Brooks

TIGER

Brooks

Post by TIGER » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:29 pm

Yep another Brooks thread, until he learns to take control of a game when his team needs him to I'm going to keep pointing him out.
Don't let two lucky bounces off kicks fool you into thinking he was good today, he wasn't awful by any stretch but once again he failed to do his number one job.

What are we feeling about him at the moment and looking towards the future?

I know a few are waiting to see how he goes in a new team next year but I can't see how a few new forwards and a different halves partner (who is also going ordinary I might add) is going to change the fact that his options and end of sets are atrocious.
Last edited by TIGER on Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:34 pm

Ran the footy well again today...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:50 pm

That 5th tackle option they mucked up midway thru the 2nd half thaat saw manly score next set was telling....we shouldve been getting a repeat set or pinning them down in their end

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:55 pm

When it comes to the crunch he falls short. Turning point in today's game he fails to get a kick on the last to try for a repeat set, when still ahead by 4.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:56 pm

He looks great at moments of a game but never for 80 mins

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:59 pm

Certainly needs to improve some things but i'll take Brandy Alexanders comments on him over anyone elses. Brandy calls it how he see's it, you can hear his frustration during games with either players or officials, he's an honest guy. If he thinks Brooks did well today then thats a positive.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 6:03 pm

Well Brandy and i have something in common then. I feel his last couple of games whilst containing some errors have shown plenty of positives. You would think Ivan has had a big hand in his own sons development and i think we are starting to see signs in Luke. What he needs and we need is consistency. If he can remain injury free, he'll get more continuity. Incidentally Lolo is starting to show some good signs too.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 7:12 pm

With the pack we have ..... ANY half will struggle.
I reserve my judgement for next year IF we continue to build our forward strength to respectable level.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 7:24 pm

He did more good things than poor things and despite a poor read today, has improved well in defence. If only he could sort out his short passing game ..............

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 7:31 pm

Furious1 wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 6:03 pm
Well Brandy and i have something in common then. I feel his last couple of games whilst containing some errors have shown plenty of positives. You would think Ivan has had a big hand in his own sons development and i think we are starting to see signs in Luke. What he needs and we need is consistency. If he can remain injury free, he'll get more continuity. Incidentally Lolo is starting to show some good signs too.
Yep me too I have really noticed an improvement last game and this. I thought it might have just been against Knights but he was good today. Ran often and well, scored a try, a try assist, forced a drop out, made almost 100 meters and only missed 2 tackles.

We didn't win and he wasn't perfect but he is for mine playing the best he has since he joined the club in the last 2 weeks and I think its dwon to Moses being gone and Cleary's coaching.

I wasn't sure he was a good signing until probably today but when he backed up the Knights game with today I am sold that he will be more then worth his money next year and the rest of this

The Old Fox

Post by The Old Fox » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 7:52 pm

I have been a fan of Brooks from day one and still am, however in my view ...he is not where most of the experts thought he might be..they were talking him up as the next Andrew Johns, perhaps Cleary can get the best out of for next year?, a couple of positive signs in the last two weeks but still those critical moments in the game where he needed to make the right decision was the difference between him and Cheery evans who did and brought home the prize for the sea eagles..goods signs from Lolo who reminds me of a mini me Benji Marshall.. he might be anything next year.

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 8:22 pm

Has to sort out his short kicking game. The rest of his game is developing nicely but he was so far behind Green and DCE at 5th tackle it's not funny.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 8:23 pm

Nathan Cleary vs Brooks - Daylight
One full of confidence with a day to make decisions and the other doubting himself too much

Brooks needs t back himself, he needs to own it
He is still not owning the team and i doubt he will

Thankfully Lolo is finding form which is taking pressure off Brooks

Just image having JLJ next to him.. Mess and a half we would have been

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 8:27 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 8:23 pm
Nathan Cleary vs Brooks - Daylight
One full of confidence with a day to make decisions and the other doubting himself too much

Brooks needs t back himself, he needs to own it
He is still not owning the team and i doubt he will

Thankfully Lolo is finding form which is taking pressure off Brooks

Just image having JLJ next to him.. Mess and a half we would have been

The key difference between them two is the pack they each have laying the platform. Penriths forwards are a age above ours. It's why he has a lot of time to make decisions

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 9:04 pm

He needs to get rid of the crud plays. If he does he is a good first grade level halfback.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 10:38 pm

Brooks of old is coming . His building nicely.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 11:55 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:29 pm
Yep another Brooks thread, until he learns to take control of a game when his team needs him to I'm going to keep pointing him out.
Don't let two lucky bounces off kicks fool you into thinking he was good today, he wasn't awful by any stretch but once again he failed to do his number one job.

What are we feeling about him at the moment and looking towards the future?

I know a few are waiting to see how he goes in a new team next year but I can't see how a few new forwards and a different halves partner (who is also going ordinary I might add) is going to change the fact that his options and end of sets are atrocious.
Agree with most of it. Funny though how Brooks' 2 kicks are viewed as lucky, whereas if it was Cronk that kicked them people would be calling it genius. 90% of kicks are riding massively on luck to get a positive outcome IMO, especially once they bounce.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 8:05 am

He is a skillful player but still too erratic. He at times appears indecisive to me, resulting in misstimed plays and kicks making himself and those around him look very ordinary. Has got to get rid of the panic plays before we get the best from him imo.