreds in attack.
I would have thought
1. Slater
2. Valentine-Holmes
3. Gagai
4. Chambers
5. Boyd

17. Oates

Would be more dangerous. But Oates played well.
I think Oates is a bit of a plodder. Decent player but not great. That backline would be heaps better than what was out there tonight.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 1384
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:16 pm

clokan wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:05 pm
Nelson wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:01 pm
willow wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:00 pm
Teddy would have to go close to MOM tonight.
Very close. I'd give it to Fifita because I think he broke Queensland's back. Tedesco has been great in every department though.
Tedesco's been great, but Fafita set the stage for a NSW victory
Maloney would have to be in the running also.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2801
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:16 pm

shakey4d wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:08 pm
Fafita was extremely dominant and was the difference early.

3. Fafita
2. Peats
1. Tedesco
I thought:

3. Fifita
2. Tedesco
1. Klemmer or Peats

Klemmer provided great momentum and Peats was massive in defence, particularly in the first half. He made huge first contact and stopped the Queenslanders in their tracks.

Maloney was good too.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 26493
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:17 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:00 pm
Old man (C) Rambo Smith very ineffective tonite
:lol: but don't you just yell Queenslander...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Post Reply