Cleary...

Geo.

Cleary...

Post by Geo. » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:48 pm

Ok everyone knows he gets a free pass for this Year given the circumstances he has taken over but I sort of expected more from the current team under him and by 3 months some changes in the way we play the past month of football has been a major disappointment..

There was no plan today apart from give it to Teddy and wingers and centres hitting it up ....no trying to work to a position ... just kick it on the 5th...anywhere...maybe it might get better with Brooks...and absolutely no improvement in Defense..in fact our Middle has gotten worse...

As I said I expected more but I'm sure with new players everything will be alright...right..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

kafta

Post by kafta » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:51 pm

Well since half the team is getting the flick at seasons end their heart is not in it.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:55 pm

I didn't want to state it but we looked poorly coached today. We had the same thing with JT as well. Our attack is non-existent and our defence is ordinary.

I'm not going to blame Cleary. To me he gets a free ride for a number of years mainly because he has done the right thing so far with our squad and this season is a write off.

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:56 pm

Same assistants, trainers etc doesn't help also.

I do agree though, I expected to see a change by now but tbh, I see the same "meh I give up attitude" after we've had about a 20 min dig & then the opposition get on top.
Game plan was poo today but far out, was JLJ even listening? Those 5th tackle options today were diabolical.

Please Tigers don't re-sign him.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:59 pm

At least give Brooks and Lolohea 2-3 games together before judging.

But at least Felise and Marsters are getting a run over say, Edwards

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:00 pm

I'll grab the popcorn... This will the best thread this year
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:01 pm

It's an average roster. Cleary isn't getting anymore out of them than Taylor did, nor are his team selections any better.

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:01 pm

Winnipeg wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:59 pm
At least give Brooks and Lolohea 2-3 games together before judging.

But at least Felise and Marsters are getting a run over say, Edwards
Yep... too right
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:01 pm

I have felt underwhelmed by our performances lately thought we may have made a few changes in structure but we still have no idea and as geo. Said we just pass it to Teddy and hope for the best.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:03 pm

Haha without Cleary that team today loses by 50 (not 22). Not bad against a team likely to be in the last 2 weeks of the finals this year.

Our attitude is pretty good (from what I saw).

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:03 pm

Elijah Taylor got the ball so many times like he either wasnt expecting it or he didn't know what his role was.

Anyone noticed how all 3 backrowers swap continuously defensively? When Clearly first came he had Elijah and Alioai swapping nearly every set but now all 3 swap. At first i believed it was a tactic to help ET get through 80 minutes, but now i have no idea why he does it. Maybe Eljiah has free reign and calls either backrower in at anytime to give himself a rest? Im not sure. Its messy though.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:04 pm

He needs to appoint a new driver and should have done so after the current one dissed his passengers sought new employment.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:06 pm

The only hope I have is that Cleary brings some decent support staff with him.

I found myself thinking today how these players can keep getting themselves up for games.... I know we've had some losing streaks in the past but this is different this is just so so bad.

They've sacrificed this season 3 weeks in with the excuse the new coach can create his own team... It's always next year which always makes it a bit more difficult to support them, eventually supporters will give up especially when they see their best players doing the same

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:06 pm

We're just not that good individually or as a team it's not a matter of coaching it's ability, and 3/4 of our team aren't able to compete at a high level for 80mins week in week out, they can show glimpses of their ability and put it together for 80mins occasionally but they can't do it consistently because they just aren't good enough it's that simple.

Plato

Post by Plato » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:12 pm

I think Cleary is beginning to understand what Taylor went through. No matter what instructions are given in the shed, when they run out on to the field it's up to the club captain to take the reins and make it all happen. Nothing against Woods, but I don't think being an on field general ala Cameron Smith is in his skill set.

Pyjamaztehboss

Post by Pyjamaztehboss » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:12 pm

I dont think most of the players are sticking to the game plans, whether its inexperience or lack of skill. I saw teddy and woods playing today like they were preserving their bodies for game 2. If these are the two players the team looks upon, then how can you blame them. I dont have the patience or anger management traits to watch anymore games this year and the whole team is already counting the days.
twitter: @pyjamaztheboss

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:21 pm

Pyjamaztehboss wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:12 pm
I dont think most of the players are sticking to the game plans, whether its inexperience or lack of skill. I saw teddy and woods playing today like they were preserving their bodies for game 2. If these are the two players the team looks upon, then how can you blame them. I dont have the patience or anger management traits to watch anymore games this year and the whole team is already counting the days.
Game plan - how is it possible to stick to a game plan when they make so many errors? How many errors simple errors on tackle 1? They looked okay until the 48 minute then bang, everything fell apart - with every error their shoulders slumped further and so did their confidence. It would be nice if they could play for 80 min next week.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:32 pm

It's not been great.
That said, we've had Littlejohn as senior half for a month, and the direction, or lack thereof, has been evident.
Brooks will make a difference.