CEO Update - Justin Pascoe..June..

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 254 times

CEO Update - Justin Pascoe..June..

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:16 pm

Welcome to the Wests Tigers CEO Update for June.

Let’s get things straight.

The Wests Tigers are not going anywhere.

Financially we’re in the best position we’ve ever been in. Revenue is up across the business and we’re on track for a strong financial result this year. We have amazing fan support with 2017 another record year for Membership. We have no current loan with the NRL and under the new proposed NRL funding structure we expect to be profitable in 2018. In doing so we will be one of just a handful of NRL clubs to turn a profit. We are building a successful club that is sustainable.

We’re also in a position where we have unprecedented stability off the field. Our ownership is secured with a new agreement between Western Suburbs and Balmain, we have stability at a Board level and we are working towards a common goal. I’m pleased to say that the level of corporate investment in our club is growing, our playing strip is full and we have added a number of new partners to our club over the last year. These Corporate Partners can see a bright future for Wests Tigers and are committing their hard earned money to us, and we look forward to working with them for many years to come.

Key Financial Statistics

2017 apparel partners at capacity
Club on track to be profitable in 2018
Our future is secure. We have a license agreement with the NRL that states that the game is not entitled to direct or compel any club to relocate. As well as that the NRL cannot direct or compel any club to merge or enter into a joint venture, and cannot force the change of identity, logo, name or branding.

We’ve said on a number of occasions that we’re not afraid of making the tough decisions when they need to be made. We’ve made numerous tough decisions, all of which have the future sustainability of the club at their core. The saying goes that doing the same thing time and time again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. So we’ve made a conscious decision to break away from what we’ve done in the past to change our future. And we will continue to do so.

Our Membership is at its highest ever level. We’re closing in on 18,000 Members, which will be 3,000 above last year’s record number. You, our dedicated fans, are showing your support for the direction that the club is heading in by committing as Members and we thank you for that. We’ve worked hard behind the scenes to create a Membership offering that provides much more than just a ticket to the game each week and we’ve been rewarded with record growth. We’re taking our Members behind the scenes, giving them access to the people they want to see, the players, and are providing value for money. All of this adds up to an attractive Membership offering that we believe will continue to grow.
Key Membership Statistics

Wests Tigers has the fastest growing Membership in Sydney
Five Sydney based clubs have a lower overall satisfaction of Membership value according to NRL data
We’re very proud that last year we had the highest average home crowds of any Sydney team. We put a lot of work into turning each of our home games into an event, with specific theming, offers and off-field activities that appeal to the whole family. By doing this we were rewarded with a bump in crowds and for the first time in years were able to put up the ‘Sold Out’ sign at Leichhardt Oval in Round 26. We’ve continued that work into 2017 and are again seeing encouraging crowd figures.

Key Game Day Statistics

In 2016 Wests Tigers averaged a home crowd of 15,390
Only the Broncos, Cowboys and Storm had a higher average crowd
Wests Tigers were the number one Sydney team
Our community programs have become the envy of the game. We now deliver more than 35 meaningful programs across our footprint that are making a real difference in the community. We’re involved in more groups and initiatives than ever before and this is continuing to grow. We’re working on a number of programs that traditionally wouldn’t have been touched by Rugby League and this is something that we’re proud of and will continue to promote for years to come. How someone could suggest removing a club that is making such a positive impact on the community is laughable.

We as a club are fortunate to the have a junior nursery that is one of the three largest in Sydney. We are proud of the developmental pathway that we provide from the grassroots right through to the NRL and will continue to nurture these nurseries and grow the game.

We acknowledge that this club is not perfect, and we can do things better. But that’s why we’re making the changes that we’re making and why we will become one of the great clubs in this competition.

I’d like to finish by thanking you for your ongoing support of Wests Tigers and I look forward to this support continuing for many years to come.

Justin Pascoe
Wests Tigers CEO

Source : Members email
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by mike » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:18 pm

Well said JP.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

NT Tiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:24 pm

"Wests Tigers were the number one Sydney team" Suck on that Slothfield!
"Quality Stupidity"

dazza65
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by dazza65 » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:26 pm

Well, there you go.... ;)
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

TigersBusDriver
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by TigersBusDriver » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:27 pm

I have no doubts that our current board are exactly what we need in order for this club to truly flourish and prosper. Marina Go and Justin Pascoe have certainly picked up their game and are turning this club around, and like stated in the update, we will become one of the great clubs in this competition soon enough. The board certainly made no faults in the appointment of IC. Can't wait til 2018, first year I will become a member!

momo&medo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:30 pm

Someone should make Buzz and his DT cronies write all that out 100 times on the blackboard.
But it probably would not do no good.
All they are interested in is "Fake News".

swag tiger
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by swag tiger » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:35 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:16 pm
Welcome to the Wests Tigers CEO Update for June.

Let’s get things straight.

The Wests Tigers are not going anywhere.

Financially we’re in the best position we’ve ever been in. Revenue is up across the business and we’re on track for a strong financial result this year. We have amazing fan support with 2017 another record year for Membership. We have no current loan with the NRL and under the new proposed NRL funding structure we expect to be profitable in 2018. In doing so we will be one of just a handful of NRL clubs to turn a profit. We are building a successful club that is sustainable.

We’re also in a position where we have unprecedented stability off the field. Our ownership is secured with a new agreement between Western Suburbs and Balmain, we have stability at a Board level and we are working towards a common goal. I’m pleased to say that the level of corporate investment in our club is growing, our playing strip is full and we have added a number of new partners to our club over the last year. These Corporate Partners can see a bright future for Wests Tigers and are committing their hard earned money to us, and we look forward to working with them for many years to come.

