Woods and Tedesco

AnnandaleTiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Woods and Tedesco

Unread post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:23 pm

Nsw wales are on the ascendence but I'm still not convinced that this will be their series, expecting a streak soon though... It could be this year...

TJL
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by TJL » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:26 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 11:19 pm
Woods was pretty good tonight and Tedesco was 10/10 hopefully they can bring those performances to the club for the rest of the reason.
:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :crazy

AnnandaleTiger

Unread post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:27 pm

Once they finish saving themselves for Origin it will be back to saving themselves for their respective new clubs

watch this space

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:28 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 11:21 pm
I still hope they both have season ending injuries and don't want to see them in the tigers jersey again - I would prefer to see youngsters there even if we get towled up.
Absolute garbage. But funny!!!!

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:30 pm

Earl wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 11:07 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:20 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:02 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 9:45 pm

Totally disagree.
Tedesco can suddenly tackle when he doesn't wear a tigers jersey. I have more ill will towards him now as it has amde it clearer he has been dogging it.
YOU got to be kidding. Bit twisted!
Maybe because I don't care too much about origin, in the modern game it is just a cash grab. To me this is like watching an exhibition match. I only follow league for the Tigers and hearing current players, local juniors, say we aren't good enough for them has eroded any care factor I might otherwise have had.

I definitely can't say I'm unbiased, but he pulled off some great defence in this game, and watches the opposition stroll past in ours.

I feel exactly the same way. I couldn't care less about these dogs of human beings
. Woods I respect a lot because he is such an average player and he left.
Seriously mate? Two blokes you've never ever met and, apart from watching them play football, you know absolutely nothing about and you call them 'dogs of human beings?' Wow! :crazy

AnnandaleTiger

Unread post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:31 pm

Absolute garbage is an apt description of the two.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:32 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 11:22 pm
stryker wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:56 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:51 pm
stryker wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:44 pm

Woods was garbage and QLD owned the middle whilst he was out there.
Ted was MOM.
Come on mate, you know that's just not true - your hatred is blinding your judgment big time. I thought you were better than that.
Of course its true. When he came off at the 20 minute mark (first interchange lol) his jersey looked like it had just came out of the dryer. NSW started winning the ruck when he was replaced.
Nah right from the start with Woods and Fifita, NSW dominated and Klemmer & Woods still provided plenty of go forward when they were on together in the second half, as well.

As for him being replaced with 7 minutes to go - it was 28-4! I suspect that Woods is still carrying that hamstring injury, so why leave him on until the end when the game is all over. I admit he has played better in Origin in the past, but he still did his bit tonight to help get NSW the win.

Woods is never gonna be a hard running Webcke or a Fifita type prop, so I don't know why people continue to harp on about it. He's a workhorse, metre making prop (like others before him) and he always goes forward effectively, making over 100 metres every week, whether we win or lose - every team needs one of them.
We watched two dirfferent games because the ruck was not lost by QLD until at least the 30th minute when the benches all came on. Fifitas damage was mainly done on the edges not up the guts. Woods was easily contained and his defence was at times lazy. He has a lot of people conned and obviously you are one of them. The WT's will thrive without him next year they just have to spend his money wisely.

As for Origin, I love it when he is on the field. He is a glaring weakness and has been every series he has played. Thats why he gets minimal minutes.

AnnandaleTiger

Unread post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:34 pm

Woods sure is no loss.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by formerguest » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:47 pm

old man tiger wrote:
momo&medo wrote:
old man tiger wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 9:45 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 9:18 pm

X2 Some people really need to build a bridge and get over it!
Totally disagree.
Tedesco can suddenly tackle when he doesn't wear a tigers jersey. I have more ill will towards him now as it has amde it clearer he has been dogging it.
Maybe because I don't care too much about origin, in the modern game it is just a cash grab. To me this is like watching an exhibition match. I only follow league for the Tigers and hearing current players, local juniors, say we aren't good enough for them has eroded any care factor I might otherwise have had.

I definitely can't say I'm unbiased, but he pulled off some great defence in this game, and watches the opposition stroll past in ours.

Pretty well sums up my feelings as I didn't even watch it live and caught the replay on Foxtel. I have not really bagged Tedesco, but he has been fairly poor for us this year, with little effort in defence at the back. Hope he brings that performance back for us.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 1:52 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 11:30 pm
Earl wrote:
old man tiger wrote:
momo&medo wrote:

I feel exactly the same way. I couldn't care less about these dogs of human beings
Seriously mate? Two blokes you've never ever met and, apart from watching them play football, you know absolutely nothing about and you call them 'dogs of human beings?' Wow! :crazy
It says more about them than about anything else. Even schoolkids have more brains than to go on like that over some one who has done nothing at all to them.
Some of these blokes seem to think that players should live their life , and make decisions to please them. .
I used to think that "the kennel" was the sickest footy forum in the game, but this one is getting close to it. No wonder Happy gave us a miss. . There are some good people on this forum, unfortunately there are some who Have a very warped view about what people owe them.
If you feel so strongly about them guys, why don't you tell them this crap to their face ,
That'd be different though, you'd need a bit of courage to do that, wouldn't you.
Better stick to cowardly attacking people that are probably a much better person than you cowards will ever be.
Grow up you fools and get a brain, , although it's probably too late for some of you lot.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Demps » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 6:29 am

Woods is Creagh 2.0

Stryker is 100% right.

Woods is a cat and offers nothing.

Tedesco was great but never as good at the tigers.

Dont forget they get paid 50k for this game, so they wanna perform because there is money to be made.

Earl
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Earl » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 7:12 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 1:52 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 11:30 pm
Earl wrote:
old man tiger wrote:

It says more about them than about anything else. Even schoolkids have more brains than to go on like that over some one who has done nothing at all to them.
Some of these blokes seem to think that players should live their life , and make decisions to please them. .
I used to think that "the kennel" was the sickest footy forum in the game, but this one is getting close to it. No wonder Happy gave us a miss. . There are some good people on this forum, unfortunately there are some who Have a very warped view about what people owe them.
If you feel so strongly about them guys, why don't you tell them this crap to their face ,
That'd be different though, you'd need a bit of courage to do that, wouldn't you.
Better stick to cowardly attacking people that are probably a much better person than you cowards will ever be.
Grow up you fools and get a brain, , although it's probably too late for some of you lot.
Cowardly attacks ? What are you on about. Those two are disgusting human beings. As for saying it to their face. I wouldn't say anything to their face other than exactly what I state on here.

As for being better person than me. I don't dog people. I'm better than them right there.

tigerbenji
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by tigerbenji » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 7:26 am

Gold Coast Tiger you are speaking to much sence for some of theses People, Just imagine if Woods or Tedesco stayed, they would of been the best thing since sliced Bread.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 337 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 7:43 am

Woods took more 1st up carries in that 1st 20 mins than he ever does..it was a brutal opening to a game I have seen in Years...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

InBenjiWeTrust
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 8:01 am

Many experts on this forum said there he is the worst defender of all FBs, and totally ineffective in attack. What a biased glasses full of hate do to you :brick:
He owed Dugan, Boyd at al, again. :D
He is without any doubt, the best FB in NRL, and arguably worth the money he will receive.

Earl
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Earl » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 8:18 am

tigerbenji wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 7:26 am
Gold Coast Tiger you are speaking to much sence for some of theses People, Just imagine if Woods or Tedesco stayed, they would of been the best thing since sliced Bread.
If I take my personal opinion about their characters out of it I think clearly Tedesco is a great player. I think he is the best fullback in the comp. He has been poor for us this season but he was building to a game like that. Woods to me is an average NRL prop forward. He was better than Myles but I think every other middle player was better than Woods. I think Woods is lucky to make the team. Trbojevic, Jackson, Napa, Fifita, Klemmer and McGuire who to me all looked to play in the middle were all better than Woods. Woods > Myles but Myles isn't a player that should be playing at this level now.

supercoach
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 8:34 am

IMO Woods is a lot better player week in and week out than he gets credit for. The Tigers certainly go a hell of a lot better when he is in the team than when he is out. Are we going to be better next year with Packer and Matilino and minus Woods..who knows.

Anyway I don't think he is the plodder that a lot of people think he is, but is he worth 900g a season..no way

stryker
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 8:45 am

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 8:01 am
Many experts on this forum said there he is the worst defender of all FBs, and totally ineffective in attack. What a biased glasses full of hate do to you :brick:
He owed Dugan, Boyd at al, again. :D
He is without any doubt, the best FB in NRL, and arguably worth the money he will receive.
It wasnt just the "experts" on here, it is backed up by verifiable facts from his career. He misses many makeable tackles in clubland and is not always in position to save the try. That is a fact backed up by numerous instances. A couple of weeks ago his defence at the back was cowardly. He defended like a man possessed last night and it shocked most people. He was selected in the side for his x factor in attack, however his defence rivalled Slater at his peak. Lets see if he brings this back to the Tigers.

Return to “State of Origin”