Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: ISP Team List - Round 15 v Magpies

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:35 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:32 pm
From the tigers side - Tali and Sironen are the only ones worth keeping from this mayby Helata. From the forwards its clear why Joel Edwards keeps ending up in FG because in NSW cup he looks our best although the props are all solid but much of a muchness.

Twal looks better then the other props in the game - very impressed with his post contact meters and that he just keeps on keeping on
Thanks for the summary
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

king sirro
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:41 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:35 pm
Boonboon2 wrote:
From the tigers side - Tali and Sironen are the only ones worth keeping from this mayby Helata. From the forwards its clear why Joel Edwards keeps ending up in FG because in NSW cup he looks our best although the props are all solid but much of a muchness.

Twal looks better then the other props in the game - very impressed with his post contact meters and that he just keeps on keeping on
Thanks for the summary
Some of Sironens efforts in defence have looked like someone who doesnt care. Pathetic.

Its a disgrace Heleta has never been given an NRL opportunity. Im not saying he is a definate first grader, but no one has worked and tried as hard as him to earn a chance. He has carried this rabble for 2 years.

Theres something about Luke Garner that makes me think he is a future NRL backrower. Certainly not yet, but in the future.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Boonboon2
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:45 pm

Just want to add one qualification to my sironen has been good is that he needs to be playing backrow it is very harsh on his young career to be forcing him to play 5/8. His effort is good but he is a edge backrower not a 5/8 despite his skills

WestsBenTigers

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:48 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:41 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:

Thanks for the summary
Some of Sironens efforts in defence have looked like someone who doesnt care. Pathetic.

Its a disgrace Heleta has never been given an NRL opportunity. Im not saying he is a definate first grader, but no one has worked and tried as hard as him to earn a chance. He has carried this rabble for 2 years.

Theres something about Luke Garner that makes me think he is a future NRL backrower. Certainly not yet, but in the future.
I think Cleary prefers MWZ over Heleta.

Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:49 pm

We need to lose about 13 of those 17 players for next year
Go hard or go home

Unread post by 851 » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:50 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:48 pm
king sirro wrote:
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:

Thanks for the summary

Heleta is good with the ball, but his positional play is ordinary
Go hard or go home

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:50 pm

40-14 pretty much sums up the Tigers. I can't remember us being this weak in all 3 grades.

WestsBenTigers

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:53 pm

851 wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:50 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
king sirro wrote:
WestsBenTigers wrote:

Thanks for the summary

Maybe he should play on the wing

Unread post by 851 » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:54 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:53 pm
851 wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:50 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
king sirro wrote:

Maybe he should play on the wing
He also plays left centre
Go hard or go home

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 387 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:58 pm

lol Sironen ..wouldn't feed him a chip..

Wes Lolo Tali Heleta Edwards can hold there heads up...looks like the rest don't give a stuff..including Littljohn who is sposed to be playing for a contract..Oh Mapasone was OK too..

Twal toiled well..definitely a Worker style Prop..makes good contact in defence ..takes a bit to pull down...not an impact Prop..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

WestsBenTigers

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 3:10 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:58 pm
lol Sironen ..wouldn't feed him a chip..

Wes Lolo Tali Heleta Edwards can hold there heads up...looks like the rest don't give a stuff..including Littljohn who is sposed to be playing for a contract..Oh Mapasone was OK too..

Twal toiled well..definitely a Worker style Prop..makes good contact in defence ..takes a bit to pull down...not an impact Prop..
If he isn't an impact prop, should he play lock?

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 3:57 pm

851 wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:28 pm
Finchy just asked Joel Caine about fullback play, he said you can't just put anybody there, and then he said Tui is not a good enough defender to play fullback
Most fullbacks in the NRL are hopeless defenders anyway. Inglis is pathetic more often than not defensively. Teddy and RTS aren't much better 1on 1 IMO. There aren't many fullbacks who are known as being strong defensively, I think Tui's biggest obstacle as far as fullback goes is going to be his fitness-he doesn't seem to be the type to be able to cover the massive amount of meters a fullback needs to be able to travel.

VanillaThunder
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by VanillaThunder » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 5:50 pm

I don't know if it's the right choice of words going on what has been mentioned in this thread, but I'm looking forward to watching this game a bit later to get a look at the blokes who are playing for contracts. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Littlejohn just doesn't want it any more and is only playing because someone is paying his wage.
Also anyone know the logic in swapping your starting props for two bench props? Haven't seen enough reserve grade to know if it's to fit all the other changes, but you'd assume your two starting props would be the better ones.

russelldp
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by russelldp » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 10:06 pm

I watched Sironem closely during this game and his defence was woeful. He's lazy, slow to react and a couple of his efforts (when tries were scored) looked he thought he was playing touch footy.

He had a slightly harder go with the ball in the second half, but the only thing getting this kid picked in state cup is his surname.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Mon 19 Jun, 2017 1:35 pm

This was a pretty poor performance from the team, but not overly unexpected. Can't say that anyone looked good.

Tali looks like another Nofo clone. And with Fonua also joining us i don't see him fitting in with the club in the future unless he surpasses these two.

Lolo and Tatola look solid in a beaten pack. Twal was fairly invisible, Just a quiet worker that probably still got 30+ tackles and 100m.

Heleta was also fairly invisible and due to his size he would be unlikley to ever play first grade (or nsw cup for that matter) in the centres or wing. Shame out of all the Keebra players from the championship winning team the only one with the great attitude was the small nuggety centre who we've had to throw at fullback.

The backs and halves were hopeless. Chaning a third of your lineup every single week of the season doesn't help and the total lack of quality (especially given promotions to first grade) severely hurts this team.

Chuck Mapesone at 6, Move Sirro to back row.

Return to “Wests Tigers State Cup”