Cleary u got what u deserved.

TigerTiger

Re: Cleary u got what u deserved.

Post by TigerTiger » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:38 am

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:21 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:07 pm
Even Bellamy couldn't turn this rabble around ...with dud signings like a busted Mqueen and a headless chook in reynolds next season will be a rinse and repeat of this crap season ..

Good luck Cleary :lol:
And yet Taylor had them a point out of the 8.
That was when Woods, Teddy and the Slimy one were actually trying to help us to win. We haven't had 100% effort from even both Ted and Woods any one game this year.

I'm not blaming Ted/ Woods for our loss yesterday, I'm pointing out that is the difference from when we nearly made the 8 (before choking and losing by nearly 50 odd).
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:40 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:24 pm
05TIGZ wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 8:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:10 pm
Startting to become evident that JT wasn't the problem.
I'm starting to think you actually enjoy the team losing just so you can keep going on about JT. We lost by 1 point to a team firmly in the top 8. We almost beat manly last week and they were coming 4th. We are blooding some great youngsters in marsters, twal and eisenhuth. Funny how you used to give it to the supporters because you thought they wanted a loss so they can get rid of JT. Your just as bad. Move on, JT is gone, was never a good coach and how about you get behind the team and move on from your JT obsession.
I have no issue with Cleary, actually I'm a big fan. But if Taylor was the problem, why have we only won 3 games since he was sacked?
You are so clouded by your obsession with JT that there is no point in arguing with you. If you are a supporter of the tigers then you would be very happy with the direction the club is going and the improvements we have made,particularly in the last 3 weeks. JT is at the roosters , and I'm sure they would love supporters like you to go across there.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:43 am

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:08 pm
Talking Tiger wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 8:20 pm
I reckon Cleary is doing a great job with a terrible team. The fact that he is getting big efforts out of Woods speaks volumes to me about his ability to motivate players. The decision not to strip Woods of the captaincy may have something to do with that.

I am sure if Cleary had better options than JLJ and Lovett than he would take them. Hopefully next year we can field a strong team each week that we can 100% get behind.

Let's look for the positives in our team and get behind them for the rest of the season.
Well said
Whilst we are not winning games I think we are improving. (Even with the team we have)-

Don't forget we were only beaten by 1 point by the Eels ( a top 8 team) so either we are not that bad or the said top 8 team isn't that good.. Keep the faith guys... :righton:

timmings01

Post by timmings01 » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:46 am

Earl wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 11:44 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
05TIGZ wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I'm starting to think you actually enjoy the team losing just so you can keep going on about JT. We lost by 1 point to a team firmly in the top 8. We almost beat manly last week and they were coming 4th. We are blooding some great youngsters in marsters, twal and eisenhuth. Funny how you used to give it to the supporters because you thought they wanted a loss so they can get rid of JT. Your just as bad. Move on, JT is gone, was never a good coach and how about you get behind the team and move on from your JT obsession.
I have no issue with Cleary, actually I'm a big fan. But if Taylor was the problem, why have we only won 3 games since he was sacked?
I think Taylor was clearly part of the problem and in reality a significant part of the problem. It's more his fault we've only won 3 games since he was sacked than Cleary's. It's his team minus Moses that is currently playing out there. That is the team that he assembled. Give Cleary some time to develop a better squad and see how he goes.
lol blaming last year's coach for the team only winning 3 games this season. Now I've heard everything.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:29 am

tigeress wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:43 am
jadtiger wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:08 pm
Talking Tiger wrote:
I reckon Cleary is doing a great job with a terrible team. The fact that he is getting big efforts out of Woods speaks volumes to me about his ability to motivate players. The decision not to strip Woods of the captaincy may have something to do with that.

I am sure if Cleary had better options than JLJ and Lovett than he would take them. Hopefully next year we can field a strong team each week that we can 100% get behind.

Let's look for the positives in our team and get behind them for the rest of the season.
Well said
Whilst we are not winning games I think we are improving. (Even with the team we have)-

Don't forget we were only beaten by 1 point by the Eels ( a top 8 team) so either we are not that bad or the said top 8 team isn't that good.. Keep the faith guys... :righton:
It definitely comes down to our depth, unfortuantely with Rowdy and Edwards ruled out before the game, Cleary was forced to play his hand in putting JLJ on the bench. I don't even think that was the problem in our loss, we just relaxed for split second moments which allowed the Eels to attack.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:32 am

I enjoyed the game yesterday and although we did get beaten by a single point,there was a marked improvement in player attitude... Most on here single out individuals to blame and shame,Ivan had very little to choose from to replace the injured, JLJ is the whipping boy everytime he plays,however he is all Ivan really had to use in replacing MM,he is a utility player of ISP quality,you can only use what you've got..
What beat our team yesterday was I'll discipline and immaturity...but that also comes from being a young team still learning the hard lessons of NRL..If most on here can't see that this team is slowly progressing in the right direction under Ivan's coaching,then they are very hard to please,I said in my opening that I enjoyed the game along with Gould and others who said it was an entertaining game...good to see 30,000 fans at the game as well..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:41 am

I understand we are low on troops , but surely now is the time to throw someone new in and see if they can handle it??

Jlj and lovett again??

The Old Fox

Post by The Old Fox » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:42 am

Talking Tiger wrote:

Spot on, a good coach in todays game must be a good psychologist, making the players remove distractions and put in that extra 1 percent is the pay off..Woods and Teddy are playing great the team is having a go and we can thank Cleary for that!

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:01 am

criwdfluffer wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:41 am
I understand we are low on troops , but surely now is the time to throw someone new in and see if they can handle it??

Jlj and lovett again??
That's our current issue, having a suspended player and others ruled out to injury, Cleary is forced to pick players like JLJ and Lovett. JLJ is a utility so if McIlwrick couldn't play 80, he would come as a replacement.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:18 am

05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:40 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
05TIGZ wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
You are so clouded by your obsession with JT that there is no point in arguing with you. If you are a supporter of the tigers then you would be very happy with the direction the club is going and the improvements we have made,particularly in the last 3 weeks. JT is at the roosters , and I'm sure they would love supporters like you to go across there.
You're the one who is obsessed with JT. If you weren't so obbssessed with JT yourself, you'd know my comment wasn't a dig at Cleary, but the playing roster. Now please, stop following me around like a little lost puppy. I am not interested.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:19 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:32 am
I enjoyed the game yesterday and although we did get beaten by a single point,there was a marked improvement in player attitude... Most on here single out individuals to blame and shame,Ivan had very little to choose from to replace the injured, JLJ is the whipping boy everytime he plays,however he is all Ivan really had to use in replacing MM,he is a utility player of ISP quality,you can only use what you've got..
What beat our team yesterday was I'll discipline and immaturity...but that also comes from being a young team still learning the hard lessons of NRL..If most on here can't see that this team is slowly progressing in the right direction under Ivan's coaching,then they are very hard to please,I said in my opening that I enjoyed the game along with Gould and others who said it was an entertaining game...good to see 30,000 fans at the game as well..
:master: :master:

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:46 am

kh_canada wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:01 am
criwdfluffer wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:41 am

Jlj and lovett again??
That's our current issue, having a suspended player and others ruled out to injury, Cleary is forced to pick players like JLJ and Lovett. JLJ is a utility so if McIlwrick couldn't play 80, he would come as a replacement.
A little perspective, yesterday on the Footy Show one of the commentators stated that Victor Radley was the first Roosters' junior to debut since 2012? What an appalling record and one the Roosters and the NRL should be ashamed of. How many juniors have we produced from 2012?

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:04 am

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:19 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:32 am
:master: :master:
Well Col,I say how I see it,the team is young and most are inexperienced at this level...they will learn,Ivan is the coach to take them to the next level...if people can't see the improvement in this team although very slowly,then they are blind..youth is a wonderful thing,its how you developed and educate them to be a success at this level is the key..
As for people bagging Ivan at this early stage of his tenure are absolutely being negative for the sake of being negative as with the new recruits next year give Ivan a chance to hone this team into a competitive unit,this year all Ivan has done is clean up a huge mess and get some stability and order in the joint...the squad and Ivan have my true support,I'm looking forward to next year and the rest of this season...a win is not to far off....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:19 am

Knuckles wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 8:09 pm
Even though we just missed out on the eight last year, the last game against the Raiders showed we were not a serious semi finals threat.
It was over after 20 mins. Very poor effort.
Need more props.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:51 am

I must admit I thought this would have been about the game plan (taking the 2 points instead of trying to score a try). It was a bit too defensive minded for mine.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:54 am

oldprop wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:19 am
Knuckles wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 8:09 pm
Even though we just missed out on the eight last year, the last game against the Raiders showed we were not a serious semi finals threat.
It was over after 20 mins. Very poor effort.
Is that a fair distinction? We got flogged by Penrith in our last game of 2005 too if I recall.

I really enjoyed the game yesterday too as everyone had a dig. Woods would be the player I am most critical of, as he should know better than to throw a pass in our own end late in the game.

We should have got the conversion and we should have got the field goal, we had all the time in the world in both instances. Sometimes it is just not meant to be but the team should be more resilient for it next year.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 12:04 pm

As a previous post said we are showing some spirit and fight in games which was lost under JT so I will take that and be happy as we prep for next year.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 12:47 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:54 am
Is that a fair distinction? We got flogged by Penrith in our last game of 2005 too if I recall.

I really enjoyed the game yesterday too as everyone had a dig. Woods would be the player I am most critical of, as he should know better than to throw a pass in our own end late in the game.

We should have got the conversion and we should have got the field goal, we had all the time in the world in both instances. Sometimes it is just not meant to be but the team should be more resilient for it next year.
Disagree with this. The off load was on; it was a clean off load; Woods did everything right on this occasion by creating the 2nd phase. The Dill catching the ball was 100% at fault if he wants to be an NRL Player.

The fact JLJ was in the squad is a concern for 2018. Obviously McIilwrick cant play 80min rendering us to having to play a 2nd DH option. This concerns me moving forward more than a 1 point loss.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017