Key Financial Statistics

2017 apparel partners at capacity
Club on track to be profitable in 2018
Our future is secure. We have a license agreement with the NRL that states that the game is not entitled to direct or compel any club to relocate. As well as that the NRL cannot direct or compel any club to merge or enter into a joint venture, and cannot force the change of identity, logo, name or branding.

We’ve said on a number of occasions that we’re not afraid of making the tough decisions when they need to be made. We’ve made numerous tough decisions, all of which have the future sustainability of the club at their core. The saying goes that doing the same thing time and time again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. So we’ve made a conscious decision to break away from what we’ve done in the past to change our future. And we will continue to do so.

Our Membership is at its highest ever level. We’re closing in on 18,000 Members, which will be 3,000 above last year’s record number. You, our dedicated fans, are showing your support for the direction that the club is heading in by committing as Members and we thank you for that. We’ve worked hard behind the scenes to create a Membership offering that provides much more than just a ticket to the game each week and we’ve been rewarded with record growth. We’re taking our Members behind the scenes, giving them access to the people they want to see, the players, and are providing value for money. All of this adds up to an attractive Membership offering that we believe will continue to grow.
Key Membership Statistics

Wests Tigers has the fastest growing Membership in Sydney
Five Sydney based clubs have a lower overall satisfaction of Membership value according to NRL data
We’re very proud that last year we had the highest average home crowds of any Sydney team. We put a lot of work into turning each of our home games into an event, with specific theming, offers and off-field activities that appeal to the whole family. By doing this we were rewarded with a bump in crowds and for the first time in years were able to put up the ‘Sold Out’ sign at Leichhardt Oval in Round 26. We’ve continued that work into 2017 and are again seeing encouraging crowd figures.

Key Game Day Statistics

In 2016 Wests Tigers averaged a home crowd of 15,390
Only the Broncos, Cowboys and Storm had a higher average crowd
Wests Tigers were the number one Sydney team
Our community programs have become the envy of the game. We now deliver more than 35 meaningful programs across our footprint that are making a real difference in the community. We’re involved in more groups and initiatives than ever before and this is continuing to grow. We’re working on a number of programs that traditionally wouldn’t have been touched by Rugby League and this is something that we’re proud of and will continue to promote for years to come. How someone could suggest removing a club that is making such a positive impact on the community is laughable.

We as a club are fortunate to the have a junior nursery that is one of the three largest in Sydney. We are proud of the developmental pathway that we provide from the grassroots right through to the NRL and will continue to nurture these nurseries and grow the game.

We acknowledge that this club is not perfect, and we can do things better. But that’s why we’re making the changes that we’re making and why we will become one of the great clubs in this competition.

I’d like to finish by thanking you for your ongoing support of Wests Tigers and I look forward to this support continuing for many years to come.

Justin Pascoe
Wests Tigers CEO

Source : Members email
Faith in Tigers Restored
YAY! :supporter: :sign:
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

wt00
Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by wt00 » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:39 pm

Forward it to slothfield and co @ news limited...
The star of the team is the team.

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by oldprop » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:41 pm

Thanks Mr. Pascoe. Very good of you to put out such a positive message. Now, if we could just win this weekend.
Need more props.

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by 2041 » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:41 pm

Never forget: Rothfield doesn't write what he writes because he's incompetent (though he is at most a mediocre to poor journalist) or because he's stupid (though his opinions are shallow and ill thought-out at best).

He does it because he is as riddled with conflicts of interest as he presumably is with cirrhosis and because the people he is in hock to want him to push the agenda he enthusiastically expounds. He escaped last year's internal investigation with his job and - apparently - credibility intact for no other reason than because his editorial line is convenient for his owners.

He is an embarrassment to our game, and the fact that he continues to hold an important position at a major media outlet is a disgrace to his employers.

Purely in my opinion, of course.

russelldp
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by russelldp » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:48 pm

Good reply from Pascoe, I think he and Go have the Club heading in the right direction.

Btw, my office received a phone call and email from John Skandalis last week selling shorts front sponsorship. ($20k. Coach Cleary's sponsorship of $25k also for sale)

That said,

Earl
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Earl » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:50 pm

Geez. We sound like a well managed club with a couple of pea-hearted players who are on their way out.

tigerap
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by tigerap » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:56 pm

I'm x3 in for 2018 it will be our 8th year of continuous membership and I hope the most enjoyable... Despite all the negativity in the press I believe in the current board and administration

Icon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Icon » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 10:14 pm

Great response to the diatribe in tabloids today.

The level NEWS LTD are sinking to will hopefully sink them in time.

hugh1954
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by hugh1954 » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 10:36 pm

Now thats what ui want to hear,worth becomming a member even thogh i live to far away to travel to sydney anymore because of the night games.I ill become a member in 2018 and hope they start thinking about the fans again with realistic game times and prices. Go you good things for 2018 might even get a saturday afternoon game at Leichardt oval and bring back memories of Laurie Nichols with a winning , consistant team. Keep up the good work Mr Pascoe

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 10:42 pm

Next year is an automatic renew for me. That hasn't been the case for me since 2012.

BodhiTiger

Unread post by BodhiTiger » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 10:47 pm

On the back of this info, it may give an indication of why the club is being attacked constantly in the media.
If these figures are on the money, and we are achieving this with all the drama and the non-performing team that we have.
Then the sky is the limit when we start competing (Next year of course :D)
I think a few of these media tosses have their feathers ruffled that the basket case that can't attract decent players is toweling their prima donna teams up in the fan/business stakes.
The bullied kid is starting to turn it around.
Nice work by the upstairs crew, keep it coming!
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 10:50 pm

It is not particularly well written (which does make it seem more relateable), but the content is encouraging and is a good reply to calls for the club to be relocated or merged. Nice job.

Return to “Wests Tigers CEO Updates